How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

1st Test Match after 1st two innings's:

ICC10NZ2.jpg

Our bowling was good...Southee started off with a breakthrough removing Smith...Nethula came in and removed Amla getting his first test wicket. And after that De Villiers was the one who led the whole SA innings while Franklin and Vettori struck blows quite regularly. In terms of batting...Raval started off well...but we lost Ryder, Taylor and Kitchen pretty early but Williamson and Raval put up a partnership to get us to a good position but then the two got out almost together along with Vettori...then Franklin came in with Mccullum and the two started to build a partnership. Mccullum stayed for some time but lost his wicket a bit later but Franklin kept on building small partnerships with Bates, Nethula and Southee and got us a small lead. Lets see what happens now.

When saving a previous match, it just saves the innings so you have to change the innings and save each scorecard separately, and then manually put them together.

I just started a game with New Zealand on ICC 2, that's 1999. Vincent and James Marshall are both classed as bowlers...

First up is the 1999 World Cup.

I got rid of Hart, Bulfin and Larsen, and brought in Styris, Sinclair and Bond. Bond hasn't even played a OD game yet. I was tempted to bring in Oram as well.

I only won one out of the three warmups, Macca was a total fail, scoring nine runs in three innings.

I went with this line-up for the Bangladesh match:

Horne
Twose
Fleming
Astle
Sincalir
Harris
Cairns
Paraoe
Doull
Vettori
Allott

We got 246 for four batting first, I'm still getting use to the different aggression settings. Sinclair stared with 70 not out on OD debut, Fleming and Harris also made decent contributions.

We then bowled pretty crap, but still won by 40 odd runs.

I'm probably going to try and get rid of as much of the older guys as possible, and look to bring in the few recent guys in the game, like Oram. Pretty much it's just going to be players I like etc.

Ok, I'm going to use Jono's roster to do a NZ save. Let's just see how I go.

I'll skip the T20 World Cup cause I hate T20s :p

Ok, lost both games so I'm out to my liking :p

Now the test series with South Africa.

Test Squad:

Ross Taylor
Martin Guptill
Neil Broom
BJ Watling
Brendon McCullum
Jesse Ryder
Kane Williamson
James Franklin
Daniel Vettori (Captain)
Grant Elliott
Brent Arnel
Kyle Mills
Daryl Tuffey
Tim Southee
Mark Gillespie

Don't think I've missed anyone important there.

Lineup for 1st Test:

1. BJ Watling
2. Martin Guptill
3. Jesse Ryder
4. Ross Taylor
5. James Franklin
6. Brendon McCullum+
7. Daniel Vettori*
8. Kyle Mills
9. Daryl Tuffey
10. Tim Southee
11. Brent Arnel

Deciding to go with the 4 pace bowlers plus Vettori and part time options in Franklin and Ryder. Probably a little short on bowling. I might bring in Williamson for one of Tuffey, Southee or Arnel if our batting isn't up to scratch in the first test.

Well a big turn around in the first test.

Batting first, we fell to 4/64 but then Ryder and McCullum absolutely hammered the South African bowlers, putting on a 278 run partnership before McCullum fell for 143 off 204 balls. Vettori hit a nice 19 before Mills continued to score 31. Ryder then just went for it before he fell for 240 off 388 deliveries with 34 boundaries and 3 sixes. We then just scored a few more runs before we declared on 500/8. Our scorecard:

Watling 2 (4)
Guptill 10 (19)
Ryder 240 (388)
Taylor 6 (18)
Franklin 15 (46)
McCullum 143 (204)
Vettori 19 (35)
Mills 31 (85)
Tuffey 7* (19)
Southee 10* (20)

DNB: Arnel

South Africa's top order all made starts before Vettori completely ripped into them taking 4 wickets to have them at 7/144 before they put on some good partnerships at the end, most importantly Steyn scoring 48. Our bowling figures:

Mills 18-3-48-2
Southee 9-1-26-0
Tuffey 10.4-2-33-2
Arnel 8-1-20-0
Vettori 28-2-67-4 (Was 4/25 at one stage)
Franklin 8-1-33-2
Ryder 7-1-9-0

We enforced the follow on but Smith and Amla put on a good partnership before we got the wicket of Amla (42 off 53 balls) and de Villiers fell for a duck in the next over. Smith and Kallis got their way back into it though as Kallis went on to make 142 while Boucher gave him solid support with 64 but we managed to bowl them out for 375 thanks to a non-existant tail (much unlike the first innings) where none of the bottom 4 managed to score in double figures. Mills led the way this time with 5 wickets while Vettori contributed with 3 wickets. Our bowling figures;

Arnel 9-0-44-0 (Mills was tired after bowling at the back end of their previous innings)
Southee 21-1-63-0
Mills 36-3-77-5
Tuffey 13-2-32-1
Franklin 13-0-37-0
Vettori 37-4-100-3
Ryder 6-0-19-0

We then lost Watling for a golden duck in our small chase, shortly followed by Ryder (2 wickets in the first 4 balls) but Guptill and Taylor easily got us over the line.

Watling 0 (1)
Guptill 66* (106)
Ryder 4 (3)
Taylor 45* (113)

Watling and Arnel have been dropped for the second test with McCullum opening and Broom and Williamson coming into the team.

Starting XI for 2nd Test:

1. Brendon McCullum+
2. Martin Guptill
3. Jesse Ryder
4. Ross Taylor
5. Neil Broom
6. Daniel Vettori*
7. Kane Williamson
8. James Franklin
9. Kyle Mills
10. Daryl Tuffey
11. Tim Southee

Well we put another great performance to go 2-0 up in the series. Batting first, both the openers made starts but we fell to 4/125 with Ryder and Vettori at the crease. Now it seems the #3 and #6 always scores a century in the first innings as they both scored 101 before Williamson made 29 on debut and the tail wagged with Mills scoring 29*, Tuffey making 34 off only 30 deliveries and Southee made 14 at #11. But our #3 and #6 combined in the first innings of both test matches have scored 585 runs with 1 double century and 3 more centuries.

Mills again led a hungry New Zealand bowling attack with figures of 4/27 while Tuffey had ripped through South Africa's top order with 3/31 before he went down injured. Williamson took 1/16, Southee 1/45 and Vettori 1/34 as we bowled them out for 182. We enforced the follow on and this time it was James Franklin who ripped through their batting lineup taking 6/86 off 33.4 overs while Vettori took 2/49 (21) and Mills and Southee took 1 wicket a piece as we bowled them out for 267. We chased down the meagre total of 42 with ease, losing no wickets, Guptill 24* and McCullum 17*.

----------

ODI Squad:

Martin Guptill
Ross Taylor
Neil Broom
Daniel Flynn
Brendon McCullum
Jesse Ryder
Daniel Vettori
Kane Williamson
Jacob Oram
James Franklin
Kyle Mills
Daryl Tuffey
Tim Southee
Brent Arnel
Mark Gillespie

Jacob Oram and Daniel Flynn have been brought in for Watling and Elliott. Was going to bring in Nathan McCullum but he's out for 13 days so I left him in.

I always lose that first test series to South Africa, so nice work.

I guess using Jono's roster would help quite a bit.

Well we finished a great series with South Africa with a 3-0 cleansweep in the ODIs after a cleansweep in the Test series as well so very pleased. My ratings for the ODI series.

Guptill - 8/10 - Started off with a great score of 82 in the first ODI although didn't get started in the 2nd ODI scoring 18 before hammering 30 off 12 deliveries in the final ODI as NZL ended up scoring 354.

Taylor - 7/10 - Started off poorly scoring 2 in the first ODI but came back with scores of 57 and 43 in the second and third ODIs.

Broom - 8/10 - Similar to Taylor starting off only making 13 but came back to score 41 in the 2nd ODI before hammering 84 in the final ODI, much better than anyone else in that ODI.

Flynn - DNP

McCullum - 6/10 - Didn't go on in any matches with scores of 5, 30 and 23

Ryder - 7.5/10 - Smashed a hundred in the first ODI but only made scores of 26 and 16 to back that up

Vettori - 6.5/10 - He had a pretty horrible series with scores of 9, 13 and 22 and figures of 0/47 and 0/52 but made up for it with 5/18 in the final ODI to win us the match.

Williamson - 8/10 - Starred in the first ODI with 78 in a 3 man show and then scored 23 in the 2nd ODI before playing a beautiful innings of 46 in the final ODI. Failed to impress with the ball though going wicketless in all 3 games, bowling 8 overs.

