How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Yeah, Finch was about 39, Wade and Wingfield about 37 I think and Pattinson and Hunter were 35. Thought I would have got another season or 2 out of Hunter at least. Finch was going downhill though, I would have dropped him had he not retired.

Started a save with India. Did quite well in the t20 world cup, reached to the finals but lost to New Zealand in the finals by 6 runs. Next series vs Bangladesh tied the test series 1-1. Now, time for the odi's!

Just started a Cricket Captain as Worcestershire, i'm playing it on the iPod touch (btw, if you have an iPod touch I highly recommend getting it on that rather than the computer as it's the same game about ?12 cheaper). Brought I.Bakewell (RFM bowler) and he is doing okay atm. Bowled Middlesex out for 286 in the first innings and managed a nice 230 in reply with Alex Kerveeze getting 75. Middlesex about 62/2 in there second innings, Alan Richardson is bowling well having taken about 6 wickets in the match. Should be able to win it if I can bowl Middlesex out for about 220/240, if they get more than that I think I might be looking at batting out for the draw!

Just started a Cricket Captain as Worcestershire, i'm playing it on the iPod touch (btw, if you have an iPod touch I highly recommend getting it on that rather than the computer as it's the same game about ?12 cheaper). Brought I.Bakewell (RFM bowler) and he is doing okay atm. Bowled Middlesex out for 286 in the first innings and managed a nice 230 in reply with Alex Kerveeze getting 75. Middlesex about 62/2 in there second innings, Alan Richardson is bowling well having taken about 6 wickets in the match. Should be able to win it if I can bowl Middlesex out for about 220/240, if they get more than that I think I might be looking at batting out for the draw!

unrelated; I think your Username and sig are gun.

A lot of enjoyment come from playing each match, watching highlights and paying close attention to tactics. It takes a long time but makes every match much more exciting.

Bottom of County Championship Div 2, 2rd from bottom in the Pro40, haven't played a T20 match yet. Anybody know how regens work? Is it when your player retires he is replace by a regen in the youths? Also, after my first season, do I get to choose my overseas for the season? Or do I stick with Shakib Al-Hasan for Worcs? One last question, how many season can you play on the iPod? Is it the same as the comp?

You'll automatically get a number of regen players near the end of the season, irrespective of the number of players who will retire. You get to choose new overseas players if you want. And I guess you should be able to play unlimited seasons like on the PC

Picked up icc10 yesterday for $20, never really been an icc man but I thought I would give it a try just to see how the game has progressed (last version i bought was 06)

Been giving it a bit of a flog today and started off with a NZ save on normal only to find myself get rolled in both my T-20 WC pool matches. I batted first in both matches and struggled to post a worrying total for the opposition. 4-126 and 7/130 were my two innings totals and both scores were chased by the opposition in 15/16 odd overs...

I know T/20's are hit and miss but anyone got any good tips on batting and restricting the flow of runs?

Brought this game for my old laptop today as I really could not cope with my clumsy fingers on the iPod. Started a save as Worcestershire (Support them) and realised they are one of the worst teams in the game! Started out with 19,500 salary and realised all that would buy me is some youth team seamers with bowling averages of 50+, so I kindly said no and carried on. My question is, how do you earn money on this game? Because I was looking at the overseas to see if Shane Watson was on there (who does he play for on the game btw?) and he was going at 125,000 salary!! That seems years off from where i'm standing. Is there any team to start with who have that kind of money?

Oh and first game was a County Championship Div 2 match and it ended as a draw, I was on top throughout and a bit dissapointed to have drawn! Both openers Mitchell and Solanki hit 100's in the first innings followed by a handy 50 from young keeper Ben Cox.

Worcestershire is the worst team - check out the story Callum, Brendon and I did on them.

Most teams start with around 10k-50k of money at the start - you can get more by winning competitions or by firing some players (so you don't have to pay their wages). But you can only fire players at the end of the season

Picked up icc10 yesterday for $20, never really been an icc man but I thought I would give it a try just to see how the game has progressed (last version i bought was 06)

Been giving it a bit of a flog today and started off with a NZ save on normal only to find myself get rolled in both my T-20 WC pool matches. I batted first in both matches and struggled to post a worrying total for the opposition. 4-126 and 7/130 were my two innings totals and both scores were chased by the opposition in 15/16 odd overs...

I know T/20's are hit and miss but anyone got any good tips on batting and restricting the flow of runs?

The first rule of limited overs: if in doubt, be even more defensive (in bowling lack-of-aggressiveness and field placing).

Always bowl to all the batsman's weaknesses. If they don't have a weakness, still don't bowl good length or middle stump. Can't go wrong (in this case) with full outside off.

Set your own fields (at least once a batsman gets going).

I think the most defensive default field for pace has a fine third man and a short fine leg. Don't find them very useful - better off putting them somewhere sensibler.

For more details check out the ICC09 Tactics thread.

Brought this game for my old laptop today as I really could not cope with my clumsy fingers on the iPod. Started a save as Worcestershire (Support them) and realised they are one of the worst teams in the game! Started out with 19,500 salary and realised all that would buy me is some youth team seamers with bowling averages of 50+, so I kindly said no and carried on. My question is, how do you earn money on this game? Because I was looking at the overseas to see if Shane Watson was on there (who does he play for on the game btw?) and he was going at 125,000 salary!! That seems years off from where i'm standing. Is there any team to start with who have that kind of money?

The only way to get more money at the start of the game is by reducing the coaching, physio and youth team budgets. The most this will get you is an extra 60 thou. And it's not a good idea - especially with physio.

The real ways to free up more money can only be done at the completion of a season. They are:

1. Winning comps (Catch-22 obviously as you may need a better squad for that). As you're Worcs you'll have no trouble winning Division 2 :p...but unfortunately I don't think that counts.

2. Not renewing contracts (of players who are useless to you and whose contracts have expired). Ker-ching - free money!

3. Terminating contracts (of players who are useless to you and whose contracts you can't bear to wait for the expiry of). I think you only get half their (next year) salary back.

I've heard the minimum squad size is 18. I don't think the game can cope (ie. it crashes) if you don't have 11 available players due to injuries and international callups. Seldom get more than two injuries at a time (in my experience which adds up to about three seasons)

So I'm not sure how many seasons it'll be till you can afford Watto! Might pay to consider other options as well.

Good luck. (You may need it :p)

PS: If you click on Watson it'll tell you who he plays for. If not, check cricinfo as the game is (nearly) accurate to the real-life 2010 season.

If you have less than 18 players and you have no money, the computer automatically drafts in some terrible youth players. It may be worth it to stop paying youth team money until you've got a semi decent team. On the other hand, if you increase it you could get an especially gun player who takes you to titles.

ICC06 : 2040 season

So, after winning all the 4 titles last season, doing pretty good at the half way mark this season.

County Championship : Find myself at No.2. In fact, those 2 losses came against Notts & Derbys itself. Got to be consistent in the remainder of the season if my team is to retain the CC title for the 8th consecutive time.

Srpt.jpg

Which of the teams would you guys say is the best Aussie Domestic Team? I'm thinking of going to NSW, but when Australia are playing, I wont have a team! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread