Is edging to keeper on pro scripted?

it's not, when I can be bothered I'm going to have a proper look at this. I've been playing on career mode as a wrist spinner and have certainly had games where I've been getting edges to the slip and keeper quite often.

it depends on the pitch, which is a good thing, where there's turn you can make them nick it more often (also had a few where they tried to sweep and the ball wa too far leg and they nicked it behind off the top edge). if it's flat you have to beat them i the flight a bit more so they will tend to chip themselves out or play and miss across their legs bringing in bowled and LBW.

I noticed this happened more as the season went on, my spinner is doing really well, and I know career mode sees the difiiculty increase, so I wonder if this started happening more because on higher difficulties the AI is picking better shots so is more likely to get out edging because it tried to drive balls in the V that are turning, where as on Pro it tends to try more ill thought out hoiks more often.

the AI does tend to play to the field a bit too, so I'm wondering if perhaps my career fast bowler (who I abandoned because he was pre-patch) wasn't getiting nicks because I wasn't encouraging the AI to drive by placing too many catchers and run savers around the offside.

so yeah, when I get a while I'm going to have a go at a few matches on various difficulties where I actively set fields that encourage driving and see what happens.

I've found that with pace bowlers that encouraging the drive doesn't exactly help the situation. They are quite happy to completely miss the ball, but they tend to either absolutely middle it, or completely miss it. I've had a couple of brilliant overs where getting sit of how they batting I just stuck it on the line of off just to mess with them. 6 balls quite close together (as the "BIG LINES" projections showed after), following pretty much the same line with the result: 4, W (Bowled), 4, W (Bowled), W (Bowled), 0. Funny over, but frustrating none the less. Each time they were bowled they had missed it by miles, and the game gave me a great replay of the bails coming off in slow motion while the bat was well above their heads. I offered them the drive though, and they decided to give it their all, including their number 3, 4 and 5.

I tend to find that edges happen more for the fast bowlers when I do things wrong, get it a bit full and a bit too close to leg stump. I've had a couple of classic edges, but only a couple, and this seems to be limited by the AI either missed all together (absolute miles in it) or middling it to the boundary.

Spinners tend to get a lot more luck with edges though. I've got some great edges in the right conditions with them.

whilst typing in yet another review on Amazon...

BchFTiC.png

Users who are viewing this thread