Holmie's Hi-Res Downloads --Aus 06 Kit Released--

Following up on my original post earlier today. I tried running the patch in 1024x768 with no AntiAliasing. It was a lot more stable allowing me to drool over this excellent TV overlay :p. Alas it crashed about 40mins in whilst trying to access the pause menu - thought I was on to something with it working for that long!

i still dont get the crashing think.i made a normal resolution one 640x480 but when i import it the game always freezes when the batsman is ready to play the first ball. i got alot of help from aussie1st. hes the main reason the patch is looks superb. but he said that it doesnt matter what the resolution is. maybe its the way im importing the file in the .fsh. i take my .psd file and then if FshEd i go to Tools>Graphic Importer and i import it. is that the right way?

i dont mean to self praise but the channel 4 overlay is just mind blowing. i have managed to give it a wide screen look just like the skysports overlay. i have a picture but its from photoshop not in game. just imagine it with writing on it. and yes that is a TCP screen i used in the background.

scorecardwsss3.jpg

Try saving the file as the png and import it using the png importer with fshed.Btw Im having those crashing problems as well.

Kshitiz_Indian said:
hey holmie mate, when you imported the files in the fsh's, did you remember to cut the last two bytes with the hex editor??

:eek: no! can you teach me asap?

ok,
follow this
when you finish creating a image of the overlay, before impoerting into the fsh file open any hex editor and open the bmp file in it. Then scrol down to the last line. There you will find two 00 00 . del them from there and save the bmp. Now imp[ort into fshed.

I think this should solve the problems, coz all your files are 2 bytes long. This same problem also occurs with bats and faces. I think this may be the problem here also. Try doping it.

Kshitiz_Indian said:
ok,
follow this
when you finish creating a image of the overlay, before impoerting into the fsh file open any hex editor and open the bmp file in it. Then scrol down to the last line. There you will find two 00 00 . del them from there and save the bmp. Now imp[ort into fshed.

I think this should solve the problems, coz all your files are 2 bytes long. This same problem also occurs with bats and faces. I think this may be the problem here also. Try doping it.

No need of doing this hex editing for .bmp
Check this out Here

langerrox said:
then open it up in a hex editor for this i using 'FSHED' and open your bat you made and delete the last 2 entries (the two 00's) so it looks like this, then save the bat.

then go to

see , this was the problem with the bats and faces that the bmp file had to be cut to bytes, otherwise the game crashed. I thought maybe this can be done by holmie and see if the crashing stops. Was just an idea, an experiment, based on my experience.

Yep. Removing the last two digits in hex editor is only required for .bmp file. For .psd there should be no problem. It surely has to be something to do with the importing and as I said earlier it has nothing to do with the resolution.

Kshitiz_Indian said:
see , this was the problem with the bats and faces that the bmp file had to be cut to bytes, otherwise the game crashed. I thought maybe this can be done by holmie and see if the crashing stops. Was just an idea, an experiment, based on my experience.

But i never hex edit the .bmp for my created faces and it never crashs the game. I am saying saving in OS/2 formate does the job for me instead of hex editing it.

im making the channel 4 overlay and it is saved in 1280x968 resolution and i have only imported 2 .psd files in the fsh and the game hasnt ever crashed. so this definatly has nothing to do with the resolution. maybe i imported the files in the fsh too many times and thats why its giving the error. please help me find out this whole thing.

holmie said:
im making the channel 4 overlay and it is saved in 1280x968 resolution and i have only imported 2 .psd files in the fsh and the game hasnt ever crashed. so this definatly has nothing to do with the resolution. maybe i imported the files in the fsh too many times and thats why its giving the error. please help me find out this whole thing.

well that could be the problem, why don't you extract a fresh copy of all the files used in the overlay from the .gob file and reimport your .psd files in the .fsh files.

holmie said:
maybe its the way im importing the file in the .fsh. i take my .psd file and then if FshEd i go to Tools>Graphic Importer and i import it. is that the right way?
I've never imported anything that way, I always click Object>Import>Graphic Object>New. That method doesn't support PSD files though, only bmps.

Users who are viewing this thread