How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I have Australia at number 1 in Tests and ODI's in 2012. Might find it a bit tough over the next 24 months though, expecting a few retirements.

After a rather embarrassing loss to Tom the last week I redeemed myself by bowling Simbazz out for 79.

i play ICC06 , I play Essex in 2023 and i have few great players regans. Jonathan Welsh, Brian Giffith, Aaron Swanton and Greg Ecclestone are excellent regans. Jonathan Welsh, Brian Giffith, Aaron Swanton is bowler and average is 18-21. Greg Ecclestone is opener batting and average is 45

Last edited:
I'm Essex too, Chris, but not as far as you.

Essexperformance.jpg

Not bad few seasons for me, however. ;)

I was playing as Lancs in 06 just a while back(i.e.Last July!!) and I had a really good regen batsman named Greg Ecclestone too!!!
Though my one wasn't an opener and he averaged 53 last time I checked and then he retired,so I haven't got a screenshot of him,nor do I have his final stats.

You haven't won many things, Chris, but at least you are there or thereabouts at the end of the season in some competitions.

I have an immense batsman called Harvey that averages 55.16 with 9709 runs in FC and 56.23 with 5061 runs in OD. He's only 29 so might be able to get 20,000 runs and 10,000 runs in OD. Hopefully he will.

n00bs like me are rubbish at this game but I've decided to finally start a new game with the patch lol (been addicted to my England game, even though I'm rubbish :p). Will see how it goes. Even if I do badly, Man D rules.

Last edited:
I'm doing so poor in Challenge Trophy at the moment, despite winning it the last 5 seasons. I've played 6, won 4 and lost 2. Doesn't look like I'll be able to play in the final this season but I can still possibly make it if I win every game to come.

Played 6 and won 6 in FC atm however. 129 points aswell shows a sensational start. I've just smashed Warwicks with my middle order being the best its ever been and nearly all smashing hundreds, bar Afridi who hit 98. I posted it in the great wins/draws/losses thread.

Nice work Jaz.

I started a new game as Worcestershire not long ago and after the first season I have managed to get us promoted to County Championship division 1 and Pro League division 1. Finished first in 2nd division for both of those and just missed out on getting to the final for the Challenge trophy and just missed out on going to the next stage for the Twenty20 cup.

Jaques was great, and I resigned him as well as resigning Khan who was easily my best bowler. I'm a tad short on batting and for some reason, even though I had heaps of money left it said I didn't have funds to sign anymore players, and the last 5 spots in my team had to be filled up by youths which means I am short on top class batters and openers seems Moore is being selected by England a lot.

Bowling is absolutely frustrating

Why oh why can I not bowl in this game. Been playing 2005 for some time now, I use Australia and make squillions of runs, yet even on easy level I only bowl sides out for under 200 about once a season. I've tried everything, including all the things written on these forums and it hasn't made a single difference. Should I accept that maybe the game is just rigged or is their actually some concrete way to consistently take wickets? Id appreciate any reply, other than ones focusing on my bowling order (seriously guys, I've tried everything), unless it's to talk about how crap the Australian bowlers seem to be on this game. Cheers.

Trust me,The initial bowlers for Australia in 05 are rubbish,They even had Warne failing for me.
Regens are just about the only thing which worked for me!!!

I have started a new game as Somerset after losing my long time save spanning over 15 seasons.

Skipped some of the first season to get into the swing of things.

Second season managed to pick up some good players on freebies. Rashid (:D), Rikki Clarke, Tahir and Du Preez. Am hoping to get my hands on broad and Anderson in future years.

Playing as my Australia game again, finally reclaimed the no.1 test spot by winning the Ashes 3 - 0. Got a legendary regen spinner, currently averaging 20 in FC and 22 after 45 tests.

Another regen has piled on 7000 runs from nowhere. Averaging 44 when I picked him, he has gone on to score century after century and pump his average to 72 from 70 tests. Belmont finally established himself too to replace my retired batsmen.

Zaheer Khan I love you. (In county level only :D)

khan.jpg

Note the 4 one day innings and 4 not outs for 111 runs. 2 50's not out there that saved my bacon! Also note the 99 in the FC. That is his highest ever score, domestic or international so I was gutted he got out for 99! Would have been his first ton. That 99 was in a User record 201 stand with Smith (User record for the 8th wicket or whatever it was)

20 wickets in 5 FC games too is no bad feat. It was 18 in 4 at about 20 before my last FC game but he was off form in that one where my spinners dominated (Batty took 9 for the match and Price 6 I think.)

khan2.jpg

Check out that bit around the middle. 99 then 3 50's not out. He is in top form!

Users who are viewing this thread