How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Anyone playing as Australia would know that decent regen pace bowlers are hard to come by.

Installed ICC 06, and then started playing my Warwickshire game that I started in the summer of 2006, but haven't played for about a year! Started in July 2033, I'm in August 2033 now, just won the Twenty20 cup, winning the final by 4 wickets!:D

I've got some absolute legend regens on that game, Raymond Mudie, 38 now, 430 first class innings, 75 50's and 34 100's. Came through the youth system, don't think he'll have long left now, only played 5 test matches.

Roy Lee as well, now 33, 534 first class innings, 52 100's and 132 50's, averaging 48. He's played 162 tests, scoring 24 test centuries, and having an average of 43. Another through the youth system.

Cockburn is a legspinner, and legend due to his name:p, 33 now, 5 10 wicket hauls, 41 5-fers, suprisingly never played a test though. Another through the youth system.

And Norman Pearson, fast bowler, through the youth system, 357 test wickets and he's only 27, played 75 tests for England, averaging 20 with the ball.

As for players who weren't regens, Naqqash Tahir was an absolute legend! Great bowler, and improved his batting as the time went on too!

Just started a new season with Middlesex. My seamers are as inconsistent as ever, but my all-rounder got 133* in the opening match (drawn), my experienced all-rounder retired (at 32). I'm giving Fish a chance to cement his place. Took 4 wickets for about 100 in the game too (they scored 550 in total, maybe 600).

Opening batsman are a pain. Carberry is 38, too old, really. Stone will get plenty of chances and might have to give the new guy a go.

I shot into the role of Essex coach in the 2008 trial today. I won my opening County Championship match against Northamptonshire by 10 wickets!

I lost the toss on a good batting pitch, so I was delighted to bowl them out for 268. It would have been for less if Andrew Crook had not scored his personal best of 90. No one else passed 50. Maurice Chambers, who I gave a debut to ahead of Tony Palladino, took 3/48.

Jason Gallian scored 129 in my first innings, sharing an opening partnership of 180 with Alastair Cook too, who made 94. Ryan ten Doeschate made 97 but the rest of the batting was a bit disappointing. We were 472 all out, Monty Panesar took 6/140.

There were occasions in the second innings that I blocked off the batsmen's scoring areas from their innings and the first innings to make them play out of their comfort zone, and I think it worked on two or so wickets. David Sales made 95, a lot of others made contributions but again no one else passed 50. They were all out for 299, scraping a 95 run lead. Alex Tudor took 4/70.

I had just under a day to get 96, and I did it easily. Gallian made 53 not out and Cook 42 not out as I made 99/0 in 38.2 overs. I bagged 21 points from the game, compared to Northamptonshire's 3!

I am 2nd in Division 2, absolutely level with Warwickshire. After the first game, my opening batsmen have the best averages of the Englishmen. Gallian averaging 182.00 and Cook 136.00! :D I have a Friends Provident Trophy match in Kent next, I hope I do well.

Amazing side

I'm in 2035 and this is my team. (ICC 2005)
I find it hard to lose, haha.

What do you think guys?

2035.jpg

How many Internationals have you got?

Samson should be in for Blakeley.

I just beat a struggling Indian team 3 - 0 and claimed second spot in test rankings!

Belmont averages 120.24 from the 5 matches and is developing into a quality batsman.

Nethercott is 700 runs away from 20k at the age of 38, can he make it?

Last edited:
2nd season with Kent (Icc2006). Signed Mike Hussey and Lokuarrachi as overseas players. Hussey gets 245 in the first match. Lokuarrachi is a gun bowler, and he averages close to 30 with the bat! My bowling is a little thin though, with Schofield playing as the 4th bowler with Anderson and Saggers. I also added Owais Shah in the off-season.

Just finished 2019 season with Middlesex. Lost in the T20 final to Leics, beat Notts in the CT final. Finished 2nd in Pro 40 and 5th in the Championship. Struggled with the pacers, had 3 on England duty most the time, Rashid and Sunny were on fire, as per normal. Though Sunny waned in the last 6 weeks of the season.

2 players retired going into 2020, Carberry (38) and Gratrix (29). I didn't re-sign Alam as he only averaged 35, opted to keep Sunny and signed a WIndian RF who averages 22 in FC cricket. Tom New had an excellent season, average 50, 3 hundreds. Opened on two occasions too.

finished my first season with Lancashire on icc 08, skipped most of the games, won the challenge trophey and got to the final of the 20/20, as well as finishing 2nd in the pro 40, a really good season in the short versions of the game, however finished bottom of the table in the county championship lol end of the season i cut a lot of dead wood from the squad, singed Pothas and Swann as Keedy retired and Sutton had a terrible season last year, looking to one of my youth batsman to come good this year as Law has retired and left a massive hole in my line up, but with my bowing attack and Horton and Du Plessie opening i should hopefull get promoted this year

Finished the 2027/2028 season. Kurt Plant retired at the age of 35, with 491 test wickets.

Nethercott is an the verge of 20000 test runs from 219 matches. Also averaged 80.8 for the season at the age of 38.

Belmont has developed into a class act, averaging 122.81 in the 10 Tests played.

I am now training Franklin, who has become a very useful young batsman.

Justin Mattocks earned a recall after sublime form, and he hasn't disappointed.

Bowlers are worse than ever.

Did well in my 1st Sussex season. Won Challenge Trophy and T20, 2nd in Pro40 and Championship. Hampshire won 12 games in CC! 264 points iirc.

Spencer (never played him), Mushy, Montgomerie and Martin-Jenkins retired. I released Hodd (I have Klokker as back up keeper) and Nash.

In came Kornasura (or something like that), a young SLA from Sri Lanka. Andrew Davies, Danny Redfern and a youth opener.

Played three match series against Pakistan and the West Indies today. Lost every single coin toss.

Pakistan made me follow on in every match, their lowest first innings score was 466 and I lost 0 - 1. Bumped to 3rd in Tests, bowlers humiliated.

Although the Windies hit 607/8 in a draw, I managed to win the series 2 - 0

Got a decent regen pacer averaging 25, and has potential to do much better.

Nethercott finally made his 20k run mark, scoring 91 against the Windies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Virender sehwag is a hell batsmen in this game..No wordings needed anymore t..

Just finished my 3rd Season on ICC 2005.

I just missed promotion in the County Championship by 6 points.

3rdseasonccla3.png

Finished 6th in the National League (45 overs on ICC 2005).

3rdseasonnlos1.png

Knocked out in the semi-finals of the Challenge Trophy.

3rdseasonct2qu3.png

Won the twenty20 cup.

3rdseasont20kozd2.png

The interesting thing about the National League was that I won 6 out of 8 home matches, but only won 1 out of 8 away matches. Also, batting second I only lost 1 out of 9 matches, but batting first I lost 6 out of 7.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread