How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I won two cups and good season. i been out of 20/20 final and also won 2020 final.

essexwon34.jpg

It is last season . i will start new game with warwickshire. i think about maybe i write story about warwickshire in planetcricketforum story ? what you think

Playing as Surrey - 2025 season

Challenge Trophy

Missed out on a Final Berth in the Challenge Trophy. :( In fact, my team Surrey and Hampshire were going neck and neck. But my penultimate match was against them and I lost that crucial game itself by 4 runs. :noway

14talgw.jpg

County Championship

SO FAR...SO GOOD... :)

6th0rd.jpg

After my second season I won the Challenge trophy, made the Quarter finals for the Twenty20 cup, won the play off to stay in Division 1 for Pro League and finished 4th for the County Championship. :) Fairly good effort seems Worcestershire start in Division 2 for the County Championship and Pro League. I got offered the England job but I rejected.

I'm in a bit of trouble in my third season though. Hick, Batty and Price all retired, and I played all 3 every game. I brought Mascheranas or whatever his name is, Trundell, A Khan and about 4 other players. Trundell and Mascheranas have been great so far.

Just finished my first season using an English County club. I went incredibly dire, and had 3 back up batsmen, and was using bowlers at 7 by the end of the season. Didn't expect much. Over the off season, I bought some good batsmen and youths, and a bowler or two as well. I increased my funds into youths, coaching and fitness or whatever it's called, and won my first 4 day match of the season by 8 wickets. I'm actually expecting to come in the top 2 or 3 in the longer form.

I just wish Sidebottom wouldn't get selected for England, even though he is the best bowler in the game. :p I actually got Bollinger as cover, retained Swann and have Broad, because he isn't permanently in the national side. I have Australia as my team to coach, and CBF'ed making a new game just to change it to England or something, because TBH I am sick of being Australia. I hope I do get offered to coach Australia, but I will need to go great guns in all forms or have a few consistent seasons before then.

Jakester1288 added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Clarke for me especially does a really good job bowling in the ODI arena. Symonds occasionally has a day out, but more often not. Havent tried either of the Husseys for longer periods.

Clarke does a decent job for me in tests, keeping it tight, as does Dave Hussey. Symonds is very up and down, one game he will get 3-20 off 10, the next 0-45 off 10. He isn't in my team in my easy save, but in my normal save (which I just started) he is in my side.

just owned essex with my not-good-enough-for-international-class-players :D
pretty much all thanks to scott redmond i think he just got the best bowlin in a match record for the team...i'm in 2072

Attachments

• Screen01.JPG
    Screen01.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 15
Great start to the 2015 season with Essex. Played 8 games in the County Championship and have won them all, leading by 28 ahead of nearest rivals Somerset. Came top in my Challenge Trophy group by 2 points as I won 8 out of my 9 games, amassing 16 points with an NetRR of 9.3. Got the Twenty20's to play now, which I only got to the quarter finals of last year; definitely got to improve on that.

Good season so far.

Had an incredibly easy start to the Twenty20 Cup, winning all my first four games in comfortable fashion. I got 30 dot balls in a row including three wickets! Sensational spell and brilliant batting so far. Won by 9 wickets twice, 8 wickets once and 99 runs once; incredibly easy. Unfortunately I have the Test series against Pakistan to play now and the computer will probably lose the remaining four games. I've got to try and beat Pakistan without some of my Essex stars. I'm not being England coach next season.

Got a good game going with Glamorgan: (first XI)

1. Francois Du Plessis
2. Michael Di Venuto
3. Ryan Ten doeschate
4. Ravinder Bopara
5. Jamie Dalrymple
6. Phil Mustard
7. Alfonso Thomas
8. Stuart Broad
9. Cooray (Sri Lanka)
10. Adam Shantry
11. James Harris

My first XI looks very strong but is considerably weakened now Broad and Shantry are in the England squad. My back up seamers are young fast bowling all rounder Dean Eldershaw (but he is inconsistent and not very accurate. I'd class him as a batting all rounder really) and Ashling who hasn't played a first class game. I played Eldershaw in place of Thomas for the first couple of one-dayers, favouring his better batting but his bowling in conjunction with fellow batting all rounders Ten doeschate and Dalrymple failed and made me lose those games.

Graeme Swann will replace Broad in the side. He others good, accurate off spin bowling and decent batting in both forms of the game. I also have Cosker who can come in and do a good job with his left arm spin. But that leaves the team over-loaded with spinners and only two out-and-out seam bowlers, so I gotta hope for turning wickets if I do this. If I come across a pitch that favours the seamers and offers nothing for the spinners then I'm stuffed unless the batting shines and Thomas and Harris both bowl out of their skins.

This is basically a problem of my own making as I should have saved a bit of cash to bring in a seamer in the winter but the team should cope. The batting is probably strong enough to play for a draw if the bowlers fail me (in the CC). Swann is a capable no.7 and Thomas generally bats better in First Class cricket.

Should be interesting to see how the team goes.

Got a good game going with Glamorgan: (first XI)

1. Francois Du Plessis
2. Michael Di Venuto
3. Ryan Ten doeschate
4. Ravinder Bopara
5. Jamie Dalrymple
6. Phil Mustard
7. Alfonso Thomas
8. Stuart Broad
9. Cooray (Sri Lanka)
10. Adam Shantry
11. James Harris

My first XI looks very strong but is considerably weakened now Broad and Shantry are in the England squad. My back up seamers are young fast bowling all rounder Dean Eldershaw (but he is inconsistent and not very accurate. I'd class him as a batting all rounder really) and Ashling who hasn't played a first class game. I played Eldershaw in place of Thomas for the first couple of one-dayers, favouring his better batting but his bowling in conjunction with fellow batting all rounders Ten doeschate and Dalrymple failed and made me lose those games.

Graeme Swann will replace Broad in the side. He others good, accurate off spin bowling and decent batting in both forms of the game. I also have Cosker who can come in and do a good job with his left arm spin. But that leaves the team over-loaded with spinners and only two out-and-out seam bowlers, so I gotta hope for turning wickets if I do this. If I come across a pitch that favours the seamers and offers nothing for the spinners then I'm stuffed unless the batting shines and Thomas and Harris both bowl out of their skins.

This is basically a problem of my own making as I should have saved a bit of cash to bring in a seamer in the winter but the team should cope. The batting is probably strong enough to play for a draw if the bowlers fail me (in the CC). Swann is a capable no.7 and Thomas generally bats better in First Class cricket.

Should be interesting to see how the team goes.

Funny,In my Lancs game my squad is currently:
1.Richard(regen av:40)
2.Ecclestone(regen av:33)
3.Loye
4.Tendulkar(Int)
5.Du Plessis
6.Flintoff
7.Henman(regen av:23)(wk)
8.Finch(Allrounder regen,bat av:30,bowl av:32)
9.March(regen bowler,bat av:19,bowl av:23)
10.Anderson
11.Parry

Four pacemen,but Flintoff,Anderson and March are English contracted,so the replacements are:
Flintoff/Marshall
Anderson/T.Smith
March/Roberts(regen OS bowler.av:28)
Leaving me with only Finch and T.Smith as pacemen!!!

Users who are viewing this thread