Hitting behind the wicket

nails

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi all, ive been playing career mode quite successfully and enjoying it but nearly all of my shots are square of the wicket or in front. when i see my wheel of shots when scoring a hundred for example there are ZERO shots played behind the wicket.ive had a quick look but cant see any batting behind tipsd, so quite simply could u please tell me how to nick or glance a few behind when say the slips have gone later in the innings etc. many many thanks

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Length balls with enough width are the easy ones to dab behind to third man. Or the balls going down leg are also easy to hit to fine leg.

Apart from those two, I generally hook the ball behind square and there are always sweep and reverse-sweep shots.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The glances and dabs are simply using your right analog stick to aim in that direction.. Same as hitting a cover drive, except you move the stick to third man/fine leg.. Can't really give any more of a guide other than that, although timing (early/late) may affect the ball going that way too (I notice this with glances/flicks. Early goes more square leg or even midwicket, whereas late goes waaay fine.)

In regards to sweeping, the timing is easy enough to learn, however which balls to play it against is the hard part. Personally, I sweep from leg/middle stump, and almost always aim square leg or just behind. I've tried sweeping (particularly slog sweeps) from on off stump, or just outside, but i can't get the hang of that.

Reverse sweeps work exactly the same way (except swap the line of the ball.) and I find I tend to hit them well behind point, rather than square (like the normal sweep.)

Dunno if that helps at all, but it's as much of a guide as I could come up with.

nails

Club Cricketer
brilliant i will try those now as im home for a few weeks after an operation and want to learn them.....is rb sweep and rb and Lt slog sweep?....ill look on controls.....many thx for ur help, i love the game but like any game sometimes get stuck and need help or a fresh perspective....nice one , cheers........anything else similar im all ears....bye

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
LB is sweep (Technically its Unorthodox shot, so if you try and sweep super fine, you may end up playing a weird scoop shot instead..) and LB plus LT is slog sweep. RB is precision shot these days I believe? I don't use it myself so can't help much with that one.

nails

Club Cricketer
yep all fantastic advice , i shall go practice.....many many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread