HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray

The thing is though to understand the full brilliance of the HD-DVD format you'll need an HD Ready TV, and decent ones cost over ?1000 so I would expect for now Blu-Ray would come up tops.

But when the price of HD-TVs comes down a lot then I reckon that HD-DVD will win the battle once and for all.

hondeyho said:
The thing is though to understand the full brilliance of the HD-DVD format you'll need an HD Ready TV, and decent ones cost over ?1000 so I would expect for now Blu-Ray would come up tops.

But when the price of HD-TVs comes down a lot then I reckon that HD-DVD will win the battle once and for all.

exactly. :cheers:

The blurriness I notice in those screens is too little to be of siginificance.
Due to fact images snapped form video streams end to get blurry as the pics moves.

It is interesting that the PS3 is opting for Blu Ray technology. On this along would you think that the PS3 has an advantage to the XBox 360? It would store more data on the dics as well.

It is interesting that the PS3 is opting for Blu Ray technology. On this along would you think that the PS3 has an advantage to the XBox 360? It would store more data on the dics as well.

Such technological advances are to be expected since the PS3 is being shipped more than an year after the XBOX 360.

What will make or break it is the kind of 3rd party games support it gets.

The PS range has always been the best in the business for games. I can't see that changing when PS3 comes out either. It's got the rep that Windows does where people will buy any new release that comes out by them.

Actually, Blue Ray tech will need nice amount of change by fab plants to adopt them.
However, 47 GB is too much If u ask me.
Currently games are expanding at quiet modest rate.By the time Sony launches PS3, they might hit 10GB mark, but nowhere near 47GB which will lead to huge wasteage of space.

And Games don't make/break tech.Its *blue films * that have been known to make/break them

What will make or break it is the kind of 3rd party games support it gets.

And Games don't make/break tech.Its *blue films * that have been known to make/break them

I was talking about make or break for the PS3. The kind of "Blue" films released sure as hell won't make or break the PS3. However the kind of games released for it surely will.

Ritwik said:
I was talking about make or break for the PS3. The kind of "Blue" films released sure as hell won't make or break the PS3. However the kind of games released for it surely will.

The game lineup also don't matter.
All big companies release them both for Xbox/PS3.
As for indivisual titles, there is generally enough compensation for different type of games in both platforms.
And there is enough loyalities form both consoles in heart of fans.

I don't believe that Xbox/PS3 will have any impacton Blue ray-HD -DVD

Actually there's a possibility that HD-DVD might do better as Sony seems to be failing in few departments like delay in PS3 release not to mention they haven't produced a working system yet. And PS3 is the only saviour for Blu-ray, there's nothing else in support of it. Even the DVD forum voted in HD-DVD favour and more over Microsoft is supporting it openly.
Plus HD-DVD players are launching soon and about 200+ movies are planned for release on HD-DVD, whereas there aren't any solid news on Blu-Ray.

siddharth2002 said:
Plus HD-DVD players are launching soon and about 200+ movies are planned for release on HD-DVD, whereas there aren't any solid news on Blu-Ray.

HD-DVD Players are already available in America & in some parts of Europe too.

Users who are viewing this thread