How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I'm coming first in the Challenge trophy as Middlesex purely thanks to my middle/lower order batsmen batting so well and my bowlers doing so good - but I haven't won a FC match yet.

I am good at ICC when I play as international and domestic teams against international team and domestic teams. Obviously, when I am a bunch of no names to many people, with FC averages in the 20's and 30's, I have a reason to be losing. When I am playing teams of my level, I play really well. When I am a full strength Australia I do really well, and when I am an English County side I do really well as well.

Hmm I'm just generally pretty bad at ICC 09. Gonna keep going though but hating my Australian save atm. Might crack 06 out later. It's always been my fav.

06, in my eyes, will always be the best of the lot. Good fun to play and everything is just simple. It can be frustrating but you always have good and bad patches like you would in real life.

Go on Matt, crack out 06!

06 is old news now. 08 and 09 have taken over, yes III was crap but with 08 and 09 the engines are too good and the 20/20 engine is too good to ignore over 06. Plus the 06 "look" is really poor and boring now. I can't go back to it.

Just started a new game with India in Icc 2008. Beated South Africa and Sri lanka in test and odi's. And now playing Aus vs. India.
I just wonder if Twenty20 Wc 2009 is in Icc 2008 fixtures? .

06 is old news now. 08 and 09 have taken over, yes III was crap but with 08 and 09 the engines are too good and the 20/20 engine is too good to ignore over 06. Plus the 06 "look" is really poor and boring now. I can't go back to it.

06 will always be the best for me, I think, purely for nostalgic reasons. 09 is definitely a step up from III but I just find 06 so user friendly and I've adjusted to everything about it. I don't mind the look of 06 either, grown accustomed to it. I can play through the matches much quicker than 09 and that can be a big reason on why I think something might be better.

ICC06 is the CM01/02 of the ICC series.

In my 3rd season as Kent on 09 and have made the team so much better. Twas average in the first year and the results showed, but in the second year I won the challenge trophy and was 1 point off second in cc (I had 203, second had 204, first had 208) so narrowly missed promotion.

Currently in the CT semis but 8th in CC with 2 draws and 1 loss. Still early days, I was first after 4 games in CC last year then dropped to 5th before making a comeback.

Jake and I are both doing this and playing together, he made it into PL 1 after the first season lol and survived in it last year but at least I have some silverware to show for my troubles so far.

Lol, Kent. Why'd you choose Kent?

What type of players do they start off with?

Lol, Kent. Why'd you choose Kent?

What type of players do they start off with?

I dunno, just did lol.

There international is a 22 year old Saffa hack who cant buy a wicket but they have Kemp, Key, Denly, some guy with a long name Jake and I call MVJ (his initials) Jones, Saggers, Mahmood (not the england one, hes an allrounder), Cook and some others.

Saggers was my top wicket taker then retired so I got Tremlett to replace him (took 87 fc wickets last season) and some Indian offie Parmar who got 60 odd. Joseph got 70 odd. Also brought Di Venuto this season and Treschothick the one before and Mustard as a back up keeper. I got Batty to replace Mahmood as the allrounder but that means I have 2 offies. I have 2 pretty good youths but one is playing for England. =/

Kent are a good team, I'm a fan ;)

Gonna snag me a KCCC wallet when I'm in the crowd aginst Surrey next month!

I dunno, just did lol.

There international is a 22 year old Saffa hack who cant buy a wicket but they have Kemp, Key, Denly, some guy with a long name Jake and I call MVJ (his initials) Jones, Saggers, Mahmood (not the england one, hes an allrounder), Cook and some others.

Saggers was my top wicket taker then retired so I got Tremlett to replace him (took 87 fc wickets last season) and some Indian offie Parmar who got 60 odd. Joseph got 70 odd. Also brought Di Venuto this season and Treschothick the one before and Mustard as a back up keeper. I got Batty to replace Mahmood as the allrounder but that means I have 2 offies. I have 2 pretty good youths but one is playing for England. =/

Parmar owned in 08 and is real good in 09 too. From what you've said, Joseph is pretty good. Do you reckon he's good enough for England?

Btw, MVJ is Martin van Jaarsveld ;).

Ok am I doing something wrong here? I cannot win a match for the life of me. I have played 2 years in the international mode and have only drawn Tests and lost everything else.

How many bars do you put the batting on in Tests/Odis

How many bars do you put the bowling on in Tests/Odis

I am about ready to delete this game and admit I wasted my money

Woah, that's not fighting talk!

Bowling, I generally do 5 bars with a new ball, or if I have them under the cosh. Other times it's 4, ocasionally 3 if the batsman is well set. That's for tests. For ODIs, depends, I sometimes play it risky with 4 bars for the first 15-20 overs, it sometimes makes me win games, other times it leaves up the creek without a paddle.

Batting?

I start on 2 in tests, pushing up to 3 once settled and possibly 4 if they are well in. For ODIs, varies from batsman to batsman, I'll start with both on 5. If I have a power hitter, I'll push them up to 6/7 after about 4-5 overs. It depends on your batting line up though.

You are England, I presume? What's your side?

Its the current side for England, I have absolutely no luck. Will try to be more aggressive with the bowling, batting wise I just leave it on 2 for the whole match and move to 3 if they get above 50.

Users who are viewing this thread