Pro Evolution 2008!

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
IGN are always bumming PES though because they have IGN adboards in the game.
Even the 360 version of PES 2008 got 9.3 in the UK review, that's how inaccurate and biased their reviews are...

The Wii version might be decent though, I think the shooting would lack control and there would be too much to do at a time though...

They gave it an 8.6

Anyway, the shooting is excellently implemented, using the numchuck and swinging is suprisingly rewarding and never fails to either register or registers by mistake. To much to do at a time is a problem at first, but after a match or two its second nature. Even my mum can play it, and she drives so slow cos her reactions suck so much.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I really can't see myself going back to playing PES though as long as they carry on leaving out Championship sides, it's simply not the same playing as teams I have no support for. It's only because most football "fans" are glory hunters and will only support a team who are in the Premiership.

Thats true, as a Huddersfield Town fan I'm consistently frustrated at the lack of liscences, but have always enjoyed the PES gameplay. I do enjoy 2008, on high settings, 8AA and 16AF it looks very swanky, and I do think it is a slight upgrade rather than a huge step. However, if EA weren't so stingy and ported the next gen version as Konami did, then I would definately vote for FIFA over PES. I do enjoy PES on PC and Wii, but prefer my PC over a console, and because of that I will certainly be buying PES09 if FIFA09 is not a next gen port.

jamesy boy

School Cricketer
none seem to work very well, jus wonderin if any1 had any. i got a few face pack and that, but to change all the team and players names

PhilD123

International Coach
:p The lag may have had a little bit of an influence but good games.

Who'd have thought Ukraine vs South Korea would be so entertaining.:p

Voronin is legend.:D

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Meh
Park Ji-Sung!

Btw the scores were for everyone's benefit:
South Korea 0-1 Ukraine
South Korea 2-2 Ukraine
South Korea 2-2 Ukraine
South Korea 8 (eight) -0 Ukraine

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I've started playing 2008 again and have decided I love it. It's probably a stupid question but if I downloaded a PES 2009 patch, would it even do anything for my 2008 copy?

Bilal91

International Coach
dunno maybe...try it...

oh and just won some more awards to go with my top assist maker award:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread