GTA IV on PC

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes, it is exactly the same design as the intel heatsink/fan combo's. Fiddly, but easy once you understand how they work with the click to fit in place mechanism.

Check your motherboard's website, i use a tool called Asus Probe, this allows me to adjust fan speed temps (other than in bios). I use Core temp (google) to check for CPU temps.

Wrong, check the arctic silver website. It is vital that you do it how they say for intel dual core chips. You only need a thin straight line of it, just check the arctic silver website, it will talk you through the whole process. It makes a difference.

Sod it, heres the link you will need.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinstruct/as5/ins_as5_intel_dual_wcap.pdf

Prime95 is fine, but to be honest if you can run it for 30 minutes (small fft's test), and temps stay below 60c, your good. No game will stress your cpu that much so i wouldn't even bother running it that long.

As long as everything is getting enough volts, you should have no problems. If temps are fine but pc freezes or restarts, then you may need to up the cpu volts a little at a time until you get stable. More than likely you won't need to.

Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful. :)

Not good, PC Gamer giving incorrect instructions like that...

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful. :)

Not good, PC Gamer giving incorrect instructions like that...

What they are saying is fine in the sense that it won't harm your cpu, but it wastes a lot of compound, and with compound less is more. If you had a single core cpu, then that would be the way to spread it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What they are saying is fine in the sense that it won't harm your cpu, but it wastes a lot of compound, and with compound less is more. If you had a single core cpu, then that would be the way to spread it.

OK, so this way it saves more for other occasions: makes sense. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yes, Gamer did mention that. Have you seen my new thread? That's where I've posted other questions pertaining to this, as this thread has gone miles off topic!!! :laugh

One last question in this thread: I was able to remove and replace the Intel cooler without any problems. When installing the Arctic Freezer, is it just a case of 'old cooler out, thermal paste on CPU, install new cooler'? And are the coolers that come with thermal paste already applied better than those that don't? (OK, two last questions.) :D

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/technology/cooling-testing-questions-56976.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread