He's given that a fearsome TWEAK!

Mezzair

Club Cricketer
I swear if I hear this line again during commentary I might go spare! :D

What are your favourite/hated lines of commentary?

"Gee he's got a good arm!" (I think that's what he says) - the camp way in which this line is delivered makes me piss every time.

Regarding the commentary in general, I think it's actually half decent. If it was expanded and perhaps a well known pundit did the pitch analysis (I'd love Athers to be featured!) then it'd be bloody good.

Last edited:
as Matt mentioned in his review, the "i couldn't have played that any better myself" is the most annoying, as it has no place coming from a guy with no cricket pedigree.

it's like they had a script for Bill Lawry and Tubby Taylor to say, then realised they couldn't afford them and didn't bother to change the script.

i've been playing with no commentary for a few days, because the ambient sounds of the game are just wonderful.

That's a wonderful catch in the deep, it's a runout you tool and i was the one runout.:lol

PS Also That's his second Duck of the game, no it's not i scored 5 in the first inns you fool.

'Thats unfortunate for the batsmen, Matt. Thats the first case of 'third leg before wicket' i've ever seen!'
Some would argue its a blessing in disguise, but i see your point.

Some of their pronunciations of the Zimbabwe players are quite funny.

''Ut-sigher'' when it should be ''Ut-sayer'' :D

I just turned it off. The background noise, stadium announcer and sound of ball on bat is good enough to fill the air.

The bad grammar bugs me the most. "Bushrangers is on fire in the field" and the like.

"That's the end of the powerplay" at the end of 5th over in a odi.

"Batsman is toying with the bowling"

I forgot to mention the most repetitive ones...

"What can you tell us about this player?"

"Even I couldn't have played it any better"

Users who are viewing this thread