How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Being New Zealand. Martin and O'Brien are guns. They're batting really slowly. O'Brien is 56* off 118 and Martin is 19* off 128 balls. I'm vsing Sri Lanka. Come on guys. Put your heads down and score a century.

Reinstalled ICC 2008. Started a New Zealand save and I suck :facepalm. I lost 2-1 to England in the test series than in the ODI's i lost 5-0. Against WI I lost the Test series 2-0 but surprisingly won the ODI's 3-0. I'm looking for a middle order capable to hit out or defend when needed, and a good seamer to back Mills up atm.

My Team
Stewart/McIntosh
Guptill
Hay
Taylor
Broom
McCullum
Franklin
Vettori
N.McCullum/Tuffey
Mills
Bond

I've also used:
Butler
Williamson
I.Robertson
Ryder
Oram

Being New Zealand. Martin and O'Brien are guns. They're batting really slowly. O'Brien is 56* off 118 and Martin is 19* off 128 balls. I'm vsing Sri Lanka. Come on guys. Put your heads down and score a century.

Martin actually made a single run? Bullshit.

In 2015 for Kent. I finished last year disappointingly. It looked like I would win my third piece of silverware for my Kent save in the CC which would mean I would of had the PL, CT and CC but a dire run at the end saw me finish third in CC and get relegated in the PL.

This season finally saw me leave behind my spinner Parmar who I had for 5 seasons. Hilfy was his replacement. My bowling is my strong point:
Tremlett
Blakeley (absolute gun)
Simon Jones
Hilfenhaus

I was going great in the CT in 2015 but I lost my last group game then lost the quarter finals which was disappointing. 4 CC matches - 2 losses and 2 draws isn't good either. I desperately dont wanna get relegated in CC.

In 2016, haven't played anything yet.

Squad:
Denly
Key
Northeast
London (regen)
Wagh
Rudolph
Driver (regen)
Clarke (regen)
Best (regen)
Dial (regen)
Nicholson (regen)
Friend (regen)
Wagg
Shone (regen)
Lee
Sherbourne (regen???)
Armstrong (regen???)
Phillips (regen)??
Malcolm (regen)???
Parmar (regen)???

Doug Bollinger didn't show up on my list of players to resign, perhaps he didn't want to come back to the club which has brought him so much success. This see's the signing of Parmar, a 27 year old off spinner who is great, giving me two off spinners, but Parmar will be my main. 2 seasons ago I didn't even have a spinner in the whole team, this season I'm spoilt for choice. The full strength team for this season is (FC obviously):

Rudolph
Northeast
Key
Denly
London *
Nicholson +
Wagg
Phillips
Armstrong
Parmar
Malcolm/Lee/other pacer/allrounder to bat 6 and bowl pace

Without Bollinger, my team is lost. I start to write "Bolly" before I remembered he isn't in my team anymore. :crying

Jakester1288 added 14 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Parmar takes 8 (including 5/70 odd) in his first match, as we needed 230 in 2 sessions and were on track, then had a late collapse, got to 8 wickets down, and drew. Close match, entertaining, shame I couldn't get the other 30 runs required.

Good signs though.

Nearing the end of 2012 and I'm still 9th in both formats. Number 1 could take a while methinks...Sri Lanka up next :(

Last edited:
Nearing the end of 2012 and I'm still 9th in both formats. Number 1 could take a while methinks...

Sometimes I feel its just relaxing and enjoyable at Number 9 :p No Pressure :laugh...So, Dont worry:).....Take your own sweet time to reach No 1.....:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Just had a brilliant run come to an end. After scraping through and beating Sri Lanka, I went on to beat the West Indies, Zimbabwe and utterly thrash New Zealand. Smelly England then spoiled my fun by the means of a 6 wicket win in a low scorer. I managed to draw the second test 8 wickets down.

Now at 2014 with the Aussies, No.1 in tests, No.4 in ODIs, Need improvement in the one-day game.

Heres my test squad-

P.Hughes (Captain, Still god)
T.Stanton (Regen)
P.Jaques ( Gun)
L.Pomersbach (Pretty good, needs to be more consistent though)
C.Ferguson ( Alright, but like Pommers, needs to be more consistent)
C.White (Brilliant all-round game)
T.Paine ( Keeps well and bats well)
M.Johnson ( Getting older but still going strong- Opening bowler)
L.Butterworth ( Brilliant Medium Pacer)
P.Siddle ( Bowls well and consistent-First change bowler)
S.Tait ( Brilliant, takes alot of 5-fers, partners up with Mitch as the openers)

