How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Which of the teams would you guys say is the best Aussie Domestic Team? I'm thinking of going to NSW, but when Australia are playing, I wont have a team! Lol

Victoria are pretty good but lots of their players get picked for Aus

WA are fairly good as well

TAS only get a few picked for Aus and are decent

QLD are fairly average but have good bowlers and no one gets picked for Aus until a few seasons in

stay away from SA

The real ways to free up more money can only be done at the completion of a season. They are:

1. Winning comps (Catch-22 obviously as you may need a better squad for that). As you're Worcs you'll have no trouble winning Division 2 :p...but unfortunately I don't think that counts.

It appears you don't have to win the comp to get a bonus. In my Northants save (ICC09) I notice that we got a 10K bonus start of 2009 for the Pro League - in which we were cellar-dwellers (aka came last). More significantly we got 30K for coming 4th in the CC Division 2!

Talk about easy money! (Only put in 6 months of back-breaking toil for it...)

Okay, I am back on my Worcestershire campaign as I didn't really like the Australia Domestic season. Drew my first County Championship game with Middlesex, now on to a game with Sussex, my only problem being Shakib has been called up for Bangladesh.

Going well in my Bangla save, here's what my performances have been recently against each side.

Test.jpg

ODI.jpg

But I finally have a solid team though. Here was my team for each year and their stats in that format.

Test 2013: (all have played 2 matches)

1. Tamim Iqbal - 370 runs @ 185, 7 wickets @ 28.29
2. G Naz - 164 runs @ 82
3. F Isar - 63 runs @ 31.5
4. Shuvagoto Hom - 83 runs @ 41.5
5. Mohammad Mahmudullah - 96 runs @ 48
6. Shakib Al Hasan - 58 runs @ 58, 4 wickets @ 11
7. Mushfiqur Rahim+ - 16 runs @ 8, 1 catch
8. Suhrawadi Shuvo - 36 runs @ 36, 15 wickets @ 13.93
9. Mohammad Sharif - 15 runs @ 7.5, 5 wickets @ 33
10. Enamul Haque - 2 runs @ 1, 3 wickets @ 34.33
11. Mahbubul Alam - 4 runs @ 2, 6 wickets @ 26

ODI 2013: (Isar has played 2, Saleh played one and the rest have played 3)

1. Tamim Iqbal - 257 runs @ 85.67, SR 140.43
2. G Naz - 152 runs @ 50.65, SR 100.66
3. F Isar - 91 runs @ 45.5, SR 113.75
4. Shakib Al Hasan - 104 runs @ 34.67, SR 100, 1 wicket @ 42
5. Mohammad Mahmudullah - 15 runs @ 5, SR 46.87, 1 wicket @ 38
6. Shuvagoto Hom - 28 runs @ 14, SR 68.29
7. Mushfiqur Rahim - 48 runs @ 24, SR 52.17
8. Suhrawadi Shuvo - 41 runs @ 13.67, SR 64.06, 9 wickets @ 11.56, ER 3.9
9. Mohammad Sharif - 4 wickets @ 31, ER 5.28
10. Enamul Haque - 3 wickets @ 36.67, ER 4.4
11. Mahbubul Alam - 7 wickets @ 17.29, ER 5.26

12. Rajin Saleh - 1 run @ 1

Ok, it's time consuming writing this all up so I'll post a few screenshots.

Last_year_Test.jpg

Last_year_ODI.jpg

Test_LY_1.jpg

ODI_LY_1.jpg

Well, one of the opponent player scored 26 runs in 1 over against me in T20. Crazy, never got beaten like that before.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 26 runs in over against me.png
    26 runs in over against me.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 42
ICC06 : Playing as Surrey

In my 2040 season, South African opener A.Williams & S.Yapp were involved in a 412 run partnership which entered into the Historical records. Also along with that I have 2 more partnerships in the Historical partnerships which had been accomplished in the past seasons.

Recp.jpg

Nice 9th wicket partnership there ;)

Rahim getting injured a while ago really made my team better. I had no real good keepers to come in and replace him but chose Dhiman Ghosh. First match playing Pakistan, we fall to 5/173 and then he scores 96 on Test debut, before being trapped in front to Riaz Afridi. Didn't bat in our second innings and took 6 catches in the match as we won by 220 runs. Again a pretty poor start, with 3 of the top 6 scoring less than 10 but Ghosh and Isar bat superbly, Isar scoring 129 while Ghosh batted through getting through to 101* as we declared 9 wickets down, although the tail batted superbly with him, Sharif with 40, Haque with 68 and Alam down at 11 making a superb 23*. Only a couple of catches this match though as we win by 9 wickets to take the series.

Made 29 in the first ODI, didn't bat in the 2nd and Rahim came in for the 3rd ODI who got out for 6. So now we play Australia, bowled out for 204 in the first innings, Ghosh making 16. Chasing 250 odd in our second innings, we fall to 6/112 (Shuvo batted up the order) but Karim (on debut) and Ghosh put on a good partnership of 104 runs, before Ghosh goes for 44 and we end up getting just over the line, winning by 1 wicket, Karim with 81. It was a dominant Bangladesh though in the second test as we bowled them out for 223. We fell to 5/113 but Isar and Ghosh both scored stunning centuries with 109 and 107 respectively to give us a total of 371, before we bowl them out for 128 in their second innings to win by an innings and 20 runs. Some players have a bright future in front of them. Even Ghosh is only 25.

So Ghosh, 4 tests, 364 runs @ 91, 2 centuries, 1 fifty
Isar, 6 tests, 468 runs @ 58.5, 3 centuries (no fifties - also made his debut in all cricket this year at 23 years of age), 5 ODIs, 166 runs @ 33.2, 1 fifty (He's been batting at 3/4 in all formats but is actually an opener so he could be pushing for that spot soon)
Naz, 15 tests, 873 runs @ 36.37, 6 fifties, 29 ODIs, 1216 runs @ 46.77, 3 centuries, 9 fifties (been playing for 3 seasons, only 21 and playing for Lancashire)

So now Iqbal's spot is under pressure with Naz piling on runs in OD cricket and Isar off to a great start to his career batting at 3 and 4 so he could be opening soon as that is his position. The oldest player to play Test cricket this season is Alam who is 29, and the next highest is 27 (Hom, Mahmudullah, Karim, Sharif)

Karim only got a callup because in his 6 FC innings so far this season, he had scored 112, 87, 96, 195 and 35. He won't be part of the OD squad though.

----------

Saleh, Rahim Dropped for ODI Series

Rajin Saleh who has mainly played as 12th man for Bangladesh over the past few years, and played 13 ODI's and 9 Tests over the past 3 years was dropped from Bangladesh's 15 man ODI squad to face Australia, with Raqibul Hasan brought in even though he has not played a single ODI in the past 3 years. He is averaging 42.33 in 3 OD matches this season but could he continue the form on the big stage if he gets his chance. Mushfiqur Rahim was dropped as well, Bangladesh going with just the one keeper this time around as Rahim missed the first 2 ODIs of the Pakistan series with injuries before coming back in for the third ODI but failing so Dhiman Ghosh is Bangladesh's keeper for this series and will want to latch onto this opportunity. Naeem Islam comes back into the squad. Meanwhile, Talha Jubair will be still waiting to play his first ODI for Bangladesh for 3 seasons as Alam, Sharif, Shuvo and Haque playing in every match for the past 2 years. The 15 man squad for the series with Australia is as follows:

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal (Captain), Shakib Al Hasan (Vice Captain), Mahbubul Alam, Dhiman Ghosh, Enamul Haque, Raqibul Hasan, Shuvagoto Hom, F Isar, Naeem Islam, Talha Jubair, Mohammad Mahmudullah, G Naz, Nazimuddin, Mohammad Sharif, Suhrawadi Shuvo

