Hex Editing Squads

brad352

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Basically what I want to do is run a fantasy cricket competition similar to what I've done in the past with 2004, but without a squad editor I need another way of changing the squads. What happens is I have for example 8 teams who go through a drafting process and pick their squad- so the first squad might end up something like:

Kallis
Flintoff
Martyn
Ganguly
Inzamam
Streak
Gilchrist
Warne
Murali
Lee
Lara
Tendulkar
Hayden
McGrath
Harmison

I then need to add all these guys to the same squad so they can play as a team, which of course the in game editor doesn't allow because they're different nationalities. Supposedly I can do this with hex editing- can anyone give me a brief tutorial?

Cheers,
Brad

You can add them in one squad by using create player.
I know this is a lengthy process but it is effective.
First from squad management note down the attributes and then create a player having the same attributes and every thing the real player has.

saurabh2185 said:
You can add them in one squad by using create player.
I know this is a lengthy process but it is effective.
First from squad management note down the attributes and then create a player having the same attributes and every thing the real player has.
If it was only a couple of players I could, but I'd have to make 120 players from scratch which would take forever, even ignoring trading between teams later on.

Rosters are stored in the .ros file in much the same way as C2k4. Changing them is easy enough. I'll try and post some offsets when I get home.

Ok. I've got some for you, I reckon you can find the offsets for the rest...
Squads are stored in the order they are displayed in Create/Edit Squads. e.g. Aus = Ponting, Gilchrist, Clarke, Hussey. England = Vaughan, Anderson, Batty, Butcher
The captain is always listed first. These are done by player ID codes (found in bytes 1 and 2 of the player profile) i.e. CB 3D for Ponting, DC 60 for Vaughan.
I've not changed anything but I can't see why it wouldn't work...
Anyhow here are the three offsets I've found: (decimal)
Australia: 20
England: 19684
India: 36532

Edit: just checked and it does work :)

Just finished compiling a list of offsets, it's attached if anyone's interested

Attachments

• offsets.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 21
brad,could you help me pls.Im currently on a story thread with England,but I want some new players in the team,replacing some odl players.

Tremlett instead of-Gough
Hildreth instead of -Hussain

Could you either make these changes and post in the .ros file or tell me how I can make such changes.btw i dont know much abt hex editing.Thanks in advance.

First look into the England squad and find what number they are in the squad- then open the roster file with a hex editor, go to the England offset (19684) and replace whatever number they are in the squad- ie. if Gough was the second player you'd replace the code with the box around it in the picture with Tremlett's ID code (you can find that by opening the county squad he's a part of)

Attachments

• hex.JPG
    hex.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 59
sorry i coudnt understand some parts.

"First look into Englands squad and find what number they are",How do I do this?

What is England Offset(19684)I mean how do I look at the hex files?

Finally how in detail can i get the id codes of each player?

Thanks for helping,much appreciated.

"First look into Englands squad and find what number they are",How do I do this?
Just look at the squad list in the game and check

Hopefully this screenshot will help (taken in Hex Workshop)

Attachments

• hex2.JPG
    hex2.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread