Way too many edges - post patch

Thanks for your help Dutch, I really appreciate it! Wow there is so much to think about!

I hardly ever play backfoot shots except when the ball is short (red) I wonder on a hard pitch when the ball bounces higher you should play on backfoot more, even for good length or just short is a length balls? I only play front foot for these.

Thanks for your help Dutch, I really appreciate it! Wow there is so much to think about!

I hardly ever play backfoot shots except when the ball is short (red) I wonder on a hard pitch when the ball bounces higher you should play on backfoot more, even for good length or just short is a length balls? I only play front foot for these.
Unfortunately with back-foot you have to be careful with the length...In real life you can play on the back-foot to any ball...you just lower your bat if needs be.....in the game the back-foot to fuller balls doesn't always work out.....muck about in the nets and have a go!

I clearly need to get back in the nets! Out of interest. I play on what I think is broadcast view. Ie like the old school cricket games where the camera is positioned high begind the bowler and you are seeing the batsman you’re playing from the front. In the nets I can’t seem to find this view. Am I missing something? Thanks!

I clearly need to get back in the nets! Out of interest. I play on what I think is broadcast view. Ie like the old school cricket games where the camera is positioned high begind the bowler and you are seeing the batsman you’re playing from the front. In the nets I can’t seem to find this view. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Dont think that is there in the nets: i either play pro cam of behind the batsman......much easier to see the line and length imo

New patch may have solved the training cams

Patch note - Enabled more cameras in nets/ground training.

Seriously guys? Can we ever be happy? Please stop complaining and lock this thread already. Can’t believe this. Just be cautious when you bat and don’t touch every ball going outside offstump. You asked for realistic gameplay, you got it!!!

We have got bigger issues to work on. Let them work on other stuff first. Thanks

Just played test on hard, modifiers 60 for timing, foot placement etc I was leaving everything outside off stump, playing defensively, waited til batsmen had green confidence etc didn’t make the slightest difference. All 10 wickets were from edges. I was getting edges almost every other ball even if timing, foot placement was good. Balls were edging off the bat in all different directions. It is highly unrealistic. The developer I think has gone a bit too far and I hope will tone down edges. There must be a happy medium because game is unplayable

Edges galore when batting .not a single one when ai batting

Not impressed.:mad

Agreed. When the AI was batting they got a hand ful of edges and scored over 300 runs. When I bat I get at least 1-2 edges per over and all out for 76, and I’m not a bad player! Pre patch I was getting 300 average, now I can bairly get 100 and almost every wicket is a catch from an edge. I just think the Dev has overcompensated following complaints about lack of edges pre April patch. There is a happy medium!

Agreed. When the AI was batting they got a hand ful of edges and scored over 300 runs. When I bat I get at least 1-2 edges per over and all out for 76, and I’m not a bad player! Pre patch I was getting 300 average, now I can bairly get 100 and almost every wicket is a catch from an edge. I just think the Dev has overcompensated following complaints about lack of edges pre April patch. There is a happy medium!
Earlier i had also suffered like you without practice and directly going to play a match and got the scores of 60 odd in ODIs. After that i realized and went to practice then learned how to respect the deliveries and learned to leave the outside off stump deliveries then i have been comfortable to score 200 odd and now i am getting 300 odd in ODIs. My suggestion is to go and practice first in nets or ground then only you opt for match that to in easy or medium difficulty until you are good with the new timing. And one more thing you need patience to stay at the crease until getting green confidence otherwise you will give edge like now. More than 90% players in or outside this forum are happy with the way the game is being progressed and the way game is getting closer to Realistic rather than Arcade cricket . Only very few are complaining about the new update. Yes everyone has a right to talk here and nothing wrong in that. But majority people opinion is probably important.
In real life also if you go to bat on green top and new ball then you will edge, to avoid that you need bit patience at the crease until get confidence then you can score good. Even though need to hit sixes every ball and doesn't want to edge then choose any Arcade game like Stick cricket would be better option to play.
I own all cricket games in my library and i played more than 300 hours of Ashes cricket on pc and from my experience i can say that this is now perfectly balanced game play even though few issues still there. I can request you please practice first and play at easy or medium difficulty then stay at crease until you get green confidence .Then you can avoid giving edges. Edges are part and parcel of cricket game and beautiful.

Earlier i had also suffered like you without practice and directly going to play a match and got the scores of 60 odd in ODIs. After that i realized and went to practice then learned how to respect the deliveries and learned to leave the outside off stump deliveries then i have been comfortable to score 200 odd and now i am getting 300 odd in ODIs. My suggestion is to go and practice first in nets or ground then only you opt for match that to in easy or medium difficulty until you are good with the new timing. And one more thing you need patience to stay at the crease until getting green confidence otherwise you will give edge like now. More than 90% players in or outside this forum are happy with the way the game is being progressed and the way game is getting closer to Realistic rather than Arcade cricket . Only very few are complaining about the new update. Yes everyone has a right to talk here and nothing wrong in that. But majority people opinion is probably important.
In real life also if you go to bat on green top and new ball then you will edge, to avoid that you need bit patience at the crease until get confidence then you can score good. Even though need to hit sixes every ball and doesn't want to edge then choose any Arcade game like Stick cricket would be better option to play.
I own all cricket games in my library and i played more than 300 hours of Ashes cricket on pc and from my experience i can say that this is now perfectly balanced game play even though few issues still there. I can request you please practice first and play at easy or medium difficulty then stay at crease until you get green confidence .Then you can avoid giving edges. Edges are part and parcel of cricket game and beautiful.

I never hit sixes, I always wait until confidence is green, I have practiced until the cows come home but I’m finding edges just come randomly and FAR too often irrespective of how well I play the ball. I don’t want arcade cricket, I love edges too they are part of the game we all love, I just think they at OTT at the moment[DOUBLEPOST=1528611920][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps I play tests not ODIs

I never hit sixes, I always wait until confidence is green, I have practiced until the cows come home but I’m finding edges just come randomly and FAR too often irrespective of how well I play the ball. I don’t want arcade cricket, I love edges too they are part of the game we all love, I just think they at OTT at the moment[DOUBLEPOST=1528611920][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps I play tests not ODIs
I had this on hard and am
Now playing medium and it really works. The edges are genuine and I am able to score: am currently 130 for 4 off 50 odd overs

I am hardly edging it on hard, may be 1 or 2 edges against pacer and even them not carrying to fielders, actually I am finding it frustrating because I get 3 greens all the time and hence extremely few edges and I am constantly tweaking sliders to get the right amount which are not too high as well, just 2 words for people edging it massively git gud will you?

Users who are viewing this thread