Australia: Phil Hughes (Captain), Doug Bollinger, Mark Cosgrove, Alan Eccelstone, John Hastings, Ben Hilfenhaus, Phil Jaques, Mitchell Johnson, Usman Khawaja, Andrew McDonald, Clint McKay, Marcus North, Peter Siddle, Steven Smith, Shane Watson

----------

Australia win Thriller in First ODI

Australia won by 2 runs in the first ODI in a match the bowlers dominated. Hughes made 75 for Australia but apart from that, there wasn't much as Australia finished 223/8. Tamim Iqbal played the role of the sheet anchor, not much like himself as the top order collapsed around him but a solid partnership between himself and Mahmudullah kept them in it. Mahmudullah scored 54 before he was finally dismissed but once Ghosh got out, Iqbal panicked and got himself out for 88, off 133 balls. It was still in the balance but only 1 run came off the 49th over meant a big last over was needed. 10 runs were scored off it but it wasn't enough though as Australia won by 2 runs, Hastings taking 3/37. Jubair is likely to get his first chance after Sharif was hammered at the end of the match, taking 0/46 off 8 overs. Naz is really out of form though with only 28 runs in his last 3 ODI innings and it is possible that he will be dropped bringing Isar up to open the batting and either Nazimuddin or Hasan would slot in the middle order.

First ODI: Australia 223/8 (Hughes 75, Haque 3/41, Shuvo 2/37) def. Bangaldesh 221/8 (Iqbal 88, Mahmudullah 54, Hastings 3/37, McKay 2/32) by 2 runs

In my Northants save (ICC09), I had an all-time 10th wicket partnership record in my FIRST YEAR!

With 3 international all-rounders (Hall, Boje and van der Wath) and a couple of good part-timers when in form (Sales and Rob White), plus another batting all-rounder who was always in the team (Crook), I often selected a team that batted down to 11. On this occasion Rob White had the dubious honour. In partnership with keeper Wessels (or someone I can't remember), he made a century at 11, in a partnership of 180.:cheers

Al Hasan Hattrick Guides Bangladesh Home

Bangladesh came back strongly in the second ODI to level the series after some great bowling from the spinners. Bangladesh made 2 changes to the side, Naz dropped for Nazimuddin and Isar was moved up to the opening position while Jubair came in for Sharif. They got off to a good start with Iqbal making 20 off 25 but it was Naz who starred scoring a half century. The Bangladesh middle order collapsed though, Hom 13, Mahmudullah 4, Al Hasan 24 and Nazimuddin 7. Ghosh and Shuvo put on a good partnership though scoring 31 and 32 respectively while Haque scored 26 and Alam scored 17 as they made a decent total of 236. Phil Hughes went out firing though and only 2 wickets in the space of 2 overs from Mahmudullah and Shuvo got the 2 openers out, Hughes scoring 77. The spinners took control of the match from there, as only Smith showed any resistance, with Shakib Al Hasan taking 5/29, including a hattrick with the wickets of Watson, Hastings and Johnson. Shuvo meanwhile took 2/39 off 9, Haque took 2/37 off 7 and Mahmudullah took 1/32 off 7 overs. The 2 pace bowlers weren't the best, Jubair with 0/27 from 5 and Alam 0/22 off 5. Nazimuddin will likely be dropped with 43 runs @ 14.33 in 4 ODIs this year with a HS of 23. Raqibul Hasan will likely make his debut for the last ODI.

Second ODI: Bangladesh 236 all out (Isar 52, Watson 3/33, Johnson 3/52) def. Australia 189 all out (Hughes 77, Al Hasan 5/29, Shuvo 2/38) by 47 runs

