How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Just lost against the Windies, 1 - 0 in tests and 2 - 1 in ODI's. Chanderpaul, Hinds and Gayle were rocks, couldn't get them out and they proved the difference as they were all low scoring affairs. On the bright side, Shuvo took five as well as a few 3 and 4fa's, and Rahim hit his maiden test ton. Rajin Saleh copied Naeem Islam from the previous series by getting out on 98 XD

hey dutchad,

I've only played as a county so far but my tip is that its better to start very aggressive, IF your top order are in decent form (4 or 5 star), then hopefully one will get settled within a few overs, and sticks around while others blaze away around him. You need a 'rock' to bat around - with me its usually Justin Langer at Somerset.

So: form, early risk, rock...decent score

It varies on what your side is and what they are comfortable with. I wouldn't start with Cook on 5 aggression, but I would with Strauss.

At Sussex, on my save, I have a pretty sound OD line up, it's almost perfect. I've got Gatting and a regen opening. Gatting scores quickly and has 4 tons in two seasons, the other scores slower but gets lots of 50s. Gatting is at about 90%. I then have Joyce and Goodwin coming in (Joyce recently dropped for Hopkinson), both capable of tons. I then have Morgan, Wright and Hodd who can hit runs at a good rate.

Don't be afraid to settle down for 10 overs. I often have my batsman on 3 bars for 10-15 overs if I lose early wickets, but I can still post 250.

Pitch conditions, form of the oppo bowlers affects matters as well. If I don't lose a wicket in the first 15, I expect to be at 75-0 or better. Also, note who is bowling, if they have a bowler with 3-10 from 4, don't go aggressive against him, be aggressive against his bowling partner.

Thanks guys for taking the time.
Some useful pointers and tips in there. Hopefuly I can apply them well and will let all and sundry know how well I get on. Cheers once again!:)

2014, and after painfully losing damn near every test series I've played, my team finally seems to be shaping up! I've just won back to back test series against South Africa, India and Pakistan!

My Players have also been shaping up really well in test cricket too.

Greg Hay has an amazing conversion rate, scoring 13 centuries to 15 half centuries. He is the only person in my team to average over 50, and is easily my best player.

Jesse Ryder has an average of 47, and 11 test centuries to his name. tbh, he should have about 17 centuries, but he gets out in the 90's a ridiculous amount.

Derek de Booder is the highest averaging batsmen in NZ first class cricket, and my test WK. He has been rather incosistant until this year, scoring 3 centuries and 4 half centuries. His overall record is great, just under 2000 runs with 6 centuries.

All three of these players have scoring 1000 runs this year. with Hay getting 4 centuries, and Ryder and de Booder getting 3.

My bowling is still weak, but I've got a few good regens coming in, and I rely heavily on Daniel Vettori, who is still incredible.

Attachments

• BeatInd.jpg
    BeatInd.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 16
  • BeatSA.jpg
    BeatSA.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 11
  • BeatPaki.jpg
    BeatPaki.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9
  • JesseRyder.jpg
    JesseRyder.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Greghay.jpg
    Greghay.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DerekdeBooder.jpg
    DerekdeBooder.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DanielVettori.jpg
    DanielVettori.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 10
Still losing, lost a 20/20 to England on Normal level this time. Batting was too conservative, and my bowling changes were stupid.

Twnety20 is all about luck. If you can get one batsman going then you will score a huge target, causing a batting collapse by the other team. If you don't then the AI tend to and you will lose. Tests and ODI's are much more important, as they have the rankings for them. Play the Twenty20's but they don't really count in the game.

Just finished my first Tour with South Africa against India in tests

Lost 3-0 with Harbhajan and Kumble destroying me in every single match.

Now off the England next

On my ICC09 in 2011 New Zealand save Sri Lanka were nailing most of my NZ Regen bowlers. They were 145/0 off of 21 overs. I randomly chose Joseph Yovich for a call up and he takes 3-31 at 4.3 an over on debut and I end up bowling them out for 248 with the help of Jesse Ryder. After chasing 248 down I win the series!

Just for jokes I just started an Auckland save in ICC09. I reached the super 8's of the T20 WC which was alright.

I do it by just using players from Auckland which include McIntosh, Guptill, Vincent, Tuffey, Mills and Martin.

I get owned in the test series against SL as Mendis takes 35 wickets at 7.77!!! :crying While I take Murali at an average of 50. :p

Currently in the ODI series now and I'm still getting owned. I actually came close to winning one match. I'm down 0 - 4 at the moment... ;)

Just for jokes I just started an Auckland save in ICC09. I reached the super 8's of the T20 WC which was alright.

I do it by just using players from Auckland which include McIntosh, Guptill, Vincent, Tuffey, Mills and Martin.

I get owned in the test series against SL as Mendis takes 35 wickets at 7.77!!! :crying While I take Murali at an average of 50. :p

Currently in the ODI series now and I'm still getting owned. I actually came close to winning one match. I'm down 0 - 4 at the moment... ;)

Saw the first line and thought there had been a new zealand domestic mod release. You got my hopes up :p

Jesse Ryder scored back to back hundreds of 122 and 135*. Both match winning innings.

Just got round to downloading the ICC 09 trial before my code comes through from the PC Awards, and I've started a career as Hampshire. Managed to pick Saqlain Mushtaq up in the pre-season and also signed a youth opening batsman who had an average of 59.00 from 21 innings. The season started very well, with a Championship home game against Worcester.

We won the toss and batted first, and made a more than respectable 253 with half centuries from Adams and Ervine. Worcester didn't fair quite as well, mainly because of the bowling of the 2 spinners, Tahir and Mushtaq. Tahir took 3fer and Saqlain got 2 as we bowled them out for 154. Then we set about posting a big total to set up a victory. That big total came, thanks to a brilliant 150 from John Crawley. By the time he'd brought up his hundred, he'd only played and missed at 1 delivery, with no edges or dropped catches off him, almost the perfect hundred.

That hundred plus half centuries from Pothas and Ervine allowed us to make 405 and set Worcester and intimidating 504 to win. Worcester never really got going, with wickets falling at regular intervals. The spinners did the trick again, picking up 3 wickets each, with Tremlett and Ervine picking up 2 a piece to bowl Worcester out for 181, resulting in us winning by a massive 323 runs.

We then faced Worcester again, this time in the FP Trophy, and pulled off another emphatic victory. A half century from Michael Carberry and then an unbeaten 68 from Nick Pothas allowed us to set Worcestershire 257 to win the game. They didn't get particularly close, falling 88 runs short, again never really getting going, and only small contributions all the way down, with a top score of 35 from Steve Davies.

We've just beaten Warwickshire in the Championship as well, this time by just 68 runs. The game was looking like a draw going into the final day, but the lower order upped their scoring at the end of the 3rd day and got us upto a lead of just over 350 by early on the 4th morning. Warwickshire looked like they were going to chase it down, thanks to a partnership of 143 between captain Westwood and Jonathan Trott, but when Tahir picked up the wicket of Trott the wickets started to fall. Westwood put up a superb battle, eventually falling for 102, but his efforts were in vain as Cork picked up the final 2 Warwickshire wickets to lead us to 2 straight Championship victories.

Just finished 2nd in the Championship, thanks to a South African fast bowler who was on fire. Absolutely dire in the short stuff though. 2nd bottom in D2 of P40, about 4th in the FP group and 5th in the T20 group.

Muzz, RMJ and Murtaza Hussain retired.

Brought in Mascarenhas, some SA regen, and a talented Youth that came through. ust couldn't restrict big scores in short stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread