Help Wanted

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This thread will contain an updated list of any help I require. This started out as a very multi-person project (maybe too many!) and I don't want to lose out on the productivity of those who are still interested, so check back here to see if you have something that you can offer and please reply if you are interested in something that's listed here.

Positions Required:

Commentary Engine Preliminary Work
I need someone to take over the commentary thread (possibly create a newer, streamlined one) and completely design the commentary system (not code it, but design it). Details will follow, but I would like to see an end product of an Excel/XML file with all the commentary (until I provide a database for input) as well as a well thought-out way to make it intuitive. For example, commentary should be organized by match situation (chasing, trying to save a match, etc.) instead of just the result of a ball.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Well I don't know anything about programming but if all it is is organising commentary in an excel file or some sort of template you give me I could probably help out. Let me know a bit more and I'll give it a go.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Can't code for crap but if you want lines done I can do that for ya on a nice and organized excel sheet. Will include chasing lines and all the sort.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I've asked Dean to kick-start the process. I'm sure he'll need tons of help though, and probably end up distributing the Excel sheet he creates, so stay posted for more info. You can keep adding lines to the Commentary thread in this forum, until further updates!

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread hasn't been posted in for 10+ months now so obviously things will have changed. I'm not too great when it comes to coding things but a game designer is my dream job. So any opportunity I get I'll welcome with open arms (Pity I went inactive - I completely missed this thread). Commentary I can kind of help with but It won't be terribly exciting. If there's anything I can do I'm here though Sohum. Just ask me and I'll be here to help.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I downloaded the open beta and loved.
I dont have ANY knowledge in programing, but if any other help (not related to coding) is needed, I am always ready...!!

Off topic: Sorry for bumping an old thread :)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can present myself too,I love to be the part of this great project.
I have some knowledge about C and C++.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ok i can to help

harrisb

International Coach
i'd like to help with the commentary, but you said about chasing the game etc.

does the engine pace the game in that way, and if a line about chasing the game came up at the beginning of the match, that would seem weird

Users who are viewing this thread