Streetfighter IV on PC.

We've finally found a reason for the faceplant smilie!!!

BTW I can't do Combo's either so we'd probably have a decent match. If you do venture online, I'm Beeblebrox900.

I've decided on:

SkullKrusha33. You like? :D I wanted 'SkullCrusher33', but that was taken, of course.

Currently getting owned by the computer though, so I need practice, or the 'rookie room' if there is such a thing with SFIV! :D

Last edited:
How do you 'charge up' Balrog's moves? The link you gave said to hold the stick in the direction indicated for two seconds - that just makes the character move away. I understand the one where you hold down RT for a few seconds and then release and the focus moves, it's the other ones I don't get.

Actually, if someone can just tell me how to 'charge' moves fullstop, it would really open the game up for me. I'm beginning to get better at it, but too many characters have moves that need charging.

For charging, you have to do exactly what you said, you need to hold the stick in that direction for a bit (dunno if it has to be 2 seconds though). So yes, it does make you back off before doing the move. I haven't played the game in a while but I wasn't really ever able to master the combo's. It's actually ruining the game for me as it's so combo based. Few sonic booms are about my limit. The focus attacks are pretty useful too.

Good games last night master, get working on your combo's and ultras.

Good games last night master, get working on your combo's and ultras.

Cheers. I had them working for a bit in Training mode and then it went all random again. Practice makes perfect, I suppose. Who do you think I should focus on mainly for now? I think Ken's my best player.

Cheers. I had them working for a bit in Training mode and then it went all random again. Practice makes perfect, I suppose. Who do you think I should focus on mainly for now? I think Ken's my best player.

Well I'm not expert either. But here's a few tips.

Focus attackers, if a player is jumping a lot, anticipate it, as you think he's gonna jump start the focus attack, wait till his jumping kick hits you, then release. Bam, immediately dash cancel forward out of the focus (forward twice quickly) then go for the combo.

Good combo's to learn for ken are croch medium kick >> hadoken. Ken's medium kick when moving forwards is a great poke tool, its also very quick.

With ken do the focus attack method i said above, dash cancel into ultra/or super.

Jumping kick, standing hard punch, hard dragon punch is another good combo. However if the opponent is blocking do not do the dragon punch. If you have already done it, its possible to dash cancel out of a dragon punch thats being blocked, if ur quick.

Damn, all this talking about it makes me want to play. You fancy some games?

Maybe later - lasagne's ready soon. Lasagne...mmmmmm. :)

Edit: I am actually winning some games (I've won 16% of the games I've played - I thought it'd be far worse than that). I beat this one guy three times in a row, so he quit midway through the fourth game.

Users who are viewing this thread