abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After Highway, I know Alia will serve up a good performance in 2 States. She was brilliant in Highway. Totally took me by surprise.

The only problem with 2 States seems to be the male lead. Arjun Kapoor has this drugged-up look about him which makes him look like he is always high on cough syrup. I don't think he is capable of carrying a movie by himself. Alia will most likely overshadow him, just like Parineeti did in Ishaqzaade

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
After Highway, I know Alia will serve up a good performance in 2 States. She was brilliant in Highway. Totally took me by surprise.

The only problem with 2 States seems to be the male lead. Arjun Kapoor has this drugged-up look about him which makes him look like he is always high on cough syrup. I don't think he is capable of carrying a movie by himself. Alia will most likely overshadow him, just like Parineeti did in Ishaqzaade

Arjun Kapoor has two super promising films in his kitty - 2 States (Chetan Bhagat's novel) and Tevar (remake of Telugu movie Okkadu which was a critically acclaimed blockbuster). Both films have blockbuster potential, which will catapult him into the big league soon.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
You can never be too sure. To be in the 'big league' you need some amount of command over Box Office returns.

- Chetan Bhagat's book adaptations are no guarantee of a hit - Hello bombed. Kai Po Che was an average earner

- Also, it looks like this South remake trend has been taking a hit (Thank God !!). Look at Jai Ho, Boss, Rajkumar. Also similar themed 'masala action entertainers' like Khiladi 786, Besharam, Singh Saab failed big time. There is only so much sh!t the audience can take.

And in the end, as a performer (Cant call Arjun an actor yet): you need to be able to connect with the audience. He seems to lack that charisma/charm. Maybe it will change overtime

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
You can never be too sure. To be in the 'big league' you need some amount of command over Box Office returns.

- Chetan Bhagat's book adaptations are no guarantee of a hit - Hello bombed. Kai Po Che was an average earner

- Also, it looks like this South remake trend has been taking a hit (Thank God !!). Look at Jai Ho, Boss, Rajkumar. Also similar themed 'masala action entertainers' like Khiladi 786, Besharam, Singh Saab failed big time. There is only so much sh!t the audience can take.

And in the end, as a performer (Cant call Arjun an actor yet): you need to be able to connect with the audience. He seems to lack that charisma/charm. Maybe it will change overtime

Well maybe I should have said that I am sure that the content of these two films is going to be good and definitely hit material. I have seen the original version of 'Tevar' (and also am a huge fan of the Tamil remake of the original Telugu version, which was a mega blockbuster in Tamil and was hugely acclaimed which is not often happening for a commercial film). Its the kind of script that if executed well, would be a universal hit like 3 Idiots. The Tamil version of that film was where the nationally popular Tamil song "Appadi Podu" happened.

And 2 States - from what I've heard of the story, it sounds hit material. And the trailer (even though the Tamilian references were annoying) re-inforces its hit material status.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watched "Gori tere Pyar Mein" recently.

Just another average bollywood film, but mediocre acting and a poor climax. But the songs were pretty good.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
And the people who find Arjun Kapoor good looking are also high on that same cough syrup.

shubham466

County Cricketer
^ Another shameful act by bollywood movie makers. They copied almost all hit scenes from Great Gatsby. :facepalm

gatsby_copy.jpg

gatsby_xpsoe.jpg

gatsby_xpsoe_5.jpg

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I haven't seen the promo yet (At work)

but Himesh, Honey Singh ?? Is this for reals ? And Irrfan on the other hand. Why would he pick such a project

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I agree about that part. It is hard to believe that Irfan Khan would work with these morons.

Edit: It would have been perfect if Mika was there instead of Irfan Khan.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
'2 States' - Very good film! Heart warming, emotional, with some light doses of humor. The acting was top rate. This is my first Arjun Kapoor movie (I have seen him on TV shows before only). I must say that he is a very talented actor, and pretty good looking too. I think someone said here in this forum before that those who look like Arjun Kapoor must be on some cough syrup.... SERIOUSLY? This guy is really good, whats wrong with him? He can really emote well, he looks this good, what else you want? His dancing is not that great, but when did SRK-Salman-Aamir dance great?

Alia was excellent too. She has grown leaps and bounds as an actor. People talk about Deepika's transformation. I would say, Alia's transformation is far greater. After SOTY, I never thought this girl can act to save her life. But she can act the pants out of people. Amrita Singh got the most laughs in the theatre and was great. Revathy (Tamil actress, Alia's mom in this film) was very good too. The music was pleasing (Mast Magan has caught on with me and keep humming it).

Negatives: I expected the film to have more humor. The first half was not that fab (second half more than redeemed with his drama/content).

4/5

Users who are viewing this thread