How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Got some form of motion going in my save as worcestershire, a 22 point victory over Lancashire and a draw against Glamorgan ensured that I am now off the bottom of the Count Championship 2nd division. A 82 run battering of the Essex Eagles also mean I am now 5th in Group A of the challenge trophy. Usman Khawadja has continued his sublime form averaging well over 50 since his arrival at New Road from Australia. Ben Cox's form with the bat and gloves is still a huge concern for me, he scored 2,0,4,18 and 8* in his last 5 innings, and has given away numerous byes. Anyone recommend a decent Wicket-keeper/Batsmen with an average of above 30 if preferable?

Anyone recommend a decent Wicket-keeper/Batsmen with an average of above 30 if preferable?

Depends on your version and year of course, but there must be about 20 that fit those criteria. Don't know whether they're on the market of course. If this is ICC10 in 2010, I think Josh Knappett is at the Unicorns. He's not bad, and probably both available and relatively cheap. Another who may be relatively cheap and available is Tom New.

I'm about half-way through a save with Middlesex on the iOS version, so far most of my runs have been coming from Scott Newman, who is averaging 60 something, and Sam Robson, who is averaging about 40. Another surprise is Tim Murtagh, who averages 42, with 3 50's and a 100.

Anyone recommend a decent Wicket-keeper/Batsmen with an average of above 30 if preferable?

fearsome tweak, just had a huge post written up to give you like 10 great keepers. Anyway, here's what I would recommend in order for mid-long term prospects. (This is in 2014 in my game)

1. Craig Kieswetter (Young and awesome)
2. Jonathan Bairstow (Even younger but is a little less in batting, would recommend them about the same)
3. Steve Davies (Next best young prospect)
4. Matt Prior (Good experienced keeper, although not the ability of the 3 above after the first couple of seasons)
5. Steve Snell
6. Tim Ambrose
7. Niall O'Brien

And some good short term prospects as well.

Chris Read (Still averaging around 40 at 35 years of age)
James Foster (Decent but not great)

fried chicken, just had a huge post written up to give you like 10 great keepers. Anyway, here's what I would recommend in order for mid-long term prospects. (This is in 2014 in my game)

1. Craig Kieswetter (Young and awesome)
2. Jonathan Bairstow (Even younger but is a little less in batting, would recommend them about the same)
3. Steve Davies (Next best young prospect)
4. Matt Prior (Good experienced keeper, although not the ability of the 3 above after the first couple of seasons)
5. Steve Snell
6. Tim Ambrose
7. Niall O'Brien

And some good short term prospects as well.

Chris Read (Still averaging around 40 at 35 years of age)
James Foster (Decent but not great)

I was thinking of Steve Davies if he is available after the season ends. It is ICC2010 so i'm in season 2011. It's all about where I finish in the 3 competitions and how much money I get from them. I also need to really invest in a couple of quality bowlers aswell, so my overseas next season maybe a bowler (although I can't see how i'd cope without the runs that Khawaja gets me). I think it will be 2/3 season before I really start to compete for any trophies.

Yeah, you can see my team in 2014 with Worcestershire. Only Mitchell and Wheeldon remain in my starting XI :p

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Jeff Norris (Regen)
3. Stuart Godwin (Regen)
4. Julian Stafford (Regen)
5. Garry Park
6. Stuart Adler (wk) (Regen)
7. David Wheelon
8. Jonathan Clare
9. Brian Snow
10. Clint McKay
11. Christopher Pears (Regen)

Other Players:

Alex Kervezee
Stephen Moore
Shaaiq Choudhry
Rob Blundell (Regen)
Tim Ambrose
Boyd Rankin
David Griffiths

Am I right in saying you get 3 points for a draw in the County Championship and what ever bonus points you get in the match?

And this is my Worcestershire team (* denotes players I want to replace)
1.Daryl Mitchell (c)
2.Vikram Solanki
3.Usman Khawaja
4.Alexi Kervezee*
5.Moen Ali
6.Ben Smith
7.Alfonso Thomas
8.Ben Cox (wk)*
9.Imran Arif
10.Alan Richardson*
11.Matt Mason

I'd probably take another bowler aswell and retain Alexi Kervezee if I need to as my batting is not too bad in this game, I normally get 400 and maximum batting bonus points, but then the opposition bat for ages getting 450 and the game ends up in a draw! I seem to have more luck with bowling in the 40 over game bowling medium pacers with Daryl Mitchell having a few 5-fors to his name.

About right. Solanki was horrible for me. Mason retired after my first season as well even though he was pretty good.

The points are in the competition rules, 16 points for a win, 8 for a tie and 3 for a draw (0 for a loss obviously) And then the bonus points.

Solanki has been quite good for me, he has hit a few 100's in the County Championship. 40 overs he has been a bit hit-and-miss. On another note, I simply cannot wait for the start of the T20, I have a feeling Adam Gilchrist is going to smash it everywhere! Him and Khawaja, I may have a chance to get to finals day!

Last edited:
On another note, I simply cannot wait for the start of the T20, I have a feeling Adam Gilchrist is going to smash it everywhere! Him and Khawaja, I may have a chance to get to finals day!

I'm the opposite, I hate it when the T20s come around and all my form players lose all their form by the time the real cricket starts again.

I always seem to do real well in the T20s :/ I have players averaging in the 40s in T20.

I always seem to do real well in the T20s :/ I have players averaging in the 40s in T20.

In my last season I had Sanath Jayasuria as my overseas (he was already there, I didn't sign him) and he was awful, he didn't score anything over 10 for the whole tournament. I finished bottom of the North group, however this season with Gilly and Usman, I have high hopes for a quarter-final maybe even semi-final place :) County Championship-wise, I am aiming for about mid-table and in the 40 overs I am aiming to win the whole tournament and gets some funds for some quality bowlers and a new wicket-keeper.

Edit: Just played a 40-over Challenge Group match against Derbyshire. Real tense game, Derbyshire won the toss and elected to bat first. They posted 188/9 off 40.0 overs with Ponting hitting 46 and Dorston hitting 36. Alfonso Thomas ripped through the middle order to take 3-36 and Mason took the two openers to finish with 2-29 to peg Derbyshire back to what looked an easy score to chase. Openers Mitchell and Solanki went cheaply early on (typical, as I'd hyped Solanki up a couple of posts previously) but a solid third-wicket partnership between D Wheeldon (78*) and Usman Khawaja (73*) seeing that total was chased down with 3 balls to spare! Now upto 3rd in the Challenge Trophy

Last edited:
It seems whoever I 'big-up' seems to perform badly, and anyone who I criticise plays well. So i'd like to issue a statement: "The whole of my team is f**king s**t!". Now cue a 10 wicket win!

Just finished a season with Gloucestershire (because of the New Zealand connections), and it was a shocker. We managed to avoid the wooden spoon in everything, but we finished second to last on all three tables.

T20 was always going to be a lost cause, because we lost Franklin for a month (12 out of 16 of the games) on the day before it started. That meant I pretty much had to play Kevin O'Brien (who I signed because Franklin was our only all-rounder), and his bowling took a hammering more often than not. Our bowling was generally alright though, but our bowling was shocking. The likes of Redmond and Marshall finished averaging 10 with the bat. At the halfway stage we were actually in the top four (4 wins from 8), but a terrible second half of the season saw us drop down to 8th.

OD was a similar story to T20, there was always one bowler who took a hammering, and because of the lack of all-rounders there wasn't really anyone to make up any overs. A loss in one of our matches to the Netherlands kind of sums it up, but we did manage to finish above them in the end.

FC was kind of strange. Like T20 we made a decent start to the season and found ourselves in 5th at the halfway stage, but we fell away and finished below Worcestershire in 8th. Can't remember who the team was behind us. Despite this lowly placing, our batsmen actually put up some decent numbers, six of them averaged over 36, including three over 40. Our bowlers however were pretty poor. Our number one spinner average 115 in nine matches, while only three bowlers averaged under 31.

When I look back on it the turning point in our season was very much Franklin's injury, and he went on to get injured for a second time for a week right at the end as well.

Users who are viewing this thread