How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Another Century for Tamim Iqbal

Tamim Iqbal's outstanding form continued as he piled on the runs yet again, scoring 126 before he was run out by Mahmudullah. All the other batsman meanwhile scored in double figures, Isar with 48 opening the batting, Hom 37 while Rahim didn't do too badly back in the squad, scoring 20 off 24 balls. Shuvo continues to push for a promotion meanwhile as he scored 29* off 24 balls as Bangladesh finished with 320/7. Haque and Shuvo then ripped through England taking 7 wickets between them to bowl England out for 189, only Rickman making the most of an excellent pitch, scoring 65*.

First ODI: Bangladesh 320/7 (Iqbal 126, Isar 48, Onions 3/56) def. England 189 all out (Rickman 65*, Haque 4/55, Shuvo 3/52) by 131 runs

----------

England Level Series

Shakib Al Hasan starred for Bangladesh but it wasn't enough as they lost by 6 wickets. Iqbal and Isar both couldn't score big runs at the top of the order for a change but Naz and Al Hasan got them back in the game, Naz finally out for 54 before Hom, Mahmudullah and Shuvo got out in quick succession. Al Hasan nearly scored a century but fell 9 runs short as his century-less run continued, while Rahim made 25 down at 8, Bangladesh all out for 219. Even good tight bowling in the middle overs from the spinners couldn't prevent England from getting over the line though, as they chased it down with 6 wickets in hand and 19 balls to spare. Haque was the pick of the bowlers with 2/46 from his 10 overs.

Second ODI: England 220/4 (Clews 61, Bird 58, Haque 2/46) def. Bangladesh 219 all out (Al Hasan 91, Naz 54, Broad 4/60, Nethercott 3/41) by 6 wickets with 19 balls remaining

----------

Well I've gotten bored of doing these writeups so I lost the last ODI by 25 runs, Isar scoring 65 but noone supported him apart from Shuvo at the end who scored 25. Haque starred with the ball for us though with 4/32 while Mahmudullah took 4/33 but he took the last 3 wickets.

God this Isar guy is gun. My highest individual test score before this match (with Bangla) was 184* with Tamim Iqbal and Isar comes out and hits a massive 301* with 40 fours and 1 six as we make 608 all out. (As I won the first Test, I'm just aiming for a draw this match). We actually ended up winning the match as we bowled them out for 242 and 314 even though Jaques scored centuries in both innings. Shuvo and Jubair starred with 5/67 and 4/56 in the first innings respectively and Shuvo took 3/48 in the second innings while Jubair took 4/77 although was massively expensive going at a run a ball for his first 5 overs and had an ER of 4.53 in his 17.1 overs. Normally I don't like playing medium pacers but Jubair has starred in this series as I finally gave him a game and has taken 2/40, 5/97, 4/56 and 4/77 in his 4 innings, 15 wickets @ 18. btw, Haque completely failed in the test series, 1/38, 0/47, 0/24 and 0/60 from his 4 bowling innings. His ODI record though this season has been excellent.

Test match career records (Current Test squad, Saleh and Ghosh excluded)

2j3pocm.jpg

ODI career records (Current ODI squad, Saleh and Ghosh excluded)

x5e1au.jpg

Hey Brendon, just a suggestion but imo you've got enough material for a story there. If you don't think it's enough to be a story, it's surely enough to have its own thread. :)

probably do but people will be annoyed at me for starting another story. I already have 3 running (my Australian cricksim one, my Career Diary one and then the Worcestershire battle)

Anyway, I don't think I'll be updating really much any more. Maybe an update for every season.

Ok, new season, no new regens are coming into the squad. It's going to be a poor year with only 7 Tests and 14 ODIs.

I play West Indies first up in 3 tests and 5 ODIs
Then I have the T20 World Cup in Australia. I have Sri Lanka and Bermuda in my group.
Then I play New Zealand at home in October in 2 Tests, 3 ODIs and a T20I.
I then go to India to play them in 2 Tests and 3 ODIs
And then I finally play Zimbabwe in 3 ODIs.

Squad for test series in West Indies:

Tamim Iqbal (Captain)
G Naz
Shuvagoto Hom
F Isar
Nazimuddin
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mohammad Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Farhad Resa
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Talha Jubair
Mahbubul Alam
Enamul Haque
Mohammad Sharif

Player News:

G Naz has got an overseas contract with Glamorgan.
Shuvagoto Hom will be playing with Warwickshire in 2014
F Isar is also playing with Northamptonshire
Mushfiqur Rahim is going to play for Essex
Shakib Al Hasan also will play for Derbyshire
Mohammad Sharif is the final Bangladeshi player playing English county, with a contract at Leicestershire

Well looking at the records, I've broken all the partnership records apart from the 7th wicket partnership and not surprisingly the 10th wicket partnership (because Alam can't bat at all). Here are the record partnerships.

1. 194 (Isar and Iqbal) v England 2013
2. 216 (Isar and Iqbal) v Pakistan 2013
3. 180 (Naz and Hom) v West Indies 2014 (My last game)
4. 148 (Isar and Mahmudullah) v England 2013
5. 164 (Hom and Saleh) v New Zealand 2012
6. 196 (Isar and Ghosh) v Australia 2013
7. 145 (Al Hasan and Mahmudullah) - The closest I've gotten to that is:
131 (Shuvo and Mahmudullah) v India 2010
8. 124 (Sharif and Mahmudullah) v Sri Lanka 2012
9. 110 (Haque and Ghosh) v Pakistan 2013
10. 69 (Rafique and Hossain) - The closest I've gotten to that is:
44* (Ghosh and Alam) v Pakistan 2013

Records since 2010:

Team Records

Highest Total - 608 v Australia 2014
Lowest Total - 110 v Sri Lanka 2012

Individual Records

Highest Innings - 301 (Isar) v Australia 2014
Best Bowling (Inns) - 7-82 (Haque) v Sri Lanka 2012
Best Bowling (Match) - 12-179 (Al Hasan) v West Indies 2010

2040 season : Playing as Surrey

hmmm.....So being the County Championship title holder from the past 7 consecutive seasons and having won all 4 titles last season....looks like I am losing out on CC and Pro-League this season.:(

Right from the beginning of the season we 4 teams ( see screenshot ) are fighting around like anything :D for the CC title & now the situation is pretty much clear....I have to win all my remaining matches and hope that the others fare badly :D if I am to retain the CC.

