How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Struggling with keepers for England atm, Davies has done naff all, I might go back to Prior or try Bowen. Tres retired at start of summer, Bradshaw has done well. Froggett is my new pace bowler to open with Plunkett (or Smith in ODIs). He did well vs the Aussies. Now a tour of Sri Lanka awaits, without doubt the toughest tour.

im guessing that hancock is around 27 years old despite having over 1300 wickets as his avg is so low.

great seamers but it needs a spinner in there, and why the hell isnt Lacey in the england team as well???

Just struggled past Zimbabwe 2-0 in the Tests, made hard work of it but got there in the end. It didn't help having my form batsman from the last series out injured and also not knowing who my 4th best bowler is, is also a problem.

Beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka in both formats, despite KP missing all of the ODIs. Bradshaw scored another unbeaten ODI hundred, 5 in about 18 games. Bowlers didn't do much all tour, spinners dominated in the tests. Seamers did nowt, only Birtles took more than 1 wicket in a game in the ODIs with 3-35 in the final and deciding ODI. Samit Patel was a rock in the test series. He scored 380 runs in the 3 games, 4 50s iirc. Struggling with the keeper though, Davies averages 49 in Tests, 12 in ODIs.

I wish my spinners would dominate. Playing at home to South Africa and seeing the words 'Some help for Pace Bowlers' followed by 'No help for spin bowlers' didn't really improve my mood. :(

Struggling with the keeper though, Davies averages 49 in Tests, 12 in ODIs.

This may seem strange, but have you tried batting him up the order? I used to do it with Carl Gazzard at Somerset who is always a poor batsman. I found that while he couldn't accelerate at the end or hit the boundary that regularly at the start, he could nudge 40 off 50 balls or so in the middle overs. That said, you should be able to find someone to do a better job with the bat, rather than just being stuck with the same guy a la county cricket.

The first one is when my players were young and the second one is the age of players which people were asking for.

Attachments

• my%20game.JPG
    my%20game.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AGE team.jpg
    AGE team.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
This may seem strange, but have you tried batting him up the order? I used to do it with Carl Gazzard at Somerset who is always a poor batsman. I found that while he couldn't accelerate at the end or hit the boundary that regularly at the start, he could nudge 40 off 50 balls or so in the middle overs. That said, you should be able to find someone to do a better job with the bat, rather than just being stuck with the same guy a la county cricket.

He's always at 7, I could try that though. Flintoff is probably going to play no more games for me. His batting is decent, but his bowling is woeful, averages 50 in the last two seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread