He's given that a fearsome TWEAK!

"Oh where was that going, extremely wide, must have slipped out of the hand". This line bugs me a lot lol... Even though I rarely bowl wides but this line has something about it that makes it annoying, probably because of the way commentator says it, making a big deal of it. "Ohhhh" lol

Oh, that one was heading for the carpark.

Actually mate the carpark is directly behind the stumps so everything that is bowled is heading towards the carpark.

I noticed that there's no acknowledgement for a player scoring 400 in an innings - would have expected something to be said.

Yep - as is a sixteen year old taking a wicket with his first ever delivery in pro cricket...

I had a classic bit of commentary last night,along the lines of "and that's his maiden test century, and he's got it on debut" the batsman in question? Jacques Kallis!! Cracked me up!! Also I had the "nearly shaved a coat off the stumps" one, then the umpire singled a wide!!

I think you got that the wrong way round...

Guys, I'm just kidding. Yorkshire is a fine county full of fine people.

Let's listen to some typical Yorkshire folk discussing important political matters. @BigAnts, perhaps some of this this earthy dialect might inject a bit of extra life into the commentary, as per the OP?

The comment that drives me spare is when the commentators say "they'll be happy with that win, their players really stood up" and the four day match was a DRAW!

Neil W

The comment that drives me spare is when the commentators say "they'll be happy with that win, their players really stood up" and the four day match was a DRAW!

Neil W

I hate that line either way - it's a rubbish choice of wording which isn't helped by the fact that it says the same thing every bloody time - even with a draw, as you said.

I would leave the commentary off but I like to hear the pitch report (which should be available before the game, after all isn't that what team selection is partially based on?) I might start leaving it on for that and then getting rid of it thereafter because it adds nothing to the game whatsoever.

'The Bowler, with a good slower delivery, and that nearly fooled the batsman, but well played in the end...' Tired of hearing thiss...:mad

'Call the Nurse'!
'It's hit the batsman at pace and he's in some pain'

(Both either from the batsman being hit on his pads, or by a ball moving at a pace the average tortoise would be proud of)

The one I like is, "this is a collapse of epic proportions" when I lose 4 of my middle order batsmen for 3 runs. :o
(BTW....I hear this phrase a lot when i'm batting). :(

Users who are viewing this thread