How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Bat Saleh at 3, Alok hasn't been great for me. Maybe bring in Mahmuddulah or Naeem Islam for him if he doesnt perform. I'd also recommend getting Raqibul Hasan in there too.

That's what I would do at least :D

ok. I was thinking of choosing Mahmudulla and Islam as I had chosen them in the T20 WC. I actually won the first ODI although my batting was pretty bad. I had a shocking start only getting 1 wicket with my 3 pace bowlers. Then i brought Shuvo on who got 2/30 from 10 over's and Kapali and Al Hasan got 3 wickets each. Then i brought my pace bowlers on to bowl at the tailenders and got them all out for 200. I then made that with 2 balls to spare and 2 wickets in hand.

Real men play with Bangladesh.

Mm, but I kind of see it as base treachery to play as anyone else in the game other than Australia. I don't like people who support two countries, their own nationality and another. It's usually a sign they're not a very good cricket fan. But yeah I know you mean only playing as Bangladesh, it wouldn't be the same for me. Plus I'm finding it hard enough here as Australia.

I don't support Pakistan but they are fun to play as. Mostly because they have lots of young stars, and I like playing with a young team.

I don't support Pakistan but they are fun to play as. Mostly because they have lots of young stars, and I like playing with a young team.

I suppose, but if you play as your own team, even if you're world champs at the moment, one day you will be stuck with new young players and it'll be the same, only better, because you're your own country.

SA starts out really good, so it isn't a challenge. Plus they are already a very young team as well. Pakistan are somewhat a challenge with many young players who have loads of talent, but need to be looked after.

Nah, I can't bring myself to play with any other country then Australia. I'm with you Jesse.

I like the challenge of starting off with a good team, watching it slide, then bringing them back up.

Screw playing with the Bangladeshis or Pakistan? Wtf would you play with tossers like them?

Bangladesh are awesome to play with. I play on normal with Australia and i win like every game. I don't think it's the same with other players as they lose a fair few games. I haven't played yet with Pakistan in ICC 09 but i played a fair few seasons with them in ICC 3. I was running out of good players, Yousuf and Inzemen Ul-haq retiring and then a few of the bowlers and I'm just playing Butt, Alam, Khan, Akmal, Arafat and Gul with a few regen players.

How does supporting two sides make you not a good cricket fan? I think it makes you an even better fan personally. Like what Fatal Shot said about young players, BD is the youngest team of them all, once you spend a few years with them and develop all the players into stars, the rewards will be 10x more than only developing a few Australian cricketers around a team of veterans.

Although I play as Australia as well, and enjoy it, I love the challenge to get to the top BD offers rather than just being there already.

yeah, all but 1 of my players that i normally play were 26 or under. the 1 players that I do play other than them is 28. I'm looking to make Shuvo the future star. Do you just train the players on general technique to improve them.

Personal preference really.

Some people just can't bring themselves to play with a team other then their country. I'm one of them.

Here's my squad that I play with now. No regens in the team - I try some of them occasionally but they don't seem to be improving.

Test Squad

1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Shakib Al Hasan (*)
4. Rajin Saleh
5. Mahmadullah
6. Raqibul Hasan
7. Nazimuddin
8. Mushfiqur Rahim (+)
9. Sajidul Islam
10. Suhrawadi Shuvo
11. Shafaq Al Zabir

ODI Squad

1. Alok Kapali
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Shakib Al Hasan (*)
4. Mahmadullah
5. Nazimuddin
6. Rajit Saleh
7. Mushfiqur Rahim (+)
8. Raqibul Hasan
9. Suhrawadi Shuvo
10. Sajidul Islam
11. Shafaq Al Zabir

Best Test Batsman: Rajin Saleh (Batting Avg: 29.49)
Best Test Bowler: Shakib Al Hasan (Bowling Avg: 25.89)

Best ODI Batsman: Tamim Iqbal (Batting Avg: 27.82)
Best ODI Bowler: Alok Kapali (Bowling Avg: 25.14)

Tamim Iqbal is a QUALITY young opener. He's brilliant when in form, and definitely one to train up as is only about 20/21 at the start of the game. I've had a lot of success with him, including beating New Zealand in a test and ODI series as well as beating England in a ODI series.

Alok Kapali is a rubbish test player but an excellent ODI bowler - he snares a lot of 4 and 5 wicket hauls, or he either goes for a lot of runs but I find he is worth the risk, whilst Al Hasan is an excellent test bowler. Takes a lot of my wickets.

yeah i found that for me as well. Bad with the bat and bowled really badly in the tests against India but averaged around 13 in the T20 WC and got like 8 wickets in 3 ODI's vs India.

Got bowled out for 62 in the T20 Word cup final, playing as England. Cook top-scored for me with 19.:sarcasm I was going well until then too.

Does anyone have the same experience as this? When I`m playing as Australia, Hauritz never, never gets wickets. He got 1 wicket in 4 test matches. I`m gonna get another spinner if he goes this crap in the 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread