How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

for tests i normally have batsman on 2 bars to start then move up to 3 when half settled then finally move them up to four when fully settled. for batting in ODI's i start on normally 4 bars then move up to 5 when their 33% settled then up to 6 when there 60% or so settled.
bowling i just keep it at 3 for the first 20 over's since they use their powerplay straight away and I use my bowling one straight away and then move down to 1 from overs 21-50. For tests, just bowl aggressively until they're settled then move back down to 3.

Mate, I was terrible at this game, and as Jake will tell you I was getting pisses as, but it's finding what works for you. In my Kent game, this is what I do:

FC Batting:
Start on 1 for the openers for 5 overs, the up to 2. Then I leave them on 2 until lunch. Ideal situation is about 0/90 here at lunch. Leave them on 2 for a bit after lunch then if they have full settled I push em up one.

OD Batting:
Start them on 2 for 2 overs, then up to 3 until about the 5th over. Then up 1 more for a few overs, then up 1 more etc etc. I dont like going full aggression, 1 off is good. I find I am sometimes 0/9 after 4 overs or something but I can still make 260-300. Or I will collapse to about 200 but that doesn't happen much. A good OD score in English domestic is about 230+ I think. Can be easy to defend. I defended 230 odd in the CT final comfortably.

Thats just roughly what I do, I sometimes change it around.

When I'm bowling I like to have 1 guy bowling line and length and the other bowling to their weaknesses but I will occasionally change the line or length a tad. With my spinner I constantly change from full to medium length to mix it up if they get into a groove and it usually works.

Last edited:
cheers guys, I just won my first ODI series, so I am getting the hang of it!

One more question then I will stop I promise :)

When your players start getting too old, do they automatically retire? does it tell you they have retired or do they simply disappear.
Cheers and thanks for all your patience

They simply dissapear well thats what happened in ICC III. I think they should make the OD very defensive field have more fielders on the leg side but I still don't mess with it. Maybe I should just make a more balanced Defensive field and save it so I can use that most of the time instead of the only 2 men on the leg side field.

When your players start getting too old, do they automatically retire? does it tell you they have retired or do they simply disappear.

It says they retire in a little screen at the end of the year. Well thats what happens in the domestic cricket.

Ask as many questions as you want. Happy to help.

oh yeah, they do but if you're doing an international career, they just seem to disapear. Maybe they should have it so it comes up with the list of retired players at the end of the season.

It says they retire in a little screen at the end of the year. Well thats what happens in the domestic cricket.

Ask as many questions as you want. Happy to help.

oh yeah, they do but if you're doing an international career, they just seem to disapear. Maybe they should have it so it comes up with the list of retired players at the end of the season.

These are both correct.

In domestic cricket, because there are transfers going on between seasons, it shows you who is retiring. However, as this doesn't happen, in international cricket, this doesn't happen.

It is frustrating and I feel it's something Childish Things should work on.

These are both correct.

In domestic cricket, because there are transfers going on between seasons, it shows you who is retiring. However, as this doesn't happen, in international cricket, this doesn't happen.

It is frustrating and I feel it's something Childish Things should work on.
Especially if you love your stats! I would love to look up past players who have retired in my sav games, i.e Stuey Clark. I was so pissed when he retired after a season and I couldn't see his career stats.

2011 season = success.

Finished first in both Pro League so I'm in div 1. Was first in CC after my 16 games but I got over taken as some other teams had a game in hand. I made the semis of the Challenge Trophy to follow up from me winning it in 2010 too. Hes my squad for 2012:

Denly
Di Venuto
James (Youth playing for England)
Bell
Granville (Youth)
Flower
Lumb
Trescothick
Jones (Geriant)
Northeast
MVJ
Mustard
Batty
Platt (youth)
Parmar (international)
Tremlett
Blakeley (Youth)
Jones (Simon)
Joseph

Excited!!!!

In the off season I brought: Simon Jones, Ian Bell, Grant Flower and Michael Lumb

My bowling is great:
Simon Jones - averaging 20 last year and the year before
Tremlett - top wicket taker for me in 2010
Joseph - second top wicket taker both years for me with 70 odd
Parmar - top wicket taker last year

Last edited:
2011 season = fail.

Roudolph
Denly
Key
Wagh
London (Youth)
Kemp
Wagg
Jones
Joseph
Lee
Shreck
Northeast
MVJ
Trescothick
Hopps (Youth)
Kahn
McLaren
Bollinger

Hoping for a good season. Finished last season really well, so good signs for this season.

GO BOYS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread