Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Does anyone here plan on watching "rockstar"? Was just checking out the reviews and they are actually quite good. A must watch movie, if we go by the reviews.

I loved the film. But be warned, its not a movie for everyone. Very unconventional screenplay, but Ranbir Kapoor has given a stunning performance and AR Rahman's music is purely magical in the film, so these two factors are enough for atleast a one time watch. So go for it!

----------

I liked the movie, and yeah, its worth watching:yes!
My personal rating is 3.5/5.
The story is awesome, but direction is not good:noway!
PS: If you even miss first ten minutes, its difficult for you to follow the movie!

I actually thought the direction was daring and different. The narration part kept me glued to the film, while the WOW scenes and terrific moments enhanced my liking for the film. For me, my personal favorite of Imtiaz's work is ROCKSTAR, in my opinion!!

RPHKR

National Board President
How did Ra.One make so much money? They started selling free tickets. And collected Rs. 1000 at early exit!

LOL! I didn't like the Ra.One. The movie was boring, but I think it's good for SRK fans.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bollywood Film NEED to get rid of song in there films, seriously.
i dont know why people was hating on ra one, the Special effect was breath taking, they had to add those corny jokes for the indian public, because, if you do research on recently bollywood film post 2004, nearly 80 % of successfully film are films without a storyline and alot of over dose of comedy.
Ra one could of been a more serious Film and then it would of been an epic film, but it failed to do it, But they way indian treat this film as one of the worst film of Bollywood, then seriously it's not, nearly 70 % of film release each year in Bollywood are more worst than Ra one.

Plus what got me about indian public, when they hate a star they say all that star fi,m is copy of an outside, when if you actrully look at it 95- 98 % of ALL indian film are copy of outside, so i don't know why they complain about it. everyone director copies film.
Super hero Film of Bollywood if you check it, people may hate Ra One because they say it copy Hollywood film, but Ra one Special is effect was outstanding compare to say a Robot, which indian people Love soo much, but After seeing those Spcieal effects on Youtube, turn me off, really stupid Special effect like a man changing into a ball and snake,etc but if people didn't know Hollywood Special effect team did Ra one which make it look awesome.

also another film which indian Praise was Krrish, seriously Krrish wasn't all that great, and again it wasn't ORIGINAL it was still a copy of a Hollywood. AKA Superman. A man came from a village to the city and had to hide his identity. same backdrop. again nothing new. and the Special effects wasnt breath taking and dont start about the beginning of the film very poor performance and overacting.

anyway, indian cinema needs to step up it's Film making they are say like 2 decade behind of Hollywood. some film makers are trying to bring something new to bollywood, but yet indian public still want film with they star running around trees and singing in the field, etc.
Bollywood need more films like say Lagaan, Ra One ( without those corny Comedy) ,Ghajhi, Wanted, Dhoom 1 (not dhoom2), Mission Kashmir, Acid Factory (dont mind it's a remake), Chak de India, Swades, Badel, Bichoo, Ek the one and many more other good films and seriously get rid of song in the film seriously.
and stop making fillms like Golmaal, Danbaag (yeah people love it, but it want all that great)
three film which had comedies but were amounst the best which i saw was 3 Idoits and that film with Salman khan with the family cant remember its name and yamla pagla deewana three of these were good comedies amoust all of the comedies i saw.

Bollywood just spoil Good ideas, which can carry there industry forward to be an international market. they spoil it by adding in Stupid random scene and unnecessary song and dance.

here are some example of what i mean.
Asoka - good move, but spoiled it with the love story, would of been better if they were more of his battle than stupid love story,

Dhoom 2- perfect beginning had to spoil it with love story.

Krish - goo intention of a super hero, but hardly show any great special effect, and worst the beginning.

well anyway it's Bollywood, they cant do without masala films.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Don 2 - Good, not great! SRK hams as usual, but some of it looks good and some of it looks bad. But Farhan Akthar with his direction and his dad Javed Akthar's dialogues are what stands out.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Saw Don 2, it was awesome! Easily the best movie this year after Singham.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Don 2 was good. Not that best as some people suggest but yes, Shah Rukh as usual the self centered character of his film does well. Atleast not like Gayish shahrukh :p

Priyanka has very little role in the film but looks to sexy and hot :D

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yup, that is the next big movie. Agneepath cause Players is the only one which looks even 1% decent.

Actually I am awaiting Angry Birds the movie and The Darkest hour but that wont fit in this thread category

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I think India are failing to understand it's quality not quantity.

Couldn't have put it better if I tried. The industry is so screwed up making tonnes of films. Feel sorry for SRK after the massive flop of Ra-one. That was the most expensive movie every made and the promotion that went in to it was unbelieveable

Users who are viewing this thread