He's given that a fearsome TWEAK!

I appeal more than Stuart Broad and Monty Panesar combined so have heard every variation of the 'what's he bloody appealing for?' many times. I think it overtly affects how many LBWs I'm not given. The umpires definitely hate me.

It wasn't until very late (before I turned commentary off on the suggestion of some) that I heard any sort of 'WTF are you appealing for' kinda commentary.. so I think that is a good thing for me personally, especially though I questioned half of my appeals as I was doing them.

Also funny to note how I'm usuaully 99% correct that the AI appeal is not going to go in their favor when I'm batting, but anything that is remotely a chance I'll throw the hand up. I'd swear it's the difference in camera angle.. but it so obviously isn't.. haha

----------

Yes.. those two posts technically contradict each other.. but it is true what goes through my head as I play.. 'That was plumb.. HOWZAT... actually.. probably wasn't.. yep.. good call Ump'.

i appeal all the time, essentially any play and miss unless it's obvious that he didn't hit it... never actually had a caught behind off my (career) bowling though (did have two bump balls, and one through a vacant slip - one of only 4 slip edges i've seen, the other 3 being my AI partner when batting 2 of which were dropped!)

however in an effort to not get penalised by the umpire, i've been toning things down... almost cost me dear because yesterday i bowled a beautiful off cutter, then realised at the last minute it went through to the keeper moving like a leg cutter... threw up the appeal and got it, my first caught behind. not sure how long the appeal window is but i must have been close to missing it because my thought process was like "what a ball, you're not good enough to hit those son... hold on, wasn't it an off cutter?... moved like a leg cutter... maybe an edge? oooh an edge, an edge!!!.... HOOOOOOWWWWWIIIIISSSSEEEEE?????"

moral of the story - appeal every ball.

what a ball, you're not good enough to hit those son

I say nothing, my attack is to treat the batsman as if he were just a wall in front of the stumps, the psychological assault works well for spinners... or they are computer generated people and I just sit in my long johns eating chips and pretending they fear me, one of those.

I just got

That's so high it will bring rain

After the ball traveled 1 foot to the keepers gloves for a caught behind.

got fed up with "That's a marvelous off break delivery" or something like that. Even when i bowled an arm ball or a doosra.
Turned the commentary off now and make my own up

Just hope the add more commentary soon in a patch or something.

Everytime I go on to score a Century, its my Debut Ton appearantly, according to the Commentators.

Everytime I go on to score a Century, its my Debut Ton appearantly, according to the Commentators.

Could it be that it's your first time scoring a 100 in that particular format? As it stores stats seperately for the different formats, you can score 100 for the first time up to 5 or so times in the career.

Could it be that it's your first time scoring a 100 in that particular format? As it stores stats seperately for the different formats, you can score 100 for the first time up to 5 or so times in the career.

6 surely? (3 times in domestic, 3 times in internationals)

#pedant

Nope, Scored 3 first class Century and on each event the Commies said it was my Debut ton. Infact I am just coming off a Career match where Daryl Mitchell from my team reached a 100 and the Commentators utter this same pharase.

Commie #1 "a fine Century Scored here"
Commie #2 "This is the best debut ton I have seen in quite some times".

the commentators assessment of the match situation is always abominable (I play as a no.11 so am always batting at the last wicket)

team is out for 450 - "the bowling team have put themselves in a strong position."
team is out for 150 - "the batting team have put themselves in a strong position.

it's actually always so wrong I wonder if someone copied the files into the wrong place and we're getting the opposite reply to the one we're meant to.

AH YES, I LOVE THAT CATCH!

You love that catch? You love THAT catch? It was a ball that went up at a nice catchable height to mid-off or was a simple bloody skier taken by inside the boundary. It was a dolly! Aggers used to call catches dollies back in '99 so why can't you?

And since when were wickets taken in bags? I am not a wicket away from taking a five wicket bag (although if Big Ant are marketing some swag wicket bags I'll take one) because... just because.

"And they've got a prize wicket here. That could be an important moment in this match."

- Any wicket, ever.

In a calm tone... "That's thirty-six off the over".

Bowler aborts his run up... "And no run there"

For a defensive advance shot... "Charges the bowler and gets wood on this!"

And many more...

Users who are viewing this thread