He's given that a fearsome TWEAK!

"And it SAILS past the batsman to the keeper"

Heard that like 5 deliveries in a row. Annoying.

----------

And something about batting side needing max concentration or something like that with 1 run to win and 5 wickets and 5 overs remaining!!!

commentary has ridiculous game awareness (but same in prior cricket games as well)

Honestly the sound-design is so incredibly good in this game, just crank up the ambience and on-field stuff to MAX and turn off the commentary, you don't need it. The ground-announcement stuff functions well enough and without commentary you get a nicer "feel" of the real thing, especially in career mode.

The worst for me is:

"Ohhh...that's hit the batsman and he seems to be in a lot of pain" (or something like that) while the batsman is just strolling around the crease as if a paper ball hit him.

That's the whole point of treating it as a collective noun, Matt. Unless it's a group or team of certain people, it can not take singular verb form.

Blockerdave is right about it sounding odd but it is correct from a technical/grammatical standpoint.

Any native english speaker would say are.

Collective nouns can be plural or singular depending on the structure of the sentence.

Most of the time they are used plural

Any native english speaker would say are.

Most of the time they are used plural

The debate is the grammatical correctness of the use of the two. I am sure we both agree that from a purely grammatical standpoint, neither of the two is incorrect.

Thanks for your input anyway, DamianB. Appreciate it. :)

Theres a bunch of annoying ones, But Fifa 14 is just as bad for that. So many stupid anecdotes & I bet they paid Martin Tyler more for commentary than the whole budget for DBC.

Can't remember the exact line, but there's one that occurs after a play and miss. Several times this is followed, a second later, by exactly the same line - but in a more excited voice.

"Batsman charges down the pitch and gets wood on it" gets a chuckle everytime :lol

one that made me laugh was about how this match was "the talk of the town and there's a huge buzz" or whatever... it was a 4 day first class game Ireland v Canada.

For a positive out of the commentary - they commented on there being not much of a crowd in for the match, but that was to be expected because of the 'bizarre start time for this match' and that the match organisers had to take the blame.

Midnight is hardly a bizarre time to play cricket.

"thats a perfect off break delivery and the batsmen was cautious about that"... i have heard this on almost every type of delivery by my spinner :p

this one time i was bowling and as soon as the AI hit the ball i went up for the appeal. Luckily the batsman edged it to the keeper who took a comfortable catch. it was fun hearing "i dont get what they are appealing about <chuckles> the batsmen finds that amusing" while the batsmen was actually walking back to the pavilion :p

Users who are viewing this thread