How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Completed my 2042 season as Surrey. Having won all the 4 titles last season, couldnt retain 2 of them :noway this time - Challenge Trophy & Pro-League, which just shows my team was not all that great in the OD's this season.

For the next season :D didnt renew contract for my 35 year old strike bowler M.Penman as well as my overseas players - opener S.Bacher and Indian paceman S.Lahore.
In came, Lancs opener A.McDonald, Essex batsman L.Gibson & Indian pacer H.Mehra

County Championship

xdf7nt.jpg

ipwkn9.jpg

2iw0lls.jpg

btw, do you skip or play games or a mix of both in this save?

Until now I have never skipped a game, however inconsequential it is....

However if it is an inconsequential game like say, the last CT/CC/PL game, I play it but with less interest like resting :p key players and going in with bench strength & losing it eventually... :p

Ok, I'm going to start a save with Middlesex and see how far I can go before I get over it.

Don't know how you can play all those matches though. It'd take forever.

Nah, I'll get bored :p

And what a thriller first match, against Worcestershire, lol.

Batted first and quickly slipped to 6/21 (Yeah, pretty shocking) but Robson and Murtagh put on a good 90 run partnership to get us back in it as we ended up being bowled out for 147, Murtagh with 50 and Robson with 36 and Udal also contributed with 15.

Worcestershire lost Mitchell and Al Hasan early though to O'Brien and Solanki shortly followed as they were 3/20. Smith and Kervezee put on a 75 run partnership though before Smith gave an easy return catch for Udal. Kervezee continued to score 100 though while Manuel made 50 and Arif, Whitehead and Mason all made crucial runs as they finished with 322 all out.

Newman went for a 23 ball duck though and Strauss got out afterwards as we again found ourselves in trouble at 2/33. A 213 run partnership between Dexter and Malan though got us right back in it before Dexter was trapped in front for 90. Housego then continued on with Malan, making 35 while Malan was finally dismissed for 193, and we were bowled out with just under 2 sessions left on Day 4.

They tried to score quick runs but Murtagh ripped through their top order with 4wickets in his opening spell. Finn then made a triple blow before tea though and they went into tea at 7/100. Kervezee tried to resist but his tailenders couldn't do much as Finn and O'Brien finished things off, Kervezee finishing 44* while Worcestershire were bowled out for 164. Murtagh finished with 4/85, Finn took 4/45 and O'Brien took 2/20.

I haven't played this game in a while so I have forgotten where I am in the table, however I have a slight feeling I am 8th in Division 2, 2 points above Middlesex as I got maximum batting and bowling points before collapsing in the second innings. Anyway, I am currently in my second County Championship game of 2011 (season 2) and I am heading for a draw. At the start of the 4th day, I am 72/1, 33 ahead of Leicestershire. I got 4 batting points as after 110 overs I was 380/6, but eventually score 439 all out, but only picked up 1 bowling point. So at the moment I am going towards taking 8 points from this game. I am happy with my top 8 of Mitchell, Solanki, Kawadja, Ali, Bosely, Smith, Thomas, Cox (w), but my bowling line-up of Thomas, Arif, Richardson and Andrews is awful! I am going to re-shuffle the bowling for next game but I have a feeling I don't have many more options, so for next season I am spending whatever cash I get, at the rate won't be alot!, on some better bowlers.

Current Worcestershire team;

Mitchell
Solanki
Kawadja (Overseas, absolute gun!)
Ali
Bosely (Normally Kervezee, but he is currently injured)
Smith (Usually Pardoe, but again he is injured)
Thomas
Cox (W)
Arif
Richardson
Andrew

Just pulled off a close win against Notts (with Worcestershire).

Not going to go through it but I ended up bowling them out and needing 100 to win, in the last session. Afridi, our new experiment at the top of the order hit 21 off 12 balls before we tried to get over the line defensively, coming down to the last 2 overs with 7 to win, and 8 wickets in hand, so i just threw Kervezee and Stafford on aggressive. Scored 6 off that over, leaving us 1 to win off the last over. Stafford decided to not score off the first 5 balls though, leaving us 1 run to win off the last ball, before he smashed a six to win the game :p

----------

lol, I just realised that was the final County Championship match and that win meant that we ended up 5 points above Yorkshire to take the CC D1 Title, which was pretty great considering I'm being Worcestershire.

Just finished my contracts for my next Worcestershire season. Here is my squad:

Shaaiq Choudhry
Alex Kervezee (C)
Daryl Mitchell
Julian Stafford
Stephen Moore
Jeff Norris
Garry Park
Roy Blundell

Stuart Adler
Tim Ambrose

David Wheeldon
Brian Snow*
Jonathan Clare*

Imran Arif
Chris Russell
Boyd Rankin
Christopher Pears
Tim Southee* (Overseas)
David Griffiths*
Jerome Taylor* (Overseas Reserve)

* - New signings

Likely lineup:

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Stephen Moore/Jeff Norris
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Garry Park
5. Julian Stafford
6. Roy Blundell/Shaaiq Choudhry/David Wheeldon
7. Stuart Adler+
8. Jonathan Clare
9. Brian Snow
10. Christopher Pears
11. Tim Southee

----------

Well Snow just took 8/37 on club debut, even if it was against MCC :p

A nice warmup though, making 631/6 dec. with Mitchell, Norris, Kervezee, Park and Adler all making centuries with Stafford and Blundell the only ones missing out, then bowled them out for 112 thanks to Snow's 8 wickets and they actually batted well in the second innings, making 233/4 to force the draw, Snow with 3/54.

Well I had 50k to sign an overseas player and he was the cheapest bowler I could find. Done pretty well so far, 8 wickets @ 33 in FC so far and 3/38 in the only one day match.

----------

Damn, Stuart Adler and Brian Snow were selected by England :(

Adler has scored 101*, 86, 127*, 107 and 23 so far this season in the CC, while Snow has taken 30 wickets @ 12.77 in 4 FC matches.

ICC06 : Playing as Surrey

Ah...In my 2043 season, :D one of the partnerships went into the Historical records. :cheers After the fall of an early wicket both R.Burns and D.Dobson were involved in a 446 run partnership. Both going onto make double hundreds and their highest FC scores.

In fact, just 3 seasons back, S.Yapp-A.Williams were involved in a 412 run stand which was eventually broken by these two now.

Brief Score of that Match -

2011 season as Worcestershire. It's not going too great to be honest, with no wins coming from any of my games. I need to sign better bowlers for next year along with a better wicket-keeper, as my faith in young Ben Cox has backfired as in my latest challenge trophy game with Surrey he dropped 3 catches in the same over. I may opt to have an overseas bowler next year rather than an overseas batsmen, even though Khawada has been a absolute gun for me this season so far with an average of 50.33. Adam Gilchrist is my T20 player this year, so that gives Ben Cox a good rest from the hectic games.

County Championship Division 2 (Games played-points):

1.)Lancashire P3; 65
2.)Glamorgan P4; 55
3.)Middlesex P4; 55
4.)Nottinghamshire P4; 50
5.)Leicestershire P4; 43
6.)Gloucestershire P3; 42
7.)Sussex P4; 37
8.)Northamptonshire P3; 29
9.)Worcestershire P3; 14

Challenge Trophy Group A:

1.)Unicorns P2; 4
2.)Surrey P2; 4
3.)Derbyshire P1; 2
4.)Essex P1; 0
5.)Lancashire P1; 0
6.)Somerset P1; 0
7.)Worcestershire P2; 0

As you can see, i'm in dire-straights!

Don't worry. We were horrible in our first season, and Chewie and Callum were in their second season as well :p (Although I managed to win Div 2 in my second season and win Div 1 in my third and came Runner up in the CT in the first 2 season).

Just pulled off an incredible victory. Didn't think I had a chance, completely dominated by their bowlers as we were bowled out for 134, Choudhry and Ambrose top scoring with 30 and 30* respectively.

Southee and Pears took 2 early wickets though to have them at 2/11 before Key absolutely hammered us, Rankin in particular as he scored 40 off 21 balls but Clare coming on broke that partnership and also got rid of their other opener. It just went downhill from there though as Wheeldon ran through them with 4/24 as we bowled them out for 129, winning by 5 runs.

closematch.jpg

Well didn't sign any new local players for next season in my Worcestershire save but I've signed McKay as my overseas player, Southee as my backup and McCullum and Raval as my T20 players.

Users who are viewing this thread