Also Pro-League - Having won the first 2 matches....shockingly I lost the next 2. With Leics having won all their 4 matches so far...my situation has tightened.

2z8vq03.jpg

Also retained the Challenge Trophy title by beating Notts in the second consecutive CT Final between us both sides. In fact, yet again the win was achieved in a MOST CONVINCING fashion. Last season they lost by 189 runs.

2s8sefk.jpg

Last edited:
...Continued from the above post...:p

So, in my 2040 season, along with the Challenge Trophy and 20 Over Cup, also retained the Pro-League. :cheers Won all my last 4 games including one against Leics, who after 6 wins goofed up completely in the end by losing their last two games.

But its CC, which is still open. Interesting season. As right from the beginning, we 4 teams were fighting around. Now it looks like Hants have lost out as we 3 teams are still in the hunt. My game against Notts coming up.

Pro-League -

Rpt.jpg

Last edited:
No....I couldnt retain the CC title for the 8th consecutive time as Notts forced a draw...that 1 hour 15 minute rain on Day 4 really ruined my declaration strategy :mad...( I required 4 more wickets for an outright win )

However, the cunning fellow that I am :D.....I denied Notts to sneak past Derbyshire as I didnt allow them one bowling point & one batting point :D...thereby making Derbyshire the new Champs :)....they should be thankful to me :D by losing both their matches to my team next season....:p

CCf.jpg

my no. 10 batsmen scoring a century & no. 9 coming so close :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• no10 100-1.png
    no10 100-1.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 29
  • no10 100-2.png
    no10 100-2.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 29
Isar and Haque Help Take Series

In the first test between Bangladesh and the West Indies, 3 centuries were scored from Isar, Naz and Hom as Bangladesh recorded an emphatic innings and 166 run win over the West Indies while Alam took 6/50 in West Indies second innings.

The second test brought an unbelievable bowling performance though from spinner, Enamul Haque who ripped through the whole West Indies batting lineup taking a Bangladesh record of 10/71, only Jim Laker and Anil Kumble to have taken 10 wickets in an innings before him. Isar then played another blinding knock, scoring 187 to surpass 1500 test runs in only 12 matches and has an unbelievable average of 100.67. Bangladesh should drop him now so he will be the only player to have a test average over 100! West Indies tried to play Enamul Haque more carefully in the second innings but it came to no avail as Haque took 6/39 from 28.2 overs as West Indies were rolled for 115. Match figures of 16/110, what an unbelievable match from the Bangladeshi spinner.

So the third test won't mean anything with the series already settled but West Indies will be looking to take a win to not have that 3-0 scoreline forced against them.

Iqbal Fires on Flat Track

There was nothing to play for in the third test but that didn't stop the batsman from making full advantage of a batsman's paradise. Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat, which brought some memorable moments. including a massive 200 runs in the opening session, with Iqbal really firing, bringing up his hundred in only 67 balls and 95 minutes, with 3 sixes. He went onto make 161 from 127 deliveries with 18 fours and 3 sixes, a SR of 126.7. Isar made 54 off 76 while Naz was very good, scoring 69 off 68 balls before being run out. Reza on debut also made 24 off 31 balls as Bangladesh made a great total of 464. Keiron Pollard who had been left out of the first 2 games of the series made the selectors have to think as he smashed 123 off 206 balls, as West Indies made an even better 525 all out, Jubair taking 5/83 while Phillips also scored 91.

The game was obviously heading for a draw so Bangladesh just looked to score a lot of runs, Iqbal again off to a quick start, scoring 21 off 20 balls before he was dismissed and Naz was run out for the second time in the match but Isar brought that average back above 100 with a great double century, scoring 236 to now average 105.88 in Test cricket. Hom made a decent 61 but Al Hasan finally broke his draught, having not scored a century in over 3 seasons but scored 115 off 225 balls. Reza also made full use of the track scoring 84* as Bangladesh finished 559/7, as West Indies were not asked to bat again.

Bangladesh Series Stats:

F Isar - 3 matches, 610 runs @ 152.5, 3 100s, 1 50, 1 wicket @ 60
Tamim Iqbal - 3 matches, 300 runs @ 75, 1 100, 2 50s, 4 wickets @ 25.25
G Naz - 3 matches, 239 runs @ 59.75, 1 100, 1 50
Shakib Al Hasan - 3 matches, 208 runs @ 52, 1 100, 1 50, 0 wickets
Shuvagoto Hom - 3 matches, 204 runs @ 51, 1 100, 1 50
Farhad Reza - 1 match, 108 runs @ 108, 1 50, 1 wicket @ 94
Mushfiqur Rahim - 3 matches, 77 runs @ 25.67, 7 catches, 3 stumpings
Suhrawadi Shuvo - 3 matches, 61 runs @ 15.25, 8 wickets @ 34.87
Mohammad Mahmudullah - 2 matches, 42 runs @ 21
Enamul Haque - 3 matches, 27 runs @ 27, 18 wickets @ 12.17
Mohammad Sharif - 3 matches, 25 runs @ 8.33, 7 wickets @ 31.71