How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Shuvo Stars in Clean Sweep

Bangladesh dominated the Windies in the ODI series winning all 5 games. The first ODI was really close, Bangladesh managing to defend 175, bowling out West Indies for 164, Suhrawadi Shuvo taking 4/36. Alam and Reza also took 2 wickets each. In the second ODI, West Indies managed to score 286/6 from their 50 overs, with Barath scoring 91 and Ramdin hitting a quickfire 63*, with Shuvo the only bowler to really bowl well, taking 2/41. Iqbal and Al Hasan guided Bangladesh home to a stunning win, Iqbal scoring 86 and Al Hasan nearly had his first ODI century in a long time but finished on 99* as Bangladesh won by 4 wickets with 8 balls remaining.

Raqibul Hasan was brought in for the third ODI and made the most of his opportunity scoring a great century as Bangaldesh made 336/8 with Iqbal making 89 and Hom 60. Al Hasan then took 4/71 with support from Shuvo who took 2/47 as the West Indies were bowled out for 267. West Indies were rolled for 121 in the fourth ODI thanks to Al Hasan's 4/24 and Shuvo's 3/38 as Bangladesh chased it down easily, Hom leading the way with 58*. In the final ODI, Hasan again scored big with 77 and the tail wagged, as Bangladesh made 281 not out after being 5/194. West Indies had no chance, being bowled out for 94, Shuvo taking 3/14 and Mahmudullah 2/10.

The pick of the Bangladesh batsman in the series was Raqibul Hasan who scored 210 runs @ 70 in his 3 games. The pick of the bowlers was Suhrawadi Shuvo who took 14 wickets @ 12.57 to take his ODI bowling average to 20.78. Al Hasan was also very good in the series scoring 161 runs @ 53.67 and taking 9 wickets @ 17.89. The biggest disappointments of the series were the 2 young guns, Naz and Isar who made no impact at at all in the series, Naz with scores of 9, 5 and 12 in his 3 matches and Isar who did a litlte better but not much better scoring 34, 24 and 13 in his 3 matches. Rahim was given the chance to open the batting in the final ODI and got off to a start scoring 22 but it was probably not enough to make that a permanent position.

Reza All-Round Performance Helps Bangladesh Win in 1st Test

Bangladesh vs New Zealand was up next and the first test was one to look forward to. Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat and Iqbal and Isar got them off to a solid start before Iqbal edged Thornton behind for 43. Solid partnerships were the characteristics of Bangladesh's innings but nobody really went onto make a big score apart from Isar who scored 135 as Haque and Jubair down the order helped Bangladesh get to 386. New Zealand's innings was nothing special as they were bowled out for 251, Kitchen top scoring with 63. Shuvo and Al Hasan took 7 wickets between them to really give Bangladesh a chance of winning. In Bangladesh's second innings, Iqbal, Isar and Naz got out pretty early, as did Al Hasan as Bangladesh fell to 4/72. Hom and Reza put on a massive 233 run unbeaten partnership to guide the Bangladeshi's to a solid total of 305/4, setting New Zealand a target of over 400 runs. Hom had finished on 151* while Reza had finished 102*.

New Zealand couldn't hold the Bangladeshi's out though as Reza ripped through them with 5/39 with support from Jubair and Shuvo who both took 2/25 as New Zealand were bowled out for 104, giving Bangladesh a 336 run win. Reza would have felt hard done by not to receive the MOTM award for his 102*, 22, 5/39 and 2/52 rather than Hom who had scored 151* and 30.

Iqbal, Hasan and Al Hasan Star in Dominating Performance

Well Bangladesh completely ripped through New Zealand in the first ODI. Batting first, Bangladesh made a huge 358/6, Iqbal scoring 117 off 93 balls and Raqibul Hasan making 107 from 94 balls, the 2 involved in a huge 202 run 2nd wicket partnership. Isar had made 24 at the top of the order and contributions from Hom with 44 and Rahim with 41* got them to that huge total. New Zealand had no chance chasing it, bowled out for 150. Ziaur Rahman, playing in his first ODI for a fair few years failed badly, going for 32 runs in his 3 overs but Al Hasan was on the money, taking 7/34, which included 4 wickets in his last 5 balls, including a hattrick. Jubair also took 1/22 and both Shuvo and Haque took 1/28.

----------

Stunning Spinning Performance Seals Series

Bangladesh would have thought they'd have no chance of defending 139 but a great economical and wicket taking performance from all the spinners, bowled New Zealand out for 125 in the 43rd over. Jubair and Alam started the innings with 0/8 (3) and 0/4 (2) respectively but then it was all the spinners, as Shuvo took 3/30 from his 10 overs, Al Hasan took 1/33 from 10, Haque took 3/32 from 7.3 and Mahmudullah was probably the best bowler behind Shuvo who took 3/28 from 10 although Shuvo bowled to the better batsman, taking the wickets of McCullum, Ryder and Williamson. New Zealand's most expensive bowler, Jonathan Tennison somehow took the MOTM award although he did get 4 wickets but went at 6 an over.

It's was the first game of Challenge Trophy with Lancashire and surprised that Freddie was injured for 24 weeks. Can't believe! We won the toss and chosen to bat. In a remarkable change of tempo, Horton made 53 in an opening stand of 92 in 17 overs with Moore. Horton was striking about 89 while Moore at 77. When it came to the real thing, Moore seemed to be out of touch, playing and missing regularly before driving his first boundary off the 15th ball he faced. He was then dismissed for 39 (lbw) but replay shows it wasn't. Chilton struggled a bit and was bowled by Schofield for 10 off 21 balls. That was the signal for Horton to crack on with one of the best innings he played. Eight overs were remaining and we took the Powerplay on 32nd over. An hundred from Paul Horton and blistering 49 from Chanderpaul enables to reach 216 with the loss of 3 wickets in 40 overs.

