How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

ICC's site is back running and I got my free code for ICC05. Will give it a go and post my views about it.

I was speaking based on pre-conceived notions. Just downloaded the trial. Have lost my first match by an innings defeat. (playing as Leicestershire ). Good sign . I always felt CC was way too easy.

Why is there so much activity in this thread but so little in Cricket Coach. Isn't CC better?

They both have their own ups and downs, but when I'm playing a simulator style game I want the scores to be realistic more than anything, and when I played the CC trial they were quite unrealistic at times.

I would love to play as an associate etc, but I don't want to be forking out for another cricket sim, when I don't really play ICC that much.

Leicestershire are one of the worst county teams in 2010, what version are you playing?

For county matches batting I use 1/2/3 aggression, and for county matches bowling I use 3/4/5 aggression with the same respective fields.

I am playing 2010, and yes Leicestershire are seeded 18th . So I guess its gonna be a bit of a struggle. Thanks for your help.

Another match. Another innings defeat. :facepalm Any tips?

1. Have you read the manual? You need to.

2. Your team plays really really badly in matches you 'skip'.

3. The default field used for the top two aggression levels for pace and the top three aggression levels for spin, are stupid (too aggressive for virtually any situation).

4. If the opposition are scoring at more than 4 an over, you are being too aggressive with your bowling and/or fielding.

5. The batting aggression levels recommended by the game MAY be a little too aggressive.

There are at least a couple of tactics threads in this forum. Have a look.

EDIT: I looked for those threads and they're not so easy to find. In this forum, one is called "A couple of questions and a couple of comments..." and the other is "ICC 2009 Advice/guides". There is another thread somewhere in the games forums with advice for a variety of games including ICC, but I haven't rediscovered that one yet.

Last edited:
Just had an awesome T20 win. We only made 139/5 from our 20 overs and they seemed set to win, only needing 14 runs from the last 3 overs with 6 wickets in hand. Zaheer, my new all-rounder playing in his first series for Bangladesh (well first tournament) bowls his 4th over, only conceding 2 runs but taking 2 wickets as well as they end up neding 12 runs off 2 overs. Throw the ball to Tamim Iqbal, who bowls a tidy over, before going for a boundary off the last ball and they need 6 runs off the final over. Both openers had 3 overs left but decided to take the pace off the ball a little by giving it to Talha Jubair, the medium pacer. First ball, to the set batsman, Jabbar, plumb in front of the wicket for 37. Bowls Saman out for a golden duck next ball and they need 6 runs off 4 balls at 134/8. Hit 2 singles off the next 2 balls and they need 4 off 2 balls. Mendis then hits two. 2 runs to win off the last ball, one to tie. I just put everyone on the single. Good length ball, and Mendis swings at it but misses and it is a dot ball, so we won by 1 run.

----------

And Iqbal is a legend. Hammers 112* off 64 balls with 4 sixes as we chase down their total of 190 with 2 balls to spare.

Thought we had no chance, just chucked Naz and Iqbal on full aggression, Naz made a decent score with 31 off 24 but Iqbal led the way while Hom and other new batsman, Fazal scored quick runs to help.

Yeah, I had 3 overs with my opening bowlers left each :p

But Tamim Iqbal is a gun all-rounder. Here are his stats in my game. I guess with some people, certain batsman work as all-rounders for some but some can't even get a wicket out of them. Like I can't get Daryl Mitchell to bowl well for me unlike Callum and Chewie who take a fair few wickets with him.

But look at his batting though. 12 ODI centuries. He is just so gun.

tamimiqbal.jpg

His ODI bowling stats are impressive. He has only 2 career ODI wickets in my game and 21 wickets in my ICC 06 save.:p

Users who are viewing this thread