How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Currently playing 05,because I got a bit bored of 08.
I also added names of all current international teams in the generated names file(+ a few extra's.).
My team currently is(I'm up to 07.):
1.Chilton(Is being consistant for once.)
2.North(Currently my best Allrounder, just because he's averaging 40+ in FC and OD for career with the bat,and below 28 with the ball in both forms too.)
3.Law(41 year old!!!!Still playing well.)
4.Kallis(He's been brilliant,class allrounder!)
5.Flintoff(You should know who this is!!!)
6.Marshall(Yes,It's the original one you start with,He's saved my team enough to seal his spot.)
7.Y.Fernando(Not international,a regen keeper,not much of a batter but rarely drops a catch.)
8.Vettori(A good international.)
9.Snow(A regen,ave's 24 in FC and 21 in OD)
10.Anderson(He's good.)
11.Y.De Villiers(Another regen,I'm not sure what's with the name Yuvraj because two of my regens have it,This one and my keeper.Anyway,he average's 22 in FC and only 19 in OD!!!)

Been playing a fair bit of ICC 08 recently. Playing as Middlesex and into my 3rd season, but my 2nd season I've actually bothered to play. Had a good season last year, coming 3rd in the Championship, winning the T20 cup and getting promotion in the Pro40 and getting to the Quarters of the FP Trophy. Changes have been made to the side, with major strengthening made to the bowling attack, which last season was pretty poor, with only Shane Watson really being genuinely consistent.

My Strongest XI for the current season is:

Eoin Morgan (FC average of 46 and averages in both forms over 70 last year)
James Benning/Andrew Strauss (when not on England duty)
Ed Joyce *
Stuart Hardwick (20 year old Youth player, FC average of 49.51 and OD average over 40)
Dale Benkenstein
Adil Rashid
Ben Scott +
Tim Murtagh
Alfonso Thomas
Tom Smith/Dirk Nannes
Upul Indrasiri

Got some decent back-up players also. With guys like Phil Mustard, Nick Compton, Dawid Malan, Kyle Hogg, Jimmy Ormond, Chris Whelan (FC bowling average of 21) and another young seamer, Danny Evans. So I think the team's looking strong, but will be looking to strengthen further in the next close season, hopefully bringing in another quality bowler, as bowling is still fairly weak. Thomas, Smith and Murtagh are doing the business though, especially Thomas who's been a class act.

If you are playing on ICC06, there are a few people that can make your team unbeatable. I find a good way to win every game is to find a devastating spin lineup.

If you can, sign Michael Munday as soon as he comes on to the transfer market. Quite often after a year or so he will pop up, and he is a gun spin bowler. A bit expensive at times with his economy but he does take wickets.

As for international signings, I have found Indian batsmen are always worthy. I sign Venugopal Rao whenever I can as he is an absolute gem. I have signed Rao for up to 4 seasons in one game, he is a legend. He normally averages about 95 for me in FC for the entire season, sometimes it goes down to 70 average when he's having a bad year. Hit 412 for me in one game.

If you want a devastating spinner, sign Indrasiri from Sri Lanka or Arafat Sunny from Bangladesh. These two are excellent spinners and will take wickets. They perform exceptionally in one day matches. I like to have a FC lineup of two quick bowlers, Michael Munday and Indrasiri, and once my openers finish, I bring the spinners on and let them bowl out the innings. Generally they don't need to be rested as my opponent rarely makes over 200.

Ven Rao does the job with the bat, other Indian batsmen will serve you well. I find it best not to go for the big names such as Ponting or Hussey - instead sign Rao, or other Indians with good averages (I wouldn't recommend Dravid but there is another gun who I have forgotten his name).

Good luck. ;)

If you are playing on ICC06, there are a few people that can make your team unbeatable. I find a good way to win every game is to find a devastating spin lineup.

Yep,I'll agree with you,although I don't have 06,so I'm trying to relate this to 05.

If you can, sign Michael Munday as soon as he comes on to the transfer market. Quite often after a year or so he will pop up, and he is a gun spin bowler. A bit expensive at times with his economy but he does take wickets.

Munday isn't in 05 so no comment.

As for international signings, I have found Indian batsmen are always worthy. I sign Venugopal Rao whenever I can as he is an absolute gem. I have signed Rao for up to 4 seasons in one game, he is a legend. He normally averages about 95 for me in FC for the entire season, sometimes it goes down to 70 average when he's having a bad year. Hit 412 for me in one game.

Rao????
Never tried him but there is another gun batter in Yashpal Singh.

If you want a devastating spinner, sign Indrasiri from Sri Lanka or Arafat Sunny from Bangladesh. These two are excellent spinners and will take wickets. They perform exceptionally in one day matches. I like to have a FC lineup of two quick bowlers, Michael Munday and Indrasiri, and once my openers finish, I bring the spinners on and let them bowl out the innings. Generally they don't need to be rested as my opponent rarely makes over 200.

Rupasinghe from Lanka,Vettori to a lesser extent,and there are a couple more from Lanka,just look for one's averaging 19 or below and you've got yourself a gun spinner.

Ven Rao does the job with the bat, other Indian batsmen will serve you well. I find it best not to go for the big names such as Ponting or Hussey - instead sign Rao, or other Indians with good averages (I wouldn't recommend Dravid but there is another gun who I have forgotten his name).

Good luck. ;)

Big names work,if you know the one's to get.
Sehwag was the first batsman I used to get over 2000 runs in a season.
Hayden,Gilchrist,Tendulkar,Badrinath,Greame Smith,Kallis,Y.Khan,Yousuf and Sangakkara have all scored 2000 runs in a season.

Ahh... Yashpal Singh. You know, as I was typing that post I knew I had another Indian batsman that actually averaged 99.5 for me in one FC series but I couldn't remember his name so I stuck to Venugopal - however it was actually Yashpal Singh. He's also a one to get, he is superb.

The problem with the big names though bladescape is that they often get called to international duty.

Munday is not as dominating in ICC08 as he was in previous versions, though he still takes 100 wickets a season at 26, instead of the average of 19 he used to get in previous versions for me.

Dheeraj Jadhav was a beast for me as an overseas player on ICC 06 (pretty sure he's still good on 08), had a pretty good FC record in real life as well, but never managed to get a game for India. I used to go with him and Badrinath opening for India, heck of a partnership that!

Extremely excited about the 2012 season with Kent. Managed to pick up some extremely solid transfers

Key
Preece (regen Av-33) Usually Deanly here
Dexter
Moore(Regen Av 51)
Rashid
Bailey (Aus Av-46)
Park (WK)
Murtagh
Mclaren
Davies
Monday

Only problem is lack of solid backups, with only one. A keeper averaging 40.

Half of my 2026 season as Surrey is Finished.......So far ..So Good

CC -

j7zu34.jpg

CT - Have entered the Final ( against Lancs )

15hc0fd.jpg

20 Over Cup -

s2wkty.jpg

Woah,I think I found a bug.
In ICC08 I'm in 2012 and I get this regen with a bowling average of 7 in the 2nd XI!!!!!!
Take a look at this guy after his first year!

Attachments

• McDonald.JPG
    McDonald.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 29
12 ducks in 15 innings is impressive! Very good regens do come along from time to time in the game. I'll have a word.

My second season with Leics is going very well. Signed a few players: Shafayat, Jordan, Kieswetter and Wainwright. Wainwright has been excellent, a tonne from Bilal and Kieswetter's 2nd XI form has got him in in place of Nixon. Nothing from Jordan as yet.

Doing well in both FPT and CC. If I keep it up I'm on for promotion in both.

How good is Albie Morkel? Averages 75 in both forms of the game for the third season in a row now, and 18 with the ball in ODs and 28 odd in FCs.

My team is stacked with allrounders, has lots of depth in batting but the middle order is patchy at times. In my 2012 season right now.

Paul Horton*
Fu Du Plessis
Karl Brown - Averages around 42 or so in FCs
Albie 'God' Morkel
Justin Kemp/Alex Hales
Andrew Flintoff (2)
Luke Sutton +
Gareth Batty - Been solid with the bat, averaging 40+ and around 25 with the ball!
Ryan McLaren
Kabir Toor - 22 year old Leggie in his second season but only really getting a crack in the team now. Averaging 18 with the ball in both forms of the game.
Steve Harmison (1)

Good back up players as well - Kyle Coetzer (sp?), Kyle Hogg (Is an absolute gun, I think he'll replace the out of form Harmison soon), Michael Powell, etc.

Started a new save as Middlesex. On my last one, which I was really enjoying playing, I didn't realize that if you selected to coach your country you don't keep doing county. I was forming a great squad in the last save. Oh well, my squad is pretty good at the moment on the new one, looking to buy a good middle order batsmen and pace bowler for next season.

Users who are viewing this thread