Ricky Ponting retired at the start of the year, Michael Clarke had an average of 55 at 2010, and now he`s average is 42, he got dropped. And Just to add, My Regen, Stanton is 21 and has played 7 matches and has scored 5 centuries :p

Just won the quadruple as Surrey in 2018, thanks to about 5 seasons of patience with the youth team players I got. My first team with SurreyCCC in 2019 is awesome. Shame I almost never get to play it:

Name (FC batting Ave/OD Ave)(FC bowling Ave/OD Ave where relevant)
P Murphy (43.56/36.01)
C Green (41.06/36.12)
C Sharpe (47.99/35.66)
H Benton (43.79/48.66)
A Remmington (44.43/32.73)
T Barrett (keeper) (38.18/29.50)
R Bowles (allrounder) (30.98/21.71)(30.76/21.66) OS
J Harris (21.10/13.48)(25.83/21.59) RFM
K Copperfield (17.80/13.67)(30.21/19.39) LMF
I Binden (12.14/7.00)(27.56/23.16) RMF
K Glenn (7.89/6.00)(29.33/21.86) OS

Of these players, P Murphy, C Green, C Sharpe, H Benton, T Barrett and J Harris are playing internationally. Barrett is England's first choice 'keeper with a Test average of 51.40 from 4 games, having only played 13 First Class games in total. S Davies is the second choice and he's also in my squad...

Playing as Australia in 2015, and my god they're horrible, they can't even beat the Bangladesh side.

Here's my current team..
1) Michael Hussey
2) Luke Ronchi(wk)(the only decent Australian keeper atm)
3) E.Jeffrey( Australian version of Rahul Dravid, so slow and defensive, but still scores lot of runs though)
4) Shane Watson
5) Michael Clarke( best player in my side atm)
6) S.Ewing(When Ronchi gets injured he always replaces him as a WK)
7) Ricky Ponting(c)(40 years old now and still going strong, fhe started off as an opener but for some reason he dropped down to no.7)
8) Mitchell Johnson
9) P. Winters(decent spinner)
10) Shaun Tait( best bowler in my side atm)
11) Ben Hilfenhaus

In the 2015 World Cup, into the semi's as Australia. It's one strong semi against a weak semi. Australia v South Africa & Canada v Zimbabwe. Canadian spinner Julian Skinner (a regen that I changed to be Canadian in my Warwickshire side) has taken 13 wickets for the tournament.

My Line-up

P. Hughes (edited down but still averaging 44 for the WC)
Topher Charleston (regen - late call-up for injured Jaques. Averaging 45 from 4 [2 50s])
(capt) M. Clarke (34 y/o and having a bad WC 22 ave])
Charlie Bowen (regen - Aus/Eng citizen who has decided to settle back in Aus. Averaging 36)
C. Ferguson (up and down WC; averaging 32)
Tim Swinburn (regen - late call-up for injured Paine. Averaging 31)
(vc) Brad Harkan (regen - 18 wickets at 13 for the WC. Handy aggressive all-rounder [me])
L. Butterworth (surprise selection with little experience at ODI level. 6 wickets @ 22)
M. Johnson (saved us in the last match with his bat. 8 wickets @ 26)
P. Siddle (most economical [3.82 per over] and has taken 11 wickets @ 17)
B. Cockley (best paceman for us [13 wickets @ 15])

On The Bench
Alex Bishop (regen - OD form down and has been overlooked for most games)
L. Pomersbach (hasn't impressed and may lose his spot internationally)
S. Watson (34 y/o and down on form. Butterworth has taken his place)
C. McKay (only 3 wickets from 3 matches this WC. Cockley doing better.)

Will return soon with results!

Semi Finals - WC 2015

After losing Charleston (7) early, Clarke (74) and Hughes (75) had a 134-run partnership with Clarke scoring his fifty off 32 balls. Both looked set for centuries before Vries (4-28) for South Africa tightened up the bowling and snared their wickets. Lower order resistance from Swinburn (25) and Harkan (60) pushed the total close to 300. The South Africans set almost a run a ball to face either Canada or Zimbabwe.

South Africa started well with Smith (82) and Amla (19) putting together a 58-run partnership. Amla fell only to bring Duminy (27) in. The Aussies looked to be behind as the duo got away from them. Duminy fell to Butterworth and then Harkan (5-27) started to take advantage of the deteriorating pitch. Bowen (2-32) chipped in to bowl South Africa out for 200 in 35 overs.

In the other semi, I was not surprised to see Zimbabwe win (first time I've ever said that!) but Canadian spinner Skinner too 3 wickets to be handy for me next season with Warwickshire.

The World Cup of 2015 will see Australia play Zimbabwe. Who will win?

Users who are viewing this thread