Holmie's Hi-Res Downloads --Aus 06 Kit Released--

but i cant use bitmap because it does not support transparensy.

Yes it does. That's what the alpha channel is for. ;)

That's the main difference between a 24bit and 32bit bmp - the addition of an alpha channel.

see, bf's right

always rely on bmp files in crikcet 2005 coz that was what the game came with. The games decoder is basically for bmp files and the games balance may be disrupted by using psd files as they are larger in size and also have different layers, which may be causing the problem. Try importing the files in the way BF said and in bmp, i think it would solve the problem.

sure but i havnt worked alpha channels before. someone needs to teach me how to make it transparent.

Ok, so here's a very quick introduction to Alpha Channels in bitmaps....

For this example I've just used that Channel 4 image you posted on the last page. I can't stress enough that what follows is a VERY ROUGH example of what to do. With the original images and more time and effort, the results will be 1st class.

So here's what I did.

1) I opened the Channel 4 image in Photoshop:

01kt7.jpg

2) I created a new channel (which is an Alpha Channel by default)

02gg0.jpg

3) In the Alpha Channel, Black is used for areas which are to remain 100% transparent while White is used for areas which are to remain 100% opaque. The shades of grey in between are various levels of transparency.

Using the magic wand and marquee tools ON THE RGB CHANNEL I selected the various separate elements and filled them using the paint bucket tool ON THE ALPHA CHANNEL, thus creating the Alpha Layer you see here. As I said, it's very rough but it should give you an idea of what's going on.

03dg7.jpg

4) I saved the image as a 32bit bmp (then hex-edited out the last two bytes as has been discussed earlier) and imported it into FSHed. The final result can be seen below. (Remember that there is a 'toggle transparency' button in FSHed if you can't see the transparency immediately).

04mm6.jpg

Good luck to you. Hope that helps. :cheers

EDIT: I've also attached the .bmp file I created so you can see the various channels in action in Photoshop and in FSHed.

Attachments

• For Holmie.zip
    282.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
thanks BF for the tutorial. i hope to finish soon with both the overlays but meanwhile ive got somethign else for you guys. the 2006 Australia ODI kit. :happy

To install: Extract to X:\Program Files\Ea Sports\Cricket 2005\

Download available on Page 1. Click here to go to Page 1.

Hey mate thats a very decent Australia oDI Kit! Keep it up! Like your downloads!

Nice Australian kit Holmie. By the way that is there away one (When they tour other countries).

Mate on the first page there is one Sky Sports Overlay download attachment and then two Pakistani oDI Kits attachment, where is the Australia Kit Attachment?

good luck with the overlay holmie, you obviously have some quality skill and from what I saw of the overlay (before i took it off due to problems discussed earlier) it was amazing. Im going to put your aus kit on right now and have a go with it

also homie i know i'm asking a lot but also for my story I need a BBC overlay.
In the current 1 the scorecards and wagon whells are all white.
I was wondering when you have finished everything you are doing at the moment if you had time to make one i would be very grateful :)
cheers
:cheers

Top work Holmie ...........it is looking nice...Keep up the nice job
Cheers
MHC

Users who are viewing this thread