How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Wow just hit 411 with Matt Prior for Essex. Only a draw though i might get a screenie up later.

Chris Read? Why am I not surprised ;)

Why am I not suprised he only made 6 runs either? ;)

Anyway...

Finished 07 season, not a bowler averaging under 30 for the Year, Joseph top scored with 65 wickets =/

Kemp retired after a fantastic year with the bat (Avg 55), and Hall is on International Duty, so I had a free pick at Internationals 8D

I picked up Jerome Taylor for 55k and some Sri Lankan spinner averaging 20 for 60k

Jeff Chester finished with over 1500 runs in his debut season, and an International career looks just around the corner for him.

I accidentally retired my team on the ICC online thing, anyway I can get it back so I can play with the same team online?

Got sick of constantly being mediocre with Worchestershire, went back to my old love Lancashire...

Good start, 3 wins from 3 games.

I just finished an online game, it was somerset versus Hampshire (I)

I elected to bowl having won the toss, and Trembled the opposition to 243/9.. and i had a pretty decent start as well, 31/1 in 9 overs was a typical situation, it went on to 51/2 and KP emerged and scored 4-6 sixers, alongside 20-24 Fours and Scored a match-winning 142*..

Having started up the customary Hampshire game, i have found it a lot harder than previous versions, but in a nice way, it is certainly a challenge.

I have just started my 3rd season (I am mid way through may). the first 2 seasons were very tough. In both we narrowly avoided relegation in the County championship. The FP trophy was a loss, finish 4 out of 5 in both seasons. Pro 40 we were relegated in the first season and lost the play-off in season 2. Twenty20 has been something of a relief, reaching the quaters both years, mainly thanks to Sean Ervine.

Hampshire Season 1 & 2:

Pro's -
  • Strong t20 showings bodes well for other limited over contest
  • Michael Brown - Over 1200 runs in both seasons
  • Chris Tremlett - Hasnt set the world alight, but has been best bowler
  • Nic pothas - Hioghest scoring WK in the country, although often inj
  • Usually Strong batting in FC has laid many good foundations
  • Dale Steyn - Overseas signing for 2010 has shown good form from the word go, unlike Malinga and Bond in previous seasons
  • Season 3 signing Luke Wright offers excellent all-round abillity in the OD game, but questions remain over FC potential
  • Other s3 signing, james Treadwell, has filled a previousy gaping hole in the spin department and is good for 20/30 runs at the end of an innings

Cons
  • Bowling has been very weak with Tremlett and Mascheranas bearing a heavy workload
  • Worrying lack of youth talent
  • Lack of depth, not in quantity terms, but definately quality. Tom Burrows, James Tomlinson, Kevin Latouf anyone??
  • Mediocre performances in previous seasons has led to a lack of funds for training physio and most importantly youth development
  • Batting line up is brittle and Sean Ervine is only middle order batsmen to score runs consistently
  • We are susceptible to international call-ups, tremlett mascheranas and Carrberry have all been rendered unavailable at various times.

Overall though i see light at the end of the tunnel, Treadwell's arrival has been a godsend and luke wright has had a fantastic start in the FP trophy (105 off 81 as an opener on debut against Wocsetershire.) Dale Steyn has been a superb strike bowler thus far.

However we may well struggle when it comes to a more advanced stage of the season, a lack of coaching and absence of physio sessions (20,000 and 10,000 respectively) will hit hard once the t20 comes around

Its stupid how spending 10,000 gets you 0 physio sessions. It should at least be 1.

Try to save you coaching sessions for promising youngsters, if you have any. I would have luke wright on technique training too until he is 26/27.

Its stupid how spending 10,000 gets you 0 physio sessions. It should at least be 1.

Try to save you coaching sessions for promising youngsters, if you have any. I would have luke wright on technique training too until he is 26/27.

yeah i only realised that after at the start of the season. It does seem pretty silly to pay 10,000 and get nothing, where is that money going!

As for the coaching sessions i would like to say i had some youngsters who had any potential whatsoever and would be worth using technique on, but i simply dont. Luke wright is 26 now and is on technique training, i like to alternate it a month at a time between batting and bowling, he has proved useful with both so far.

I have just got my batch of youth thorugh for the rest of the season, amongst them a 19 yr old RFM who avergaed 19 for the 2nd XI, he also took 4-90 on his 1st class debut so there is some hope. I think i will do a full update at the end of the season, suffice to say we are making some progress i am not sure how many people would be very interested in it, but in writing about my season it gives me time to reflect and plan for the future:onpc

I think averaging under 20 for bowlers in the second team is the sign of a decent youth player, however i have some average low 20's and been crap.

And you can get ones averaging high 30s who turn out to be good!

Lost in QFs of CT with Essex in my doomed season (financial hell basically). Whitworth was brilliant as an opener, scoring 700 runs in the tournament. Tom Smith is finally back from injury so I can drop my mediocre youth bowler. Mustard is doing well. Ravi and Ten Doeschate not so. The latter is potentially going to get dropped.

In T20 at moment. Never got out of R1!

Any tips for spotting a good youth sureshot, i have had several that looked to be awesome, at 20-23 gave them two years of technique coaching, and they are crap. Expensive and don't take wickets. Really struggling to find decent fast youth bowlers, yet i have had 4 good spinners come through.

They need to be played as well as having technique training. Honestly though, I tend to aim more for the current season than 2-3 years down the line. Though not all the time. I use the T20 a lot, also if there are dead rubbers, not so much with CC as prize money varies from position to position.

A lot of luck is involved too. But they should have some match experience under their belts each season.

I have been playing them, a fair bit as i have had one or two, rebuilding seasons. As i said, i have 4 decent youth spinners come through, two which appear to be very good. Just cannot find a decent quickie.

My two best fast bowlers, which are also all rounders, get called up to the England squad for most of the season, leaving me lacking in that department. Recently, i have been forced to field four spinners in all games, which works out better in first class matches and odi's. In OD games i then bowl 2 part time bowlers for the last few overs. Won my first 7 games of the pro 40 doing it this way. :p

In fact, i loose between 4-8 players to England duty. Still doing ok though in all comps, won this years CT, 3rd in the CC and looking to win the Pro 40 for the first time in my 8-9 year ICC current career.

Last edited:
Lost out on T20 progression by one point! I tied two games!

Quite annoyed. Though I won my next CC game after the T20.

Ten Doeschate has been poor for me this year. His last year on this contract. He's on 57k. He won't be re-signed unless he wants about 30.

Users who are viewing this thread