How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

How good is Anderson for you Gas?

Well, he and Lawson are doing really well for me in County Cricket, my bowling has always been weak apart from Munday. Munday has been good, but a little expensive in odi's, yet he is doing really well since i have called im up to the england squad.

Because i am england coach, i dont call jimmy up to the national squad at the moment, because he is doing well for Somerset.:p

Well, he and Lawson are doing really well for me in County Cricket, my bowling has always been weak apart from Munday. Munday has been good, but a little expensive in odi's, yet he is doing really well since i have called im up to the england squad.

Because i am england coach, i dont call jimmy up to the national squad at the moment, because he is doing well for Somerset.:p

Munday was expensive in ODI's for me in my England game but he got the wickets. Anderson is the kind of player I would sign if he was available but I wouldn't raise my bid for if other Counties wanted him. Has he had any stand out performances yet?

I did exactly the same with Tim Bresnan in ICC 3 :p.

Munday was expensive in ODI's for me in my England game but he got the wickets. Anderson is the kind of player I would sign if he was available but I wouldn't raise my bid for if other Counties wanted him. Has he had any stand out performances yet?

I did exactly the same with Tim Bresnan in ICC 3 :p.

Well its early season, so he has only played 5-10 games, i forget how many but he has got plenty of wickets in first class matches, and is doing a decent job on the odi scene.

Basically, i think he is an excellent county bowler, whilst being a decent international bowler.

In answer to your question ,he has taken 7 fc wickets in one innings so far i think.

Well its early season, so he has only played 5-10 games, i forget how many but he has got plenty of wickets in first class matches, and is doing a decent job on the odi scene.

Basically, i think he is an excellent county bowler, whilst being a decent international bowler.

In answer to your question ,he has taken 7 fc wickets in one innings so far i think.

Thanks a lot mate. If I get the chance i'll sign him. For me Hoggard seems to be old and not that good. I have a great fast overseas bowler, from Sri Lanka I think. His FC average is 21. I have a very good regen fast bowler and my 3 spinners are battling each other for the last 2 places. I need someone to replace Hoggard because at the end of the day he can be easily replaced if I had a good pace bowler. If I get him when you got him it will be the perfect timing because Hoggard will probably retire by then.

Thanks a lot mate. If I get the chance i'll sign him. For me Hoggard seems to be old and not that good. I have a great fast overseas bowler, from Sri Lanka I think. His FC average is 21. I have a very good regen fast bowler and my 3 spinners are battling each other for the last 2 places. I need someone to replace Hoggard because at the end of the day he can be easily replaced if I had a good pace bowler. If I get him when you got him it will be the perfect timing because Hoggard will probably retire by then.

Yeah, he is 28 or 29 in my game, i forget which. Either way, he should have 3-5 good years in the county game at least. ;)

The_gas added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Just to update on my progress with England. I managed to win that game by 10 runs or something. I ended up taking the test series 3-1, although it was close, and India clearly had the better side. Anish, was a monster, as was Singh. I had to bat against those guys one one bar, or they would just rip through my side.

Now onto the 5 odi series, they thrashed me in the first game, i made a few changes and won the next 2 by just a few runs with 2 too play. ;)

I'm so inconsistent in my England game. I win one series 5-0 then I lose the next 5-0. No exaggeration, that actually happened. I won all my tests vs Kiwi's then I lost 5-0 to Saffers.

Just had my most successful season to date wth Somerset, on my 6th year.

gn727zsflvfusd20z1b8.jpg

Nice work! I'm yet to win a trophy so far :p but i'm only in 2nd season. Going well, I reckon I could get promoted to CC Div 1 again and win a trophy.

I finished a match for the first time in ages the other night, it was on ICC 2000, I started a season as Glamorgan and tried out some new bowling tactics (new for me anyway).

I played a Super Cup group match against Gloucestershire, I won the toss and sent them in because it was cloudy and the outfield was slow.

They collapsed, all out for 122 off 44.3 overs.

All my bowlers did well...Thomas 0-14 off 7, Watkin 2-26 off 8, Parkin 3-34 off 10, Dale 4-18 off 8.2, Croft 0-15 off 10, and Newell 1-9 off 1.

My batting wasn't so good, 4-125 off 30.1 overs, but a win is a win.

I used Stephen James to open instead of using Croft as a pinch hitter, he ended batting through with 63* off 73 balls, but the other batsmen were dissappointing.

I can't be bothered trying to write a story anymore, I end up spending more time writing about the stupid game than playing it if I do that, this took long enough.

After a couple of successful seasons with Somerset, i released Jermaine Lawson and Jimmy Andersen (32 and 31 years old) and have decided to go with mainly a youth bowling line up this year (apart from Munday 29). I expect this season to be a rebuilding season, with lots of technique coaching for the 6 youths i have selected.

Started a new file as Kent, got a taste for County again. I'm currently mid way through 07 season. Saggers has been shocking and so has Cook. Joseph and the Saffers are the only sources for reliable wickets atm. Denly has been solid, averaging just under 40, and a regen youngster (Second XI avg: 52) has played 10 games hitting 64 per innings. Key has been consistent, and Fulton is having a wonder year. Ferley has been a useful spinner, but not a match winning one. Also picked up Carl Gazzard for 20k, currently averaging 45 for the season.

I'm level in India with England, 1-1, Monty has taken 13 wickets over the 2 tests. Hoggard reliable too. Jones only got decent figures because he got the tail-enders. Beat South Africa in the Tests, lost the ODIs. Batsman on fire. Hoggard on fire too. Not much else from the bowlers.

Believe it or not but Monty is back after 2 years without and International appearence and he's on fire, taken a 7-fer in '10 v Bangladesh (Yeah not overly good but man he did it for about 20 runs!) and he is currents on 4 wickets with 3 yet to fall!

Users who are viewing this thread