How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

WHAT? They retired in 2011? I still have them and I'm in 2013. North is ████, never gets hundreds. Always gets a start. Where do you bat him in the order?

Dont know why they retired early as well. I bat North at 4, with Clarke at 3. Ferguson at 5. Hughes and Watson opening, and No.6`s Cam White. Oh and mistake there, Katich was injured for like 7 weeks, but Ponting and Huss retired.

Because of the improved performance my budget was higher, Silverwood and Richardson retired which meant my bowling was very light. I signed no batsman, I gave Smith and Shah new deals though. I got a new keeper called Hughes from the youth set up, he averages over 50 in 2nd XI cricket, also signed and all rounder from the youth set up who averages 55 with the bat and 28 with the ball in 2nd XI cricket, he's a RHB, RFM.

Jesus I am so bad at ODIs, just got hammered 3-0 in the series by Zimbabwe.

Finally found a good number 3. Now my 1-5 average 50+. 6-7 average 45+. 8-9 average 30+, and 10/11 are tailenders. My 10 averages 15 in tests though, so he can stick around and defend. 11 is a talenders tailender. Can't bat to save his life.

In another test series against W.I (they are hard to beat with their two spinners, Wallace and Jaggernauth). Up 1-0 but look like losing the second.

Going in with this lineup in 2013 in tests:

Hughes
Shelton (myself, was actually a regen from W.A [Stoked!] and has turned out pretty good)
Ponting
Clarke
Ferguson
White
Watson
Haddin *
Johnson
Butterworth
Siddle

This lineup looks a little bit long in the batting but I need it... And the all-rounder prowess of White, Watson, Johnson and Butterworth means if I ever loose quick wickets I always have decent batsman to fall back on to pile another 100 runs on the total.

I normally open with Johnson and Siddle, bring in Butterworth (he just claimed a 10-fer in a match recently, tests) and Watson first change then let White rip into them with his spinners.

I`m gonna have a go with Butterworth because of you Hooper, hope he`s good, will have a go with him in a test soon. ;)

Actually my friend send me a game but i don't know how to play it. But i see its name that's why i know it

thriller in Taunton

just won a nailbiter, playing as Somerset, beat Hampshire in the County Championship by 3 runs.

took a huge gamble the night before, declared in 2nd innings at 1-175 with 250 run lead. wife was amused at my excitement, lol

also just to introduce myself- you guys have a great forum and I've just discovered the addictive magic of this game. keep up the great chat!

Hooper...I declare you god of ICC. Butterworth took 4-21 off 10 overs in his first ODI, and then a 5-fer in the next match. Thank you, my dear god. :spy

Jesus I am so bad at ODIs, just got hammered 3-0 in the series by Zimbabwe.

I know how you feel. I played an excellent series of tests against the Windies but in the ODI's they tore England apart. Bit like real life I suppose! I struggle to accelerate the innings. I start off solidly but in the final 15 overs they don't score at a quick enough rate. Any tips?? Apart from "Read the manual ya lazy whinging pommie." And yes I am increasing aggression but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

hey dutchad,

I've only played as a county so far but my tip is that its better to start very aggressive, IF your top order are in decent form (4 or 5 star), then hopefully one will get settled within a few overs, and sticks around while others blaze away around him. You need a 'rock' to bat around - with me its usually Justin Langer at Somerset.

So: form, early risk, rock...decent score

It varies on what your side is and what they are comfortable with. I wouldn't start with Cook on 5 aggression, but I would with Strauss.

At Sussex, on my save, I have a pretty sound OD line up, it's almost perfect. I've got Gatting and a regen opening. Gatting scores quickly and has 4 tons in two seasons, the other scores slower but gets lots of 50s. Gatting is at about 90%. I then have Joyce and Goodwin coming in (Joyce recently dropped for Hopkinson), both capable of tons. I then have Morgan, Wright and Hodd who can hit runs at a good rate.

Don't be afraid to settle down for 10 overs. I often have my batsman on 3 bars for 10-15 overs if I lose early wickets, but I can still post 250.

Pitch conditions, form of the oppo bowlers affects matters as well. If I don't lose a wicket in the first 15, I expect to be at 75-0 or better. Also, note who is bowling, if they have a bowler with 3-10 from 4, don't go aggressive against him, be aggressive against his bowling partner.

Users who are viewing this thread