How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

My first was 09, I started just after 08 was released. ICC III had the 3D engine introduced with Empire which was pretty big, but yes, I remember 08 being easier to navigate, better presented, etc.

1. South Africa 29
2. India 26
3. Australia 24
4. Sri Lanka 22
5. New Zealand 22
6. England 17
7. Pakistan 14
8. West Indies 13
9. Bangladesh 11
10. Zimbabwe 2

Well, the groups are based on seedings, as it was in the 2010 T20 groups. The draw for the groups is made at the start of the season.

So, 4th goes with 8th and an associate. 1st goes with 5th and 9th, 2nd goes with 6th and 10th and 3rd goes with 7th and an Associate.

Afaik, that is how the seeds worked in the last T20 WC, if you can suggest a better system, we'll discuss it.

But in my tournament, 1st seed was with 5 and 7, while 4th seed was with 9 and an associate...

----------

I think it should be something like

1 + 8 + 9
2 + 7 + 10
3 + 6 + associate
4 + 5 + associate

But in my tournament, 1st seed was with 5 and 7, while 4th seed was with 9 and an associate...

----------

I think it should be something like

1 + 8 + 9
2 + 7 + 10
3 + 6 + associate
4 + 5 + associate

Re, what happened in your game, the seedings aren't done at the time of the tournament, but at the start of the season. The code isn't broken in that sense.

That looks similar to how it worked for the last 2010 WC (which are based on the last T20 WC, not the ODI rankings, as we use).

We've agreed that it could be improved, so we'll see where we go from here, if it's easy to implement then we'll do it.

Starting up my South Australia save again. Lost all the FC matches apart from 2 which I drew in my last season and after coming last in FC every season, is this one going to be different? We've started with a great win. James Smith is awesome, he scored 158 while Moffat scored 104 in our first innings although the rest pretty much failed as we made 356. In Tassie's first innings, young promising all-rounder Glenn Cale took 3/43 while Christian took 3/52 and George took 2/62 as they scored 283. We bowled them out for 239 in their second innings, Cullen Bailey finding some good form with 5/67 while Cale took 3/42 and Haberfield 2/50. Cranmer then hit 50* down the order to get us just over the line, winning by 4 wickets although the scorecard wasn't great.

Smith 2 (10)
Cooper 46 (94)
Norris+ 0 (4)
Klinger* 24 (40)
Moffatt 28 (53)
Cranmer 50* (72)
Cale 6 (21)
Christian 9* (30)
Bailey DNB
George DNB
Haberfield DNB

167/6

I just finished the group stages of a World Cup playing as New Zealand.

This is how the quarter-finals line-up:

Pak (1) - Bng (4)
Zim (2) - Ind (3)
NZ (3) - SA (2)
SL (4) - Eng (1)

Zim finished second in group A, and Bng 4th in group B.

IIRC Zim bet Australia by around 150 runs, and I lost to Canada by almost 100 runs. Zim also bet SL, hence how they managed to finish 2nd.

It seemed like every 3rd match was an upset.

Some of the line-ups were a bit strange, e.g. Zim weren't playing their best player, Ray Price.

Yea Zimbabwe are overpowered in the game. I always lose to them :p

Thats a good effort to make the quarter finals. I also lost to Zimbabwe, by 2 runs. Nathan McCullum was a beast for me though, got like 15 wickets and some handy lower order runs.

Finally got arounnd to giving ICC2010 a run. Finding it a lot hardern than 06. So I have had to play on easy at least til I get grip on things.

My hants team in the 2011 season.
icchants2011.png

icchants2011part2.png

Won all 4 titles again :cheers

ICC2006 : Finished my 2041 season. Made a repeat of my 2039 season by winning all 4 titles. :cheers In fact, it took me 33 seasons :D to win all 4 titles as season after season I was struggling to make it a Perfect 4....but now just into the alternate season I made it again.

( 2040 season I finished 4th in CC & won the other 3 titles )

County Championship

fmoxdu.jpg

Last edited:
I started a game the other day with New Zealand, using just Auckland players. (ICC 2010)

We gave a pretty good account of ourselves in the T20 World Cup. In our first match we were well on top of Sri Lanka for most of it, but they scored 40 inside the last four overs to win it with four balls remaining. We then dispatched easily of Zimbabwe making the super eights.

In our first match there we again got close to an upset, as South Africa needed 19 and a half overs to chase down our target. Next up was Pakistan, and they put 190 on us, but in the end we were only 20 runs short. Our final game was against England, and a poor batting effort handed the match to them.

We managed to be competitive in three of our four major matches.

Next up was the South Africa tour, where we lose every match...

We got smashed by an innings in the first test, but in the second test we posted over 400 in our first innings. Hopkins and de Grandhomme put on 201 for the sixth wicket with both of them scoring centuries, de Grandhomme's with a S/R of 70. They were far too good again with the bat posting 550 declared, and we collapsed handing them a nine wicket win.

In all of the ODIs we were competitive without getting that close to winning. Both of the first ones were five wicket loses, which were pretty solid hit outs. Onto the last match, and they posted 330... We has no show so I chucked everyone on 6/7 aggression, and someone we managed to get up to 290, with Kitchen scoring a run a ball 70, and Mills scoring a run a ball 50 after going for 96 runs off his ten overs.

In our final match of the tour we were beaten easily in the T20I. Amla smashed 90 off 50 as they posted 190, and we were like 40 runs short.

Raval's been a massive fail as well, despite his high rating. He's yet to do anything worthwhile, despite playing in most of our matches.

Raval averages 40 in tests and 28 in ODIs for me...quite fail really.

How is 40 in tests a fail?

IIRC that's better than everyone in our current team, except Ryder.

Compared to the rest of my side it's quite low. For an NZ opener it's pretty good though. ODIs he's crap.

If you take away his test and ODIs from his record, he averages like 70 in FC and 50 in OD lol

Users who are viewing this thread