Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Watched the Dangal trailer completely... BLOWN AWAY!!! Sheer genius work from Aamir Khan and the entire team! The film looks deep rooted in realism, dripping of it in its entirety. Each expression of Aamir Khan is stunning to say the least! His accent brings back nostalgic memories of Lagaan (probably Aamir will someday be known for that accent). Really good decision for Aamir to opt for Sakshi Tanwar as his wife in the film. For a superstar to do such a thing is really brave (no offence to Sakshi, but she is a TV actress not exactly young - at a time when superstars go for young actresses). The music sounds really good too, Pritam is in superlative form right now post ADHM.

Dangal is going to be massive. I think Sultan records can be broken even though Dangal looks less massy than Sultan. Because Dangal has Aamir KHan.

On another note - I was not entirely impressed with the trailer of 'Dear Zindagi'. Something seems missing in that trailer. SRK looks tired and jaded in that getup. Alia is cute, but the energy is missing. Another sunshine movie from Gauri Shinde, but I doubt this one is going to recreate that magic.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@SaiSrini I think Pritam has been fantastic since Bajrangi Bhaijan, that movie had fantastic music too. After that Dishoom, Azhar, Dilwale, Phantom & then ADHM. All of his last movies had awesome music. The only thing that keeps him behind is the international reference or copy of music. Even Bulleya is a copy of this song

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watched the Dangal trailer completely... BLOWN AWAY!!! Sheer genius work from Aamir Khan and the entire team! The film looks deep rooted in realism, dripping of it in its entirety. Each expression of Aamir Khan is stunning to say the least! His accent brings back nostalgic memories of Lagaan (probably Aamir will someday be known for that accent). Really good decision for Aamir to opt for Sakshi Tanwar as his wife in the film. For a superstar to do such a thing is really brave (no offence to Sakshi, but she is a TV actress not exactly young - at a time when superstars go for young actresses). The music sounds really good too, Pritam is in superlative form right now post ADHM.

Dangal is going to be massive. I think Sultan records can be broken even though Dangal looks less massy than Sultan. Because Dangal has Aamir KHan.

On another note - I was not entirely impressed with the trailer of 'Dear Zindagi'. Something seems missing in that trailer. SRK looks tired and jaded in that getup. Alia is cute, but the energy is missing. Another sunshine movie from Gauri Shinde, but I doubt this one is going to recreate that magic.
Dear Zindagi is just a teaser. So, can't predict much from that.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
@SaiSrini I think Pritam has been fantastic since Bajrangi Bhaijan, that movie had fantastic music too. After that Dishoom, Azhar, Dilwale, Phantom & then ADHM. All of his last movies had awesome music. The only thing that keeps him behind is the international reference or copy of music. Even Bulleya is a copy of this song

That doesn't sound like a copy at all. It sounds like Pritam has used the same guitar loop that was used in this song. Probably a commercially available free loop (lot of composers use these commercial loops, including the likes of AR Rahman). They are perfectly legal to use in your own work, and do not constitute "copying".

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers

This seems to be a ..................... you know :D
Heart-touching music :)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Watched ADHM - loved the first half. Second half was a bit of a let down - basically when Aish enters. Anushka stole the show imo

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil! I really liked the film. Yes it was more mature than what was expected for a Karan Johar film (it looked like he was trying to venture into Imtiaz Ali territory) and the major script twist insertion was forced and silly. But overall, the film kept me hooked and entertained and also the acting was mostly exceptional. Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma deserve awards for this for their superlative work. Both of them were equally stunning, especially Anushka who I am starting to think is getting underrated. Aishwarya in her extended cameo role was a waste of space and probably there to give the film its much needed hype. Fawad had a very tiny role (probably went through some big chopping). The songs by Pritam are stunning and give the film that big attraction. The cinematography and locations were exceptional to say the least.

3.8/5

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
"Dangal" - Easily one of the best films to come out of Bollywood. A film thats going to be talked about for a long time to come. A film on women empowerment, breaking down the ceiling on patriarchy and stereotyped mindsets, the film hits all the hard notes. Aamir Khan is known for selecting such subjects and give his entire soul to it, but here he makes you feel that he has surpassed it. His transformation from fit to fat is spectacular and his emotions and acting are next to none. The girls (both younger and older versions) are the life of the film. Fatima Sana Sheikh (as the older Geeta) is the best, and so is Sanya Malhotra (as the older Babita). The music is uplifting and a great score from Pritam. The best scene was the daughter-father fight in the second half. On the negatives, the climax gimmick of locking up the protagonist was cliched and felt silly.

4.5/5

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
It seems that the India song writers are not getting any idea to create new songs

This month 3 old songs were recreated

1. Haseeno Ka Deewana
  2. The Humma song
  3. Laila

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
It's just so abnormal of Mahira Khan !

Acting in an Indian film & then talking ill of India only :mad

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Acting in an Indian film & then talking ill of India only :mad
Did you even see the video? She just said Pakistan Film Industry should not be inspired by Indian Film Industry as a Countries film industry should be portrayal of it's culture.

Users who are viewing this thread