Khawaja Century not Enough to Deny Bangladesh

Iqbal's nervous 80's continued as he scored 83, as Bangladesh made a huge total of 323/6, Isar scoring 66, Hom 43, Mahmudullah 39 and Al Hasan 43*. Iqbal now has scored in the 80's 3 times this year in ODIs with scores of 87, 88 and 83. Khawaja was in top form for Australia as he scored 109 off only 91 balls, with Al Hasan again the star with the ball taking 4/51 while Shuvo continued his great form with figures of 3/47. He's averaging under 15 with the ball this year in both ODIs and Tests. A career bowling average of 22 in International cricket (both ODI's and Tests) is very good for a finger spinner. He will likely be Bangaldesh's most successful spinner and a test batting average of 28 isn't too bad either batting down at 8. Meanwhile Jubair's horror start to his ODI season continued as he bowled 3 overs for 24 runs. Australia were bowled out for 223, 100 runs short as Bangladesh take a memorable series win. Shakib Al Hasan took the player of the series award for his performances of 2/39, 5/29 and 4/51 with the ball and 24, 24 and 43* with the bat. Bangladesh's next series is with England and they will be looking to continue their great run of form there.

Third ODI: Bangladesh 323/6 (Iqbal 83, Isar 66, Watson 2/54) def. Australia 223 all out (Khawaja 109, Al Hasan 4/51, Shuvo 3/47) by 100 runs

Nice 9th wicket partnership there ;)

Ya....:p If I remember correctly....I was trailing by some 170+ runs and by the end of 3rd day I slipped to 8 down.....I was ahead by hardly some 5 runs...facing defeat...when these 2 guys... batted....batted....batted on the 4th day to force a draw......when both were out I think...some 1 hour play was left :p

Al Hasan Doubtful with Broken Finger

Bangladesh all-rounder, Shakib Al Hasan is doubtful for the first test with England after suffering a broken finger. It will be touch and go and with a 12 man squad for the first test being named, Bangladesh had to decide whether they took Al Hasan. They ended up not risking it with Karim and Nazimuddin both in the squad so either one would play, with Shakib going to come back for the 2nd test. Here is their 12 man squad along with England's squad:

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal (Captain), G Naz, Shuvagoto Hom, F Isar, Mohammad Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan, Dhiman Ghosh, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Mohammad Sharif, Enamul Haque, Mahbubul Alam, Mahbubul Karim

England: Peter Coleman, Norman Bird, Ken Richards, Brian Williamson, Tom Rickman, Fred Hancock, Kevin Pietersen, Christian Clews, Graeme Swann, Stuart Broad, Graham Onions, James Anderson, Michael Nethercott, Monty Panesar, Steven Finn

Players to Watch Out For:

Bangladesh:

Tamim Iqbal - The Bangladeshi skipper has been in emphatic form this season in both test cricket and ODI cricket and even after a bad test series with Australia, he will be looking to bounce back. He has scored 652 Test runs @ 81.5 so far this season in 6 matches.

Suhrawadi Shuvo - Bangladesh's best bowler, he is on top of his game at the moment, with 47 wickets @ 13.43 already this season in the 6 tests he's played. He is averaging 34.25 with the bat as well so his batting abilities down the order can come in handy in case of a Bangladeshi collapse.

England:

Tom Rickman - A hard hitting middle order batsman, after a solid debut FC season with an average of 46.45 in FC cricket and 52.83 in OD cricket earnt him a callup earlier in the season. He's looked in good touch already making his debut in the first test against Australia where he scored a century in a stunning match, which ended up resulting in a tie and since then has made 6 half centuries and in 8 matches has scored 797 runs @ 56.93.

Michael Nethercott - Derbyshire fast bowler, making his test debut last season, he looks to be the future of the English bowling attack at 23 years of age, already 60 wickets @ 25.53 in 11 tests. He hasn't shown any potential with the bat however, only 500 runs @ 13.16 in 34 FC matches.

Iqbal Stars in Bangla Victory

Bangladesh captain, Tamim Iqbal was in fine form in the first test match against England scoring 111 in the first innings and 52* in the second as Bangladesh recorded a 10 wicket win to go 1 up in the series. Batting first, England did pretty well scoring 347, Richards making 77 at #3 while Pietersen made 65* down at 7 to prove he should be batting higher than that. Haque was the star with the ball, taking 4/73. Naz had been dropped down the order while Isar was finally given his chance to open the batting in Test cricket and made full use of it, putting on a 193 run opening stand which Iqbal dominated before Isar finally got out for 76 coming off 207 balls. Iqbal went soon after for a magnificent 111, with 13 boundaries and 2 sixes in his huge knock. Hom got off to a decent start but couldn't go on, out for 20, as his poor season continued. Naz reacted strongly to his drop down the order though with an unbeaten 113 batting at 4 while Mahmudullah and Karim both scored in the 30's, probably not enough for Karim to regain his spot before Ghosh got himself out for only 1. Shuvo made full use of some time at the middle, always running out of partners when he looks good but went on to make 67, getting out right as Naz brought up his hundred. Sharif also made a nice 26 as Bangladesh posted a huge total of 509. Haque was on his game again taking 3/57 as England were bowled out for 254, half centuries for both openers and 38 for Rickman the only real scores, Sharif, Alam and Mahmudullah taking 2 wickets a piece, with Shuvo taking the only other wicket. Iqbal and Isar did it easily, chasing down 93 without loss, Iqbal 52* while Isar was content to stay there finishing on 37*.

With such a poor season, is Hom's spot at the top of the order under pressure? With Al Hasan coming back in, will they choose to drop Hom rather than Karim who has had a decent start to his international career, averaging 33.5 in his 3 matches. The bigger question is when Shuvo will get a promotion? Will Ghosh drop down to 8 after that dreadful innings only scoring 1 run. Meanwhile England will have to regroup, to win the final game and level the series.

Isar Takes Series for Bangladesh

Isar was in subliminal touch as he made a pair of centuries, 104 in the first innings before backing that up with 115 in the second innings. Put into bat on a very overcast day, Iqbal and Isar were superb as they batted throughout the whole first day (with some help from the rain) before Isar finally went for 104. Naz and Iqbal batted well before Iqbal was the next casualty, out for 134 to score his 4th test century this season. Naz batting at #3 was unfortunately run out for 35 as he looked to another test century. Al Hasan looked in good touch for his fifty while Hom who had been dropped down the order batted well but finished 44* as he ran out of partners, Bangladesh bowled out for 421.

Richards starred for England with the bat, scoring 101 as England made 359 all out, Shuvo taking 5/89 as the game headed towards a draw which would have meant a Bangaldesh series win. Iqbal fell early though for 14 but Isar and Naz battled well before Naz fell for 40 but Isar continued onwards towards yet another century. Al Hasan didn't give him much support but Mahmudullah got into the action though as he helped Isar through on his way to another century, out for 115, now his 5th test century in 8 games. Hom and Shuvo batted pretty well scoring 40 and 35 but it was Mahmudullah all the way as he scored a stunning 145 as Bangladesh just looked to bat out and they did so, finishing 447/8, Swann the best bowler with 4/104. The player of the series ended up being award jointly between Iqbal and Isar, who both scored 2 centuries and a half century in their 4 innings, Isar scoring 332 runs @ 110.67 and Iqbal 311 runs @ 103.67. Bangladesh have now moved up to 6th in the ICC test rankings, Iqbal the #1 test batsman with Isar at #3 with Australia's keeper, Alan Ecclestone seperating them. Shuvo meanwhile will be looking to top either the Test or ODI bowling rankings, currently sitting in 2nd place in both.

Bangladesh Name Squad for ODI Series

It seems like the keeping spot for Bangladesh is still not yet confirmed as they swap around again with Rahim back in the side, Ghosh dropped after only scoring 49 runs in the ODI series against Australia. No other changes were made to the side though, Raqibul Hasan still keeping his spot. So here is the Bangladesh squad.

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal (Captain), Shakib Al Hasan (Vice Captain), Mahbubul Alam, Enamul Haque, Raqibul Hasan, Shuvagoto Hom, F Isar, Naeem Islam, Talha Jubair, Mohammad Mahmudullah, G Naz, Nazimuddin, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Sharif, Suhrawadi Shuvo

Users who are viewing this thread