Story Hampshire Hawks Swoop for County Championship Glory! (Cricket Coach)

m_vaughan said:
Great performance there from Hampshire. Kevin Pietersen showing his true class.

Please do not post any copyrighted material here. Once again I suggest you to read the rules of our forum.

Sorry for that; I wasn't aware that the material was copyrighted because I own the DVD's myself; sorry for any inconvienience. I've sent you a PM for more detail.

The next update will come tonight or early tomorrow.

Last edited:
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Charles Colville: Well it's been another tremendous day for Hampshire today, as Middlesex failed to put in a good batting performance as they were bowled out in the space of 1 and a half sessions. All the talk before the game was of how Brett Lee would fit into this Hampshire side, and he didn't disapoint as he ripped through Middlesex with 4/32. James Bruce continued his fine early season form as he took 2 wickets, and Sean Ervine also claimed 2 scalps as well. As for Middlesex, the only player who looked comfortable was the wicket keeper, Scott, who scored a patient unbeaten 48. When Hampshire came to bat, they lost Ed Smith and John Crawley cheaply and they were on the back foot, but then the captain Graham Thorpe and debutant Andrew Strauss put on a fine partnership, and the latter scored 77*.

End of Play Day 1, Scorecards:

Summary:
minisummaryau1.png

Middlesex First Innings:
minimiddlesexinningswo9.png

Hampshire First Innings:
minihampshireinningsor4.png

Players of the Day:

brettqf3.jpg

Brett Lee: Bowled fast and accurate and settled in quickly.

scottde3.jpg

Ben Scott: The only bright spark of Middlesex's innings.

strauss1xl4.jpg

Andrew Strauss: Fantastic debut innings for the Hawks.

Charles Colville: So, another fine day for Hampshire as they have once again showed their Championship class. Middlesex have a huge task ahead of them tomorrow if they are to save this game. Only one way to find out though, tune in to Sky Sports tomorrow.

m_vaughan said:
Ha, Strauss scoring an unbeaten 77 against his former club. Why dont you post the bowling screens as well?

Good idea; the next update will have bowling screens too.

Hamps in very comfortable position!!! Strauss is aiming for big one i guess....:happy

this is a really good story youve got going here. amazing lineup for hampshire and im sure youll blitz the championship. all the best. great start though. i quite like the colour in the screens

Thanks for all the compliments guys, but I'll only be able to update this later on or maybe even tomorrow; I have a 20 over game today so i'm a bit busy.

m_vaughan said:
Best of luck for the game and take your time.

Thanks, it went well.

I'll try to update later, but my internet keeps playing up so i'll probably update tomorrow instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

evertonfan said:
Thanks, it went well.

I'll try to update later, but my internet keeps playing up so i'll probably update tomorrow instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

no prbs mate!! take ur time!!!
Hamps is setting a nice platform for the victory!!! :cheers

Last edited:
are u using videos evertonfan mate as in the pm you had a few brett lee deliveries in ur fraps file ;)
can't wait mate :)

treva said:
are u using videos evertonfan mate as in the pm you had a few brett lee deliveries in ur fraps file ;)
can't wait mate :)

I used to have videos in the story but PC rules restrict me from using them anymore because I don't have the rights to use them.

And yes, I do have a lot of Brett wickets from my Ashes DVD. ;)

ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Charles Colville: Welcome to the Rose Bowl for highlights of the second days play here between Hampshire and Middlesex. Hampshire were in a strong position overnight, and they wasted no time in pressing home their advantage. Andrew Strauss who was on 77* overnight, went on to make 160 but he wasn't the only England batsman to reach triple fgures today. Kevin Pietersen continued his sparkling early-season form as he struck an unbeaten 111, and he was supported by another 50 from his captain, Graham Thorpe. We saw Brett Lee make a fine debut yesterday, and fellow Australian Adam Gilchrist showed his class today as he ended the day unbeaten on 37, hitting 3 fours and 2 sixes. As for Middlesex, the only bowler who looked good today was captain Johann Louw, as his 4 wickets kept Hampshire to 388/5 at the close.

Close of Play Day 2, Scorecards:

Summary:
minisummaryub9.png

Hampshire First Innings, Batting Card:
minibattingcardhb2.png

Hampshire First Innings, Bowling Card:
minibowlingcardlc2.png

Players of the Day:

straussbk8.jpg

Andrew Strauss: Superb 160; a fine debut knock.

kpuz2.jpg

Kevin Pietersen: An absolute run machine at the moment.

adamrb0.jpg

Adam Gilchrist: Aggressive from the start and was always seeking boundaries.

louwcrop2644gq9.jpg

Johann Louw: The Middlesex captain bowled well all day long.

Charles Colville: Another fine day of cricket from the Rose Bowl, and although Hampshire have a substantial lead, Middlesex aren't completley out of this yet. The wickets of Gilchrist and Pietersen are crucial though; if the pair of them last at least 30 minutes tomorrow, then the sniff of hope that Middlesex hold on to will be quite literally, smashed. With Gilchrist and Pietersen at the crease, you'd be a fool to miss tomorrow's play.

Users who are viewing this thread