Story Hampshire Hawks Swoop for County Championship Glory! (Cricket Coach)

KP and Gilly batting at the same time. How amazing is that?

Also from England's point of view its good to see both Strauss and KP do well. KP seems to be in great form.

Bala said:
Whats KP's average so far - 1000?

After todays match, this is KP's average:

minikpkg5.png

What a player!

I will post the updates later on because once again, i'm preoccupied with my cricket team devotions!

A little hint for tonights update; A man with the initials CT, and another with SU performed brilliantly.

This is the moment i was waiting for... KP and Gilli together doing great for the team.....:happy
I feel Hamps are sure to win this!!! :cheers

ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Charles Colville: Welcome to the Rose Bowl for day 3 of this Liverpool Victoria County Championship match between Hampshire and Middlesex. As has been the case for pretty much all days for Hampshire this season, they started the day on 388/5, already over 200 runs ahead of Middlesex. They failed to lose a wicket this morning, and after Pietersen and Gilchrist hit a few boundaries, Graham Thorpe declared his side's inning on 408/5. Many spectators felt that Thorpe had let Middlesex off the hook and they thought that Hampshire could have scored more runs to bat Middlesex out of the game, but all of this naysaying was thwarted when Middlesex batted again. Thanks to an explosive spell from Chris Tremlett and a tactical one from Shaun Udal, Middlesex were skittled for 109. Udal and Tremlett were the two best bowlers as they took four wickets each, and they were supported by Brett Lee, who took 2 wickets wlate on in the innings.

Final Match Scorecards:

Summary:
minisummarywt6.png

Hampshire First Innings, Batting Card:
minihampshireinningsxt2.png

Middlesex Second Innings, Batting Card:

minimiddlesexinningsez5.png

Middlesex Second Innings, Bowling Card:

minihampshirebowlingar3.png

Players of the Day:

tremletthl6.jpg

Chris Tremlett: Bowled beautifully in front of the SKY cameras.

udalzg3.jpg

Shaun Udal: Still taking wickets at the tender age of 37.

brettlr1.jpg

Brett Lee: 6 wickets on debut and he looks to be a threat all season.

Charles Colville: Well just be before we wrap things up, David had a little chat with the two captains and the man of the match.

David Lloyd: I'm here with the Hampshire captain Graham Thorpe; Well Graham, 3 matches 3 wins, have you got your eye on that Championship?

Graham Thorpe: Well that goes without saying Bumble, we want that title badly and we couldn't have made a better start to the season. The lads played exceptionally for the third game running, and Brett and Gilly seem to ha ve hit the ground running and they will surely turn out to be excellent signings for us.

David Lloyd: Well thanks Graham enjoy your victory! I'm now here with the Middlesex captain Johann Louw; Johann, what are your thoughts on the game?

Johann Louw: Well i'm not too hapyy with any of the lads, including me. We just let Hampshire win today, we were scared of bowling to their star players like Gilchrist and Pietersen and then most of teh batsmen were so concerned about surviving Brett Lee that they forgot about the other bowlers. We aren't going to dwell on this defeat though, it was just a bad day at the office and hopefully we can put it right next week.

David Lloyd: Thanks Johann. Well there were a few contenders for man of the match today, but in the end, the winner of the champagne is one of the Hampshire debutants, Andrew Strauss.

Andrew Strauss: Thanks Bumble. I enjoyed my debut but I would prefer it if it wasn't against my old team! I just hope Duncan can let me play another game for Hampshire next week so I can get more preperation for the first test against Sri Lanka.

David Lloyd: Well that's it from down here Charles; Back to you.

Charles Colville: That as they say is that for today's play and for the match. Another fantastic victory for Hampshire and if they carry on like this then they are almost certain to win the County Championship.

great win there evertonfan and looking like your gonna walk all over each team lol :p
great stuff keep it up :clap :)

treva said:
great win there evertonfan and looking like your gonna walk all over each team lol :p
great stuff keep it up :clap :)

Thanks for the comments! Updates coming later because I feel a bit ill at the moment; probably because if this damn heatwave we are having!

Thats a great victory.....I m sure this team is going to top this season...Credits for the manager to bring in all the vital players :D

Sorry for not updating today guys; I've been ill because I have sunstroke from playing cricket in this intense heat! This story is still alive and well and the next game will come tomorrow.

ssn8ni.gif
BREAKING NEWS

Shock news today regarding County Championship leaders Hampshire, as they have today confirmed that Rob Key will not be joining this seaosn. Key who had already signed a contract with Hampshire a few weeks ago, has decided to join Sussex instead. Something that will add spice to news, is that Hampshire will play Sussex at Hove in their next County Championship game, and with Rob Key expected to captain his new side, there could be a lot of tension between the two teams.

robkeywp6.jpg

Key has made 20 appearances for England, but he won't be playing in a Hampshire shirt for now.

Hampshire coach Matthew Roberts says that he is disapointed with Key's change of heart, but he respects his decision.

Roberts: "Well i'm bitterly disapointed that Rob won't be joining us; I think he is a terrific batsman and a fantastic leader on and off the pitch", "I've not lost any respect for the man though, and I hope he does well for Sussex; I wouldn't mind if he bags a pair against us later in the week though!"

That's all for the Sky Sports cricket office tonight, and as always, we will keep you updated with all the latest cricket news. Goodnight!

Very big loss! I can't believe he joined Sussex! Ah well, i'm not doing bad without him am I?

Users who are viewing this thread