Oram - 9/10 - Really impressed in all matches with scores of 1, 37* and 57* and figures of 3/32, 1/41 and 1/43 to score 93 runs and take 5 wickets @ 23.2

Frankllin - DNP

Mills - 7/10 - Did alright. 37 runs with the bat and figures of 1/33, 2/44 and 1/43with the ball

Tuffey - 7.5/10 - Didn't play in the first ODI but came back in for Arnel taking 2/63 and 2/25 in the next 2 games.

Southee - 7.5/10 - Really impressed in the first game taking 6/47 which could have been a sign as to what was to come in the series but failed to really shine after that taking 1/54 and 0/20 in the next 2 games.

Arnel - 4/10 - Bowled 3 overs for 17 runs in the 1st ODI and was dropped for the rest of the series.

Gillespie - DNP

----------

Kane Williamson absolute dominated the South African attack in the Int T20 scoring 82* off 39 balls with 10 fours and 3 sixes as we chased down their total of 158 with 6 wickets in hand and 16 balls to spare. Oram took 3/26 with the ball. So that finishes a stunning series for Kane Williamson.

Well rain cost us the first test against Sri Lanka over 5 hours of the final day was washed out in what would have been a close game, them needing 425 odd runs to win on the final day.

Ryder is so gun though, 91 in the first innings and 84 in the second innings. Franklin dominated though scoring 110* down at 8 in the first innings. Mills was the star with the ball taking 5/72 as we bowled them out for 304. They managed 52/1 in their second innings, Vettori with 1/13.

Yea... I didn't really rate all the countries evenly... :p

Well we got wasted in the 1999 World Cup, we lost to the other three proper teams, while beating Bangladesh and Scotland.

Sinclair finished averaging something stupid because he scored 70* against Bangladesh and 149* against Scotland, but only made it into double figures once in the other three matches.

Astle and Macca were both rather fail, so were Bond and Styris.

Next up was a test series against England, which we ended up losing 3 - 1, it could of been 2 - 1 but I went after 300 on the final day of the fourth test in order to tie the series, and in the end failed.

Everyone was pretty average really. Vettori was a total gun though, he took 19 wickets in last two tests finishing with a bowling average of 19 across the four matches.

Our batting was useless, especially our middle order. Astle and Macca continued to fail, and Bell, Rigga and Scotty all failed in the one match they each played in respectively. Horne, Twose and Fleming were all alright.

Some great scheduling meant we didn't play another match for over a year, so after just the World Cup and one test series the game's already progressed almost a year and a half.

The current 2011 players in the game are:

Sinclair - Seems to be one of the best batsman, plus he's a part-time keeper
Oram - Useless, salary of 17k
Styris - Seems to be alright, but not really international quality
Vettori - Still only 21, but he already seems to be much better than he is in the recent editions
Martin - Useless, he does average like 15 with the bat in both FC and OD cricket though
Tuffey - Didn't really check him, so I assume he's not too flash as he wasn't anywhere near the top of the FC bowling average list
Vincent - Classed as a bowler, so yeah
James Marshall - Again, classed as a bowler
Cumming - Similar to Styris, doesn't seem to be terrible, but I don't think he'll cut it at international level
Mason - Didn't really look at him
Michael Parlane - Didn't really look at him

I think there are a few others, but that's just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
It's so weird playing with the older versions now. Was playing ICC05 before and I dunno who to pick :/

Alex Tait and David Sewell are both very highly rated in "2".

Both of them have county contracts along with Vettori.

----------

Oh yeah, Nevin and Hopkins are both there as well. Both are rated pretty rubbish though.

Wtf...

(Look at Sri Lanka's team)

wtfab.png

----------

fried chicken, they still managed to win by 5 runs...

Sinclair was 89* off 69 at the end, and Tait was 40* off 26. I forgot that it's impossible to chase down anything over 7/8 an over in the earlier editions.

----------

FFS, I lost again, and they still weren't playing any bowlers.

Atapattu has scored 120 and 128 in the two matches so far.

One of their batsman took five wickets.

At least Sinclair tore it up again, he got like 45 off 25.

----------

What a legend.

(Look at his ODI record)

sinclair.png

Users who are viewing this thread