How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Just started a new Australia career with ICC09, and I must say, Shane Watson is a star with the ball. Currently playing in the T20WC last month, he's played 4 games and taken 12 wickets at an average of 6.67 conceding only 5 runs per over. He's also quite handy with the bat having made 75 runs from 3 innings at an average of 37.5.

watsoneconomy.jpg

watsonhattrick.jpg

Took 15 at an average of 9 for the tournament, but Tait was the gun for me taking an astonishing 21, including a 5/25 against real life champions Pakistan!

ICC 08 continuation from my Yorkshire save. At the End of the 2015 season and took up England job after a couple year break to concentrate on Yorkshire. The main squad I took for the 2015 World Cup was:

Alastair Cook-Now England captain. Still awesome at 31 Averaging 44 in Test Cricket.
Max Rafferty-Not a bad player averages 46 in FC and 43 in Test but only has an average of 36 in ODI's. Had a poor Tournament and was dropped in the last group stage game onwards for David Sellars. Also below par only scored one good total.
Billy Godleman-Debutant in the World Cup.
Bill Mallick-Didn't really get much time in the middle. has an FC average of 49 but only 26 in ODI's.
Joe Hall-Admitedly myself created using the editor but I didn't over do it......too much. Level 2 LS bowler and level 6 batsman. Gun player:p
Adil Rashid
Matt Prior
Stuart Broad
Liam Plunkett
Chris Deedes-Handy quick bowler also made debut in the tournament. took only four wickets at an average of 27 but was very economical.
Oliver Newby-Another Debutant picked after a very good OD season in 2015. Took 3 wickets at an Avg. of 24 but only bowled 17 overs all tournament.

Want to ask people whether Godleman should feature in the ODI team on a regular basis/make his test debut. Picked as he scored a good amount of runs in 2015 and had a good tournament. made scores of 11,103,118,108*,15,16,31* and 2 in the tournament. The 103 was against Namibia while the 118 and 108* where against SAF and Aus respectively. Do you reckon this warrants a test debut against New Zealand and just play him in ODI's for now as he is in the Touring team.

Played as SL in 09,and would you believe it,I lost to Pakistan in the final!!!!!
Don't have screenies,but I batted first,lost Jayasuriya 1st ball to Gul and was 4/19 with Gul picking up Jayasuriya,Dilshan and Mubarak,while Tanvir got Jayawardene.
Sangakkara,Silva and Mathews fought back with Sanga leading with 88* from 55 balls.
Ended up with 7/140.
Pak started well with Farhat and Younis Khan adding 93 for the first wicket,until Mendis bowled Farhat,with an over that looked like this:
W4WW6.!
Younis fell to Murali,and I thought I had it.
However,Afridi and Ul-Haq took it to the bowlers and won the match.:crying

Tait is a gun, three matches into the Ashes and he has 21 wickets.

Just managed a remarkable victory to save the Ashes from going back to England!

vvvvvh.jpg

Absolutely incredible! Looked destined for a draw after they went so damn slow in the first innings, I went quick in my reply but was 160 runs down when I declared. I declared hoping my bowling could knock them over cheaply so I can go in for a big final innings run chase. Hauritz and Johnson destroyed them! All out for 170! Then Hughesy and Clarke smashed their ways to big scores as I made the target with less then 20 minutes to spare on the final day! What a 5th Test to finish a series in which I was lucky to save!

Not a bad series from Phil Hughes with 689 runs @ 76. With 3 big hundreds (including a double) and 2 fifties. Katich was also good with 529 runs and 2 hundreds. Ponting was superb with 3 hundreds and and 555 runs. Clarke got 597 runs with 2 hundreds. Hussey 2 hundreds and 553 runs. As you can see the batsman were in magical form, with the only batsman to fail being Marcus North - who I dropped for the 5th Test in exchange for Callum Ferguson who hit a handy 48 on debut.

From the bowlers, Johnson was my main striker getting 21 wickets with 7/89 in the first innings of the series. Hauritz was the man in the final Test after missing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th due to choosing 4 seamers. Stuey Clark played from the 2nd Test and grabbed 22 wickets @ 28. Siddle was average getting 16 wickets from 5 Tests as was Hilfenhaus with 12 wickets from the first four Tests. Brett Lee was overlooked for the whole series.

ODI series coming up next.

Just a good captain mate.

I knew I had to win the game, and I wasn't going to win if I just kept on batting at that rate, it would of been a draw. So I declared, hoping I could get them out cheapy so I still have time left to bat and possible chase their score.

Risky, but it paid off.

Scott Newman is an absolute legend on ICC06. Here are his stats from last season and this season for me as Surrey (left out his ODI stats):

2006:

First Class
Matches: 13
Innings: 24
Not Outs: 4
Runs: 1470
High Score: 318
Average: 73.50
100's: 3
50's: 8
Strike Rate: 60.62

One Day
Matches: 10
Innings: 10
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 358
High Score: 113
Average: 35.80
100's: 1
50's: 0
Strike Rate: 101.42 (Will be higher as that includes ODI matches which is only 60 odd)

2007:

First Class
Matches: 3
Innings: 5
Not Outs: 1
Runs: 457
High Score: 191
Average: 114.25
100's: 2
50's: 1
Strike Rate: 73.58

One Day
Matches: 4
Innings: 4
Not Outs: 1
Runs: 185
High Score: 122*
Average: 61.67
100's: 1
50's: 0
Strike Rate: 94.31 (Again, same as 2006, will be above 100)

His last four innings have been 191, 154 and 14 in the County Championship and 122* in the Challenge Trophy. I never really rated him in real life, especially not as a one day player, but he has been just awesome when I've been able to play him. Shame most of my other batsmen can't hold a bat, except my youngsters.

Currently bottom of County Championship Division 2, but I have drawn 4 of 6 games and lost the other 2. I sit 3rd in the Challenge Trophy, just two points off the two ahead of me although I have a game in hand on Kent who are top. Going to need a good second half of the season, and my back-up players will need to step up as I will probably lose Afridi, de Villiers and newman to international duty at some point.

Won the T20 Cup with Safrica,then I started the Eng ODI series.
Anderson got 5 to reduce me to losing the first match.

Then I won the series with Kallis getting 3 consecutive hundreds,and Prince,Duminy and De Villiers getting one each!

Just managed a remarkable victory to save the Ashes from going back to England!

vvvvvh.jpg

Absolutely incredible! Looked destined for a draw after they went so damn slow in the first innings, I went quick in my reply but was 160 runs down when I declared. I declared hoping my bowling could knock them over cheaply so I can go in for a big final innings run chase. Hauritz and Johnson destroyed them! All out for 170! Then Hughesy and Clarke smashed their ways to big scores as I made the target with less then 20 minutes to spare on the final day! What a 5th Test to finish a series in which I was lucky to save!

Not a bad series from Phil Hughes with 689 runs @ 76. With 3 big hundreds (including a double) and 2 fifties. Katich was also good with 529 runs and 2 hundreds. Ponting was superb with 3 hundreds and and 555 runs. Clarke got 597 runs with 2 hundreds. Hussey 2 hundreds and 553 runs. As you can see the batsman were in magical form, with the only batsman to fail being Marcus North - who I dropped for the 5th Test in exchange for Callum Ferguson who hit a handy 48 on debut.

From the bowlers, Johnson was my main striker getting 21 wickets with 7/89 in the first innings of the series. Hauritz was the man in the final Test after missing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th due to choosing 4 seamers. Stuey Clark played from the 2nd Test and grabbed 22 wickets @ 28. Siddle was average getting 16 wickets from 5 Tests as was Hilfenhaus with 12 wickets from the first four Tests. Brett Lee was overlooked for the whole series.

ODI series coming up next.

What level do you play on? I find I can't go remotely fast in Test cricket without a collapse happening. Needed some quick runs to win the 4th Ashes test and make it 2-1 going into the last Test but everyone just collapsed. ICC 09 is sooo hard.

What level do you play on? I find I can't go remotely fast in Test cricket without a collapse happening. Needed some quick runs to win the 4th Ashes test and make it 2-1 going into the last Test but everyone just collapsed. ICC 09 is sooo hard.

It seems harder for me as well. I wish I could carry over my 2008 save to my 2009 game, because I had a really good team, batting and bowling. Most players were in good form, and I had sorted through the crap.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this all NSW save, despite not winning a game there is promise there, in a few years I will have made a good team.

It seems harder for me as well. I wish I could carry over my 2008 save to my 2009 game, because I had a really good team, batting and bowling. Most players were in good form, and I had sorted through the crap.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this all NSW save, despite not winning a game there is promise there, in a few years I will have made a good team.

I'm coming first in the Challenge trophy as Middlesex purely thanks to my middle/lower order batsmen batting so well and my bowlers doing so good - but I haven't won a FC match yet.

Users who are viewing this thread