Way too many edges - post patch

Really? You need me to explain that?

Ok, well when the ball is full it hasn't got as far to travel after bouncing, so it's much harder to produce the 2.5 inches of movement you need to take an edge from a shot played on the original line. That's just how batting works. You have to play a much worse shot to edge a half volley than to edge good length.

Another factor is that being able to spot genuine drive balls is possibly the single most important skill in irl batting, so the game has to reward you for getting that right. If there isn't enough of a difference between the edginess of good length vs full then the ability to pick out the drive balls becomes irrelevant.

As it is, you can manage the risk of good length driving with good footwork / timing OR you can manage the risk by using your ability to spot the drive balls. For me, that seems like a pretty fair and sensible handling of a complex set of issues.

Because early timing doesn't actually tend to generate edges irl. You're more likely to generate other sorts of bad contact with early timing.

To be totally accurate, edges don't really happen irl from timing mistakes but rather from playing the wrong line. There's no precise control of the bat in this control system though so moderate timing mistakes are more like a rough representation of "wrong line, ok timing" in these cases, imo.
Fair enough. Does make sense. As said before, haven't played enough in the new patch. Hopefully will get better at it once I spend more time.

Almost 80% done into the game.Will be back after next weekend. Btw FIFA world cup update isn't bad either. The amount of detailing in FIFA is amazing. Commentary, stats and crowd is superb. Haven't played much football games before this.
Pes is on another level..
But no world cup patch yet.

PES has lost the UEFA license as well btw.
Hows batting for you now? Offside shots are beautiful isn't it?
Yes, once the batsman is comfortable everything is beautiful.. lol.
Game is very good now..
Are you able to play Blackfoot leg side flicks.

Now i am able to play front foot pull shots quite comfortably after the recent update on steam as like Virat kohli.Thank you MattW and Ross for supporting the game. Now it's looking more realistic .

I am absolutely in love with batting post patch. Its the best batting i have witnessed in any cricket game. Just marvellous. Please big ant do not change anything. Its perfect. Difficult yes but not broken. People need to invest more time.

I am absolutely in love with batting post patch. Its the best batting i have witnessed in any cricket game. Just marvellous. Please big ant do not change anything. Its perfect. Difficult yes but not broken. People need to invest more time.

One can always level down the difficulty if its too hard for you.

Is foot placement just about pushing thumbstick up to 12 o'clock for a front foot shot and back to 6 o'clock for back foot shot? I've tried up and down diagonal movements with the left stick.....with no obvious improvement to batting.
I am pretty sure it works like a clock face so you have to be quite precise in your movement of the left stick

Is foot placement just about pushing thumbstick up to 12 o'clock for a front foot shot and back to 6 o'clock for back foot shot? I've tried up and down diagonal movements with the left stick.....with no obvious improvement to batting.
Its just basically moving the batsman foot towards the ball to play the right shot and get maximum out of it..Applies both to front and back foot.. The stump gaurd you take also plays an important role for the shots you like to play..

Its just basically moving the batsman foot towards the ball to play the right shot and get maximum out of it..Applies both to front and back foot.. The stump gaurd you take also plays an important role for the shots you like to play..

One shot that I can't play well is the backfoot square cut to a short length ball pitching about (relatively scalewise) 12-18 inches outside off stump. Left stick to 6 o'clock right stick to 3 o'clock (right handed)......no good!!! Should left stick be going to 7........or maybe 5 o'clock?

One shot that I can't play well is the backfoot square cut to a short length ball pitching about (relatively scalewise) 12-18 inches outside off stump. Left stick to 6 o'clock right stick to 3 o'clock (right handed)......no good!!! Should left stick be going to 7........or maybe 5 o'clock?
7'o clock if the ball is head high, 5'o clock if the ball is chest or below.. First shot would be moving away and cutting, second one would be moving towards and punching square..

Users who are viewing this thread