Kinda stupid. 2014 T20 WC, I have Pakistan and South Africa in my group (I'm New Zealand). Sri Lanka have Bangladesh and Bermuda. How is that fair?

Second Innings​

Chasing a revised target of 216 in 40 overs, the Surrey battled bravely without ever threatening to turn the contest on its head. Opener Davies and Brown ensured Surrey did well against our makeshift new-ball pairing of Anderson and Chapple. They started up well, 73 runs from first 10 overs. Sajid Mahmood took a wicket in his first over, His fourth delivery had Brown brilliantly caught by Croft, diving far to his left. Davies hit 55 off 48 balls, sharing in a rousing second-wicket partnership of 48 in nine overs with Younis before Davies was bowled when Anderson produced a superb delivery which nipped back at Davies and trimmed his leg bail. Younis drove Chapple into the timber-framed pavilion to bring up the 150 in the 24th over. Younis brought his 50 up in the 27over with a huge on-driven six off O'Brien. An over later Sajid Mahmood had Afzaal caught on the long-on boundary by Horton for 23. Batting powerplay have been taken and they just need 21 runs with 8 overs remaining. As you all would think they won the game by 7 wickets.

Part 1

Kinda stupid. 2014 T20 WC, I have Pakistan and South Africa in my group (I'm New Zealand). Sri Lanka have Bangladesh and Bermuda. How is that fair?

Hmm, just sent an e-mail about that, because it's not right.

Re other ICC matters, should have some good news coming shortly.

That's good to hear :) Remember that if you need someone to look through the database, I'm always willing to help. (if you don't forget, like you did last year :p)

Sureshot is, I'm one of the people who posts on their forums a lot, trying to help people with their problems and finding all the bugs and database errors in new games.

Last year Sureshot pm-ed me over there saying that he wanted me to help with the database before the release so that there would be fewer errors, but then forgot when the time came around :p

Well you guys sure are doing a superb job :thumbs It's personally one of my favourite games. My only criticism would be since ICC08, nothing new really has been implemented apart from the Aussie Domestic season.

Yeah, last year got complicated and I forgot I asked a couple of people to help. It gets very busy when getting the DB ready (though everyone seems to think we spend no time on it, it isn't in the least bit true).

Smurf - Myself and Aus5892 (who isn't around PC as much as he was, and used to be a moderator here) have been working on the game since mid 2008. We both work on the DB and testing, along with some other things, on top of that I'm Techie Support and being a very small team, help out wherever needed. In fact, it's prompted me to change careers, fantastic experience, Chris and the rest of the team are great to work with.

Since 08 it's been an interesting time for us, in 2009, Empire went bust, they owned all the rights to the game, Chris managed to buy the rights, but it was pretty close to not being able to release 2009, let alone make big improvements to the game, being independent gives us much more development freedom, which is great and we started that well with the Aus season last year. I've enjoyed seeing how we approach the game has changed, bringing the iPhone version was superb and we want to expand on to other platforms. Whilst some of the expectations of us are unrealistic (such as, a whole new graphical system, every single league, tournament, etc, all in one year, for example), we are making changes for the better and we're moving forward.

I know I'm biassed, but I genuinely believe things are changing for the better, not just for now, but for the future of the series.

----

Chewie, can you tell me what the ODI rankings are in your game (where you and Bangladesh are), a seeding system is used, just to rule out the possibility of it being a bug, or whether we need to actually adjust the system. With a 12 team tournament, it's always going to be a bit unfair on someone, as only 2 groups will have associates. With Bangladesh having the ability to improve (and I think they are a bit too good in the game), it can distort it a little.

1. South Africa 29
2. India 26
3. Australia 24
4. Sri Lanka 22
5. New Zealand 22
6. England 17
7. Pakistan 14
8. West Indies 13
9. Bangladesh 11
10. Zimbabwe 2

Smurf - Myself and Aus5892 (who isn't around PC as much as he was, and used to be a moderator here) have been working on the game since mid 2008. We both work on the DB and testing, along with some other things, on top of that I'm Techie Support and being a very small team, help out wherever needed. In fact, it's prompted me to change careers, fantastic experience, Chris and the rest of the team are great to work with.

Since 08 it's been an interesting time for us, in 2009, Empire went bust, they owned all the rights to the game, Chris managed to buy the rights, but it was pretty close to not being able to release 2009, let alone make big improvements to the game, being independent gives us much more development freedom, which is great and we started that well with the Aus season last year. I've enjoyed seeing how we approach the game has changed, bringing the iPhone version was superb and we want to expand on to other platforms. Whilst some of the expectations of us are unrealistic (such as, a whole new graphical system, every single league, tournament, etc, all in one year, for example), we are making changes for the better and we're moving forward.

I know I'm biassed, but I genuinely believe things are changing for the better, not just for now, but for the future of the series.

Well you've done a brilliant job so far :thumbs Worth every penny. Was your first game ICC08? Cos there were some gameplay changes between ICCIII and ICC08 (easier menu, worm graph, easier to change the field, nicer layout) that had made the playing experience a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread