How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Just finished the 2009 season, bloody hell it was a grind! 34 ODI's :O

Hughes was mental, in those 34 games he played every one and scored 10 hundreds, 9 50's at 78.48, including these five consecutive ones:

hughesoneday.jpg

In Test, he was even better. In 14 matches he scored 2363 runs at 115.18 with 9 hundreds, 7 50's and a high score of 318*

This is his graph for the series against NZ:

hughesvsnz.jpg

Not bad :p.

Just finished my first County season with Yorkshire. Went brilliantly. Won the County Championship, Pro40 and T20 but did badly in FP Trophy. Vaughan was the highest run scorer this season! He scored 1488 runs! I was shocked at the end of the season when I saw his name on the stats page. Rana Naved had the best figures with 7-44. Hoggard took the most wickets for me with 79. That's pretty awesome considering Bresnan got 44 (in 10 games, was injured at start), Rashid got 53, Rana Naved got 57 and a bunch of others got 58 put together.

I also managed to get two awesome regens from my academy. Horace Todd who's 23 years old and is a batsman. Averaged 73 in FC cricket this season, 873 runs in 15 innings. Also got Henry Matthew who's 21 years old and is a RFM. He took 25 wickets for 515 runs in FC cricket, with an average of 20.60.

My team:

J Rudolph
M Vaughan
A McGrath/A Lyth
H Todd
T Bresnan
A Gale
G Brophy (+)
A Rashid
R Naved
H Matthew
M Hoggard

I also signed Saqlain Mushtaq at the beginning of the season but he was a dud unfortunately. Didn't really do much and only came into the side when Bresnan or Rashid had international duty or if someone was injured.

Hopefully I'll sign a wicket-keeper (Brophy is pretty crap with the bat) and a couple of batsmen to strengthen my side.

35k738l.png

I also signed Saqlain Mushtaq at the beginning of the season but he was a dud unfortunately. Didn't really do much and only came into the side when Bresnan or Rashid had international duty or if someone was injured.

So did I.

He started off alright, but ended badly. I didn't bother renewing him this season, thus I am heading in to every game with no spinner. I am preparing seamers tracks, and using Rudolph occasionally.

Playing as Bangladesh. In the season of 2010, we picked up our first series victory - defeating England 2-1 in ODIs. It was an extraordinary win and further proof that England is on the way down. :D

Unfortunately in the only T20 before the ODIs, England beat us by 1 wicket on the last ball as Bopara hit 12 off the over to win, and after losing the first ODI by 15 runs, it seemed we were forever doomed to lose. However, we chased down 250 in the second ODI to win thanks to a century from Alok Kapali, and then Kapali hit 80 opening the batting in the final ODI as we chased down 160 of England to win.

Shakib Al Hasan is a brilliant all-rounder. He bats at 3 for my Bangladeshi squad, and he averaged 45 in tests last season, whilst he took all our bowling records as well after taking 8/53 in one innings against New Zealand.

I also have Rajit Saleh coming in at 4, he hit two centuries in the test season - our only player to do so. He is really good, and dominates against first class teams - he hit 192 against Central Districts in our NZ tour, and then 149 against MCC.

Alok Kapali can also be a very good one day opener - although he's probably not as good in test matches.

Shahriar Nafees opens the batting - he's a very gritty type, slow batsman. Not the best if you are chasing 6 an over, but normally bats well in test matches.

Anyway, that's how my team is going.

He tends to open the batting with Nafees in test matches, whilst taking a 6 or 7 type role in the OD matches. Occasionally he is replaced by Javed Omar when he drops out of form.

One player who I can't bare to keep anymore is Ashraful. I always play him for one game, and after he performs dreadfully I drop him, but every now and again I think that his average looks too promising and pick him in the side for him to fail again - I never seem to learn.

I must make a vow - no more Ashraful. He is full of bad luck for our team.

The BD selection board never seems to learn either :P Ah well, he hit a good 60 but.

For me, Suhrawhadi Shuvo is taking wickets, Mahmuddulah is getting good runs and Rajin Saleh is unstoppable.

Interesting Niv. I've experimented with Shuvo as his FC average is very good, but he hasn't been consistent for me and most of the time he's been dropped.

Mahmadullah only comes into the squad rarely for OD matches, his RM dibbly-dobblers are poor and he concedes a lot of runs - I didn't think his batting was anything brilliant either.

Saleh has been great for me as well, the best batsman by far. Getting frustrated with the team though - I thought we were making progress, yet after beating England, Sri Lanka, Canada and USA in the 2011 World Cup we lost 3-0 against Zimbabwe the following series. I don't know what to do. :(

In the last season it was my first in Pro League division 1 and I finished equal first, only didnt get it on NetRR. This year, I was in a similar situation. 7 wins from 8 again, and if the other team won their last game they would win it. They didnt win there so I won the Pro League :)

Interesting Niv. I've experimented with Shuvo as his FC average is very good, but he hasn't been consistent for me and most of the time he's been dropped.

Mahmadullah only comes into the squad rarely for OD matches, his RM dibbly-dobblers are poor and he concedes a lot of runs - I didn't think his batting was anything brilliant either.

Saleh has been great for me as well, the best batsman by far. Getting frustrated with the team though - I thought we were making progress, yet after beating England, Sri Lanka, Canada and USA in the 2011 World Cup we lost 3-0 against Zimbabwe the following series. I don't know what to do. :(

Mahmudullah is an offie in real life, not bad either (at least by BD's standards). I use him as a batsman mostly. Shuvo took 6/50 odd on debut for me, currently averages about 25 from 11 tests.

i found Shuvo to be good in my game. i just had done to T20 WC and he was the reason, i beat Australia and England by a run each and India by 3 in the semi final. He's gone at 5 an over in 5 matches and got 4 wickets as well.

Users who are viewing this thread