How are you doing in Cricket Coach 2009?

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is a fantastic update. I'm really pleased I accidentally stumbled across it a couple of days ago when bored so I didn't have to wait for its release. I was a huge 2007 fan and this is a great improvement although there is room for improvement it's great Oli's listening to our suggestions and fixing it.

So far I've started out as Northern Districts. I've just started my 4th season with them. So far I've done pretty well. One the Tweny20 cup last year after being constantly runner up. I seem to have a slight connection with the club and I love the history option where it shows you top scores e.g over the years you've been manager. I seem to be declining job offers that I want to take such as coaching Otago, Zimbabwe, England and Rajasthan Royals but I like coaching Northern Districts too much. Unfortunately at the end last season both Daniel Vettori and Brent Arnel retired.

Another thing I really like is when you get a new player that hasn't played a match before they seem to start out rubbish but as time goes on seem to develop and start getting bigger scores. I also like how as time goes on the players retire and the national side has to pick new players. Unfortunately it seems most of the 2013 New Zealand team seems to consist of mainly Northern Districts players that wouldn't have a chance of making the black caps in real life.

One thing I don't like and I wonder if anyone agrees with me is that the Twenty20 match scores seem to be too high and unrealistic. It's rare you see teams blast their way to 240 and yet in CC2009 it seems to be quite common for that too happen. Another thing that seems to happen is that in The State Shield (NZ One Day Competition) Is that there seem to be finals every 2nd season and not every season which is annoying.

I've played with Hamish Marshall in Northern Districts now I'm off to start a new game and play with him in Gloucestershire. CC2009 seems to be getting alot more of my attention than ICC2009. I bought them both at the same time but have hardly played on ICC which shows how good CC2009 seems to be.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
This is a fantastic update. I'm really pleased I accidentally stumbled across it a couple of days ago when bored so I didn't have to wait for its release. I was a huge 2007 fan and this is a great improvement although there is room for improvement it's great Oli's listening to our suggestions and fixing it.

So far I've started out as Northern Districts. I've just started my 4th season with them. So far I've done pretty well. One the Tweny20 cup last year after being constantly runner up. I seem to have a slight connection with the club and I love the history option where it shows you top scores e.g over the years you've been manager. I seem to be declining job offers that I want to take such as coaching Otago, Zimbabwe, England and Rajasthan Royals but I like coaching Northern Districts too much. Unfortunately at the end last season both Daniel Vettori and Brent Arnel retired.

Another thing I really like is when you get a new player that hasn't played a match before they seem to start out rubbish but as time goes on seem to develop and start getting bigger scores. I also like how as time goes on the players retire and the national side has to pick new players. Unfortunately it seems most of the 2013 New Zealand team seems to consist of mainly Northern Districts players that wouldn't have a chance of making the black caps in real life.

One thing I don't like and I wonder if anyone agrees with me is that the Twenty20 match scores seem to be too high and unrealistic. It's rare you see teams blast their way to 240 and yet in CC2009 it seems to be quite common for that too happen. Another thing that seems to happen is that in The State Shield (NZ One Day Competition) Is that there seem to be finals every 2nd season and not every season which is annoying.

I've played with Hamish Marshall in Northern Districts now I'm off to start a new game and play with him in Gloucestershire. CC2009 seems to be getting alot more of my attention than ICC2009. I bought them both at the same time but have hardly played on ICC which shows how good CC2009 seems to be.

This issue has been brought to our attention and we're working hard on making sure we can find a nice balance for all forms of the game regarding run-rate.

I, personally, like to read posts of such a positive mannor. I know that I can go back to Oli and tell him things I've heard and read around the web.

We're glad you're enjoying it! And its great news that you're getting plenty of game time.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, run rates are being tested at the moment.

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Sweet.

You said you were going to get back to be in regards to the database editor. Any updates on that?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uhh, is anyone playing this game anymore? Appeal worn off already?

age of the fall

International Cricketer
Yeah, cricket coach is a great game. Its better then ICC IMO, it's great that the developer talks to all the fans and takes all suggestions on board.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Erm, no?

Things keep getting better and better. You stick with your static ICC though, pumpkin.
Was just wondering, potato. Seeing as there are no posts in here I thought that everyone had lost interest in the game.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah and playing a game is better then seeing "(Not Responding)". :p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
We've continually been improving CC09's stableness. Very rarely should the game crash from 3.05, if all goes well. But, the problem with games is that you plug one hole, and 17 more leak.

Users who are viewing this thread