How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I just got this game yesterday and it looks like the mighty Bluebaggers are the best players in Australia, I'm on tour in South Africa with a strictly NSW side and Hughes & Jaques are carving up.

After a brilliant start by dutchad as the new England coach and captain his side are starting to falter. The Windies have managed to take the second test with a fourth day comfortable win.

England didn't manage to get more than 400 runs in two innings after restricting the Windies to 224 in their first innings. Chris Gayle decided enough was enough and together with Chanderpaul put on a wonderful partnership, outclassing England in every department.

Commenting on what his next steps were to be, Dutchad replied "To go and read the friggin manual to this thing!"

Journalists questioned his captaincy asking why he decided to run Flintoff completely into the ground allowing him to bowl 18 consecutive overs. In his defence dutchad said; "I forgot to change him and didn't realise I had to keep an eye on the stamina thingy!"

This has not appeased many people and doubts are rising as to whether dutchad will still be around for the start of the impending Ashes series. Hopefully the ODI series against the West Indies will give him another opportunity to prove himself...I wouldn't hold my breath though!:)

18 overs straight for a quick isn't bad! Good work out on the ole knee.

Had a pretty special innings from Gatting the other day.

Very good in one day cricket for me. With Muzz now hitting 38, I'm going to have a problem replacing him. Yards has great periods of form, then hits a huge trough. Nash has had a good season though, I'm hoping he can be a mainstay in my middle order. Need to find a regular wicket taker too.

Attachments

• GattingTonInn304.JPG
    GattingTonInn304.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 22
wiscore.jpeg.jpg

What a comeback! What a comeback!

After being ridiculed by the press for his poor performance in the heavy loss to the West Indies in the 2nd test, Dutchad lead the England cricket team to an emphatic one day win against a completely mis-firing West Indian team.

All the bowlers were supreme and destroyed the West Indies middle order with an aggressive and accurate display. The middle order was wiped off the face of the earth in a stunning spell that saw 5 wickets fall for the addition of no runs to leave the West Indies reeling at 39 for 6 from which they never recovered and were bowled out on a good batting surface for just 79 runs.

England started shakily themselves after losing Strauss for very early on but after Bopara and Pieterson settled the nerves they went on a quick fire rampage and used the power plays to great effect and lead England to an emphatic and thoroughly deserved win.

Dutchad will take great heart from this and will go into the 2nd ODI brimming with confidence.

Typically the press that had denounced him as an utter failure was jubilant in it's praise and heralding him as the best England captain for a generation.

Dutchad remained firmly with his feet on the ground saying; "The West Inides are much, much better than this. As we well know every time has it's bad day. They will want to bounce back from this and come back at us. We will take great confidence from this and look forward to building on this well-deserved success." :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played 4 tests of the Ashes. The first won I lost by 390 runs, the second one I lost by an innings and 15 runs (and they only lost 4 wickets), the third one I drew after being asked to follow on with a Cook double century and then I won the 4th by 30 runs, with a very good second innings total.

My bowling has been pretty diabolical though, but I would say that in every match apart from the fourth someone got injured.

Had a pretty special innings from Gatting the other day.

Very good in one day cricket for me. With Muzz now hitting 38, I'm going to have a problem replacing him. Yards has great periods of form, then hits a huge trough. Nash has had a good season though, I'm hoping he can be a mainstay in my middle order. Need to find a regular wicket taker too.

Sureshot how good is Wright on this game. Is his batting and bowling improved from 08'?

It's improved, he gets better as the game goes on. I've found his bowling to be better than his batting. I wouldn't say it is deadly accurate of how he is, but then his form this season, for us, has been spectacular.

I just started England career, and i reckon Wright`s batting is better. Call me stupid, but i gave him an early test debut, and he scored 180 in the first innings and 55 in the 2nd. He averages about a wicket per innings/game for me after 7 tests. Will post screenshots of his stats so far later.

I signed him for my county for 3 seasons and I didn't resign him after that because I had so many other good young players. I would have said his bowling is better. He took 1 T20 fiver and 3 OD fiver's in one of them seasons and other than the odd big score, he didn't bat too well.

Anyway, I was looking at Matt Prior for some reason and saw that he had got 5/43 in an OD match and I was thinking WTF. Why was he bowling.

In the first Test between ENG and IND, I had 5 players away on int. duty (Lingham, Kelly (WK), Woakes, Broad and Callan) and that was pretty good since Cobb, Patel and McGregor sometimes go away but I had them. So in the first test, England batted first and made 296. Lingham made 99 and Kelly made 78 and the other 99 runs were spread around around the rest of the team as well as Callan making 11*. Callan took 3 wickets and Woakes took 5 in India's first innings. Lingham made 122 (so unlucky not to get 2 centuries as he got 99 in the first innings) and Kelly made 40 and England were bowled out for 266 so the other 104 runs were spread around the rest of the team. Edmead was second top score with 42 while Kelly was third. In the second innings of India, Callan took 2 wickets and Woakes, Broad and Lingham (who bowled 2 overs) took a wicket each. Platt took 5 though so Lingham and Kelly made 339 of the England's combined scores of 542 runs. Our bowlers took 13 of the 20 wickets. What a Notts performance.

unfortunatly im not going so well as australian coach im in the year 2017 or 2018 and am in great need of 2 good middle order batsmen for both test and one dayers my top 3-4 batsmen are fine but i keep triying young batsmen and all they do is average around 20-30 from about 15 tests or 30 onedayers.
i have some good fast bowlers. A good spinner who averages a more than handy 36 with the bat in tests.iv'e slipped down to 6th in tests and 4th in one dayers.and i know i could win most series as i seem to get to 3-150 or 3-200 but then my weak middle order gets out cheaply.

does anyone know any good yound middle order batsmen?

Uh, in 2017/2018 and your asking for good young middle order batsman? :what

Might need to just look at regens mate.

I'm in the same position in 2013. My top four consists of:

Hughes
Watson/ Black (regen)
Ponting
Clarke

I've tried Ferguson, North, D. Hussey, White in the middle and so far White is proving to be the right choice.

Go North and Ferguson! They are guns on ICC, Callum averages 40-50 at 2012, and Northy averages 52. Guns. At 2011 i was so desperate for middle-order batsmen with Hussey, Katich and Ponting retiring, i even tried McDonald at 4...phail.

Users who are viewing this thread