Holmie's Hi-Res Downloads --Aus 06 Kit Released--

ive got exactly the same problem as roborocks :(

RoboRocks said:
I get a message saying this achirve is in unkown format or damaged

It seems to be a problem with the file I uploaded this morning.Something is either wrong with my ftp or the planetcricket server as it seems to be completing uploading only after a part of the file is uploaded.I'll try sorting the problem asap.Meanwhile try downloading the attachment in the first post.Apologies for the inconvinience.

EDIT:Problem Sorted now.The file can be downloaded from the download link that I posted earlier.

Last edited:
Burma's Finest said:
I've been using your overlay all day and it looks absolutely superb but my game crashes a lot now which is rather disappointing. Has anyone else had this problem? It happens in particular when I press "Esc" to go to the pause menu and it just freezes and I have to shut the whole application down. :(
It crashes a lot for me as well, mainly as I go on to the statistics screen but also at the 5 over mark sometimes. It's still a brilliant overlay and if there was any way to stop it crashing it would be even better.

hmm i think the crashing might be due to the Hi-Res. :( how about i make a new version which is in normal resolution. btw is there anyone not having the crashing problem?

kodos said:
Excellent work mate :D Don't think there are too many more tv overlays to be done as most have been completed already. I guess you could try the channel 5 (UK) tv overlay if you'd like despite them not showing full broadcast of games.

ahh man! i already started on the channel 4 overlay.

please make a normal version please i beg you lol it looks cool so yh try it man!!!

holmie said:
hmm i think the crashing might be due to the Hi-Res. :( how about i make a new version which is in normal resolution. btw is there anyone not having the crashing problem?

ahh man! i already started on the channel 4 overlay.

I haven't tried it yet mate, but i notice some other tv overlays also crash occassionaly and they don't have high resolution. You can still complete the channel 4 tv overlay :D I anticipate it to be as excellent as your Sky Sports version.

well this one doesnt even extract from the zip even by using WinRar so please do make a normal version!!!

I downloaded from PC and it unzipped OK. Started a game and everything went well until I pressed Escape (mid bowler run up) and the game locked up.

Reading other peoples comments it seems like the crashing is wide spread, does anyone know if because this is a hi-res overlay whether or not a particular resolution or settings has to be used? i.e. 1024x768, or no AA etc?
I use 1280x1024 with 4X AntiAliasing.

Hopefully that can be fixed because this is by far the best looking TV overlay I have seen.

Burma's Finest said:
I've been using your overlay all day and it looks absolutely superb but my game crashes a lot now which is rather disappointing. Has anyone else had this problem? It happens in particular when I press "Esc" to go to the pause menu and it just freezes and I have to shut the whole application down. :(
yes ive had that exact problem, very frequent crashing, its not the computer either because its just that program that crashes, i can hear my music playing in the background perfectly and its a top end computer

I've done some double- and triple-checking and I'm afraid it's definitely the overlay that's causing the crashing. Perhaps Aussie1st can shed some light on the crashing problem given his expertise on TV-overlay making?

please continue the channel 4 overlay and then do channel 5 it would be very much appreiciated :)
great work

Burma's Finest said:
I've done some double- and triple-checking and I'm afraid it's definitely the overlay that's causing the crashing. Perhaps Aussie1st can shed some light on the crashing problem given his expertise on TV-overlay making?

Yes crashing for me also, i think you have to decrease the resolution. :(

Users who are viewing this thread