Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Actually, I like South Indian movies (not sure Telugu or Tamil or Malyam or they are) which are dubbed in Hindi but the only South Indian movie which was remade in Hindi I liked was Sarfarosh. Actually, the dialogues seem better than the original. Also, Naseerudin Shah's acting was much better than that of Jackie Shroff in Astra (Thats what was the name of the movie dubbed in Hindi).

To tell you honestly, Bollywood film makers don't pick the right South films to remake. Wonder whats this new obsession with picking trash South masala films and remaking it in Hindi? There are some really good South films that you can pick and remake in Bollywood. Ghajini was a good pick (it was an action packed film, but a film with an interesting story and entertainment). Actually John and Vipul Shah have picked a very good Tamil movie (Kaakha Kaakha) and are remaking it as 'Force', but the problem is that John and Genelia look awful to the audience who have watched the original version and adore it so much (they are misfits to the characters they play). But I am guessing that the audiences who haven't watched the original might like it.

Force is a film you guys should really wait to watch. Also there is another movie coming up (with Prateik Babbar and Amy Jackson with AR Rahman's music). Its also a remake of a recent superhit Tamil film and a very good film too.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bodyguard looks like another one of Salman Khans ████ contributions. Wanted and Dabang were horrendous. This one looks more like love story, so it may get some decent reviews.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No decent reviews, just the holiday of Eid worked for him. Times Of India critics (can't go wrong with them) labelled the movie as without any substance.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In India, that's possible.
But it happens too rarely, probably with just 1 film in every 5-7 years. I remember Kabul Express being telecasted on a local cable operator's channel 1 week before the release. The incident created a lot of fuss.

The Rock

County Cricketer
Bodyguard is just like Dabangg, Ready and Wanted. Only a bit of love and romance angles makes it different. God, those action scenes were awful!

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Bodyguard is just like Dabangg, Ready and Wanted. Only a bit of love and romance angles makes it different. God, those action scenes were awful!

Yes, I agree with you. Would be thinking twice now before going for a Salman Khan movie.

----------

I'm waiting for Ra.One now.

Yes, Arjun Rampal is playing the villain, Ra-One in it. They have kept his look secret for some reason. May be it would be like the futuristic version of Raavan. Even their names resemble too. :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mausam is fearsome tweak all!! Man 210 minutes movie and it seems movie does not end only!! Again Sonam as usual disappoints and Shahid did not expect this from you!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Watched "Delhi Belly" (the English cum Hindi version). There were so many incredibly funny (though vulgar and cheap) scenes to which I ROTFL'D, but after the movie, had a huge headache. A movie that tries to thrill through pure vulgarity and obscene and offensive language. I mean seriously, do you think you can drink orange juice after watching this movie? DISGUSTING!@!!!!!:mad

2/5 (2 for the ROTFL moments)

Rohit Doshi

International Coach

Man Vidya is the worst actress chosen for this role. Would have loved to see Priyanka or Kareena do this kind of role :p

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rock

County Cricketer

Man Vidya is the worst actress chosen for this role. Would have loved to see Priyanka or Kareena do this kind of role :p

That character is based on Silk Smitha (some old fat ****-ish actress who's dead) and size zero gals would never fit into that role. Vidya was purposely told to gain weight for that movie to make the thing look realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread