How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

So I reinstall ICC06 with backed up saves, and suddenly I've lost three years. It came up as 2027, even though I was up to 2030... I still have Nethercott, Bellson and Plant though XD

Lancashire 2009

I'm in 2009 with lancashire, they are virtually unbeatable..

1. M Chilton (getting on a bit, reliable though)

2. S Marshall (if you give him batting technique when you first join he is incredible, averages 68 after 3 seasons)

3. R Yapp (19 years old and has an average of 89 after one season, in the England squad already!)

4. B Hodge (averages 50, dominates 20/20)

5. S Law (reliable, faltering a bit)

6. A Flintoff (batting technique and he'll score you hundreds, bowling is pretty deadly)

7. R Beckett (young wicketkeeper averaging 40)

8. A Rashid (quality spinner averaging 21, handy with the bat too)

9. J Anderson (having a brilliant season, took 8/41 the other day)

10. J Albright (RFM bowler, solid, and averaging 22)

11. L Lakshitha (Overseas, sri lankan, and averages 18 with the ball!)

I won all the trophies last year, and its looking like it this year too.
Here are some tips:

In the one day matches, if you win the toss, bat first, and go one block less than full out from the start. If all goes well, when you bowl, the opposition will try and hit out from the start, and you get wickets easily. They may hit your bowlers for a few fours, but on many occasions, my opening bowlers get them all out in their first spell.

Also, just in general, check each batsmans strong points, and then get your bowler bowling the complete opposite. It works a treat in all forms of the game, especially 20/20 :)

Second season went decently, I won the county champ and the challenge cup thing, but avoided pro leage relegation by run-rate alone. Marcus North hit 1614 runs, and was well worth his 70k pricetag. Key, Birt, O'Brien and Fulton all broke 1000 too. The bowling suffered, with Dissanayake (Sri Lankan spinner) on international duty for all but 4 matches.

Started the 08 season playing as England, And my team looks like this:

Key *
Webster (22 y.o regen, avg 40)
Pietersen
Joyce
Shah
Flintoff
Davies
Laraman
Broad
Sidebottom
Panesar (Munday isn't quite good enough yet)

Won the first test against Sri Lanka comfortably, then was crushed in the second. The final test was a high scoring draw. Key started terribly but finished with 83 and 116 in the 3rd.

I have been breaking many records in test matches these days, and got a 200* with du plessis (?) of south africa in a county game..

I have 2 games on the go at the momment, one with Hampshire and one with England. I have been focusing on Engalnd lately and have just finished the 2013 test series against the Saffers which we won 1-0. My team is as follows.

Alisatir Cook (Averages 50 in the test arena, has been turned into an agressive batsmen as well so he is pretty deadly in ODI's. Still trying to sort out his strong pace bowling preference. Although as he is the No1 ranked batsmen in the world his game seems pretty good!)

Chris Siddall ( 24yr old Yorkshire regen avergaes 46 and is very reliable)

Kevin Pietersen (Still as good as ever. Was recently promoted to captain following Flintoff's retirement and avergages nearly 55 in tests)

Harry Roth (Was originally called Horace, but as this is a game and not a Charles Dickens novel i changed it to Harry. 23 Year old Notts batsman. Made his ODI debut as a 19 year old but took 2 and a half years to make his test bow. Since then he has averaged an astonishing 63 in tests and 46 in ODI's, the lynchpin of the team, he is unnoficial vie-captain and will replace Pietersen when the time comes.

James Hildreth (Only broke into the side on this winters tour of Pakistan after an injury to Ian Bell, and a 1600 run summer for somerset. He has played 11 test now and averages 62, a real revelation. However i still have suspicions that he might be a bit of a flat track bully. )

Adil Rashid (not a suprise really but his all round skills have nicely filled the void left by Flintoff. Averages 33 with the bat and 36 with the ball, is still young but also needs to improve in the coming couple of seasons to justify the all rounder tag. On a spin unfriendly track i tend to replace him Ian Bell to bulk up the batting)

Matt Prior (I experimented with a fair few keepers at the start of the game before setteling on Prior and he has repaid my faith witht a test average of 42 and a more than adequate record behind the stumps. He excels in difficult situations and has dug out of many a difficult situation with great counter attacking batting and a real abillity ot manage the tail.)

Robyn Matterson (A 21 year old fast bowler from Hampshire is the long term replacment for Steve Harmison a pretty avergae average of 32 after 12 tests will hopefully improve. He seems to be made of the right stuff, case in point the first test against South Africa we set them 220 to win and they were 150-3 before Matterson came back on and took 4-23 as we won by 7 runs)

James Harris (Another very promising youngster still only 23sih and averaging 33 with the ball, a few more years of technique training will hopefully turn him into the top class bowler i know is in there. However considering he is an all-rounder a test batting avergae of 8 is seriosuly under par, although his bowling is the priority)

Mark Davies (After a few years of floating around the fringes a match-winning 8-85 against India last Summer thrust Mark into the first team, where he has stayed seemingly growing every match, he takes the new ball now and is my go-to guy. Avergaes 28 with the ball, 23 in the last year.)

Monty Panesar (412 test vicitms @ 27, a class act and a somewhat understated one at that. Most importantly his economy rate is a just under 2.5 runs per over)

This is only my test team. the one-day team is a lot less settled (as it is in real life) there are a couple of good prospects, but we lack the killer instinct. We are currently 3rd in the test Rankings, 6th in One day rankings. the future is bright and i am very pleased with the team at the momment.

Last edited:
I'm in 2009 with lancashire, they are virtually unbeatable..

1. M Chilton (getting on a bit, reliable though)

2. S Marshall (if you give him batting technique when you first join he is incredible, averages 68 after 3 seasons)

3. R Yapp (19 years old and has an average of 89 after one season, in the England squad already!)

4. B Hodge (averages 50, dominates 20/20)

5. S Law (reliable, faltering a bit)

6. A Flintoff (batting technique and he'll score you hundreds, bowling is pretty deadly)

7. R Beckett (young wicketkeeper averaging 40)

8. A Rashid (quality spinner averaging 21, handy with the bat too)

9. J Anderson (having a brilliant season, took 8/41 the other day)

10. J Albright (RFM bowler, solid, and averaging 22)

11. L Lakshitha (Overseas, sri lankan, and averages 18 with the ball!)

I won all the trophies last year, and its looking like it this year too.
Here are some tips:

In the one day matches, if you win the toss, bat first, and go one block less than full out from the start. If all goes well, when you bowl, the opposition will try and hit out from the start, and you get wickets easily. They may hit your bowlers for a few fours, but on many occasions, my opening bowlers get them all out in their first spell.

Also, just in general, check each batsmans strong points, and then get your bowler bowling the complete opposite. It works a treat in all forms of the game, especially 20/20 :)

Lakshitha is a legend. I signed him as my overseas player in the 2nd season, he did wonders.

I have 2 games on the go at the momment, one with Hampshire and one with England. I have been focusing on Engalnd lately and have just finished the 2013 test series against the Saffers which we won 1-0. My team is as follows.

Alisatir Cook (Averages 50 in the test arena, has been turned into an agressive batsmen as well so he is pretty deadly in ODI's. Still trying to sort out his strong pace bowling preference. Although as he is the No1 ranked batsmen in the world his game seems pretty good!)

Chris Siddall ( 24yr old Yorkshire regen avergaes 46 and is very reliable)

Kevin Pietersen (Still as good as ever. Was recently promoted to captain following Flintoff's retirement and avergages nearly 55 in tests)

Harry Roth (Was originally called Horace, but as this is a game and not a Charles Dickens novel i changed it to Harry. 23 Year old Notts batsman. Made his ODI debut as a 19 year old but took 2 and a half years to make his test bow. Since then he has averaged an astonishing 63 in tests and 46 in ODI's, the lynchpin of the team, he is unnoficial vie-captain and will replace Pietersen when the time comes.

James Hildreth (Only broke into the side on this winters tour of Pakistan after an injury to Ian Bell, and a 1600 run summer for somerset. He has played 11 test now and averages 62, a real revelation. However i still have suspicions that he might be a bit of a flat track bully. )

Adil Rashid (not a suprise really but his all round skills have nicely filled the void left by Flintoff. Averages 33 with the bat and 36 with the ball, is still young but also needs to improve in the coming couple of seasons to justify the all rounder tag. On a spin unfriendly track i tend to replace him Ian Bell to bulk up the batting)

Matt Prior (I experimented with a fair few keepers at the start of the game before setteling on Prior and he has repaid my faith witht a test average of 42 and a more than adequate record behind the stumps. He excels in difficult situations and has dug out of many a difficult situation with great counter attacking batting and a real abillity ot manage the tail.)

Robyn Matterson (A 21 year old fast bowler from Hampshire is the long term replacment for Steve Harmison a pretty avergae average of 32 after 12 tests will hopefully improve. He seems to be made of the right stuff, case in point the first test against South Africa we set them 220 to win and they were 150-3 before Matterson came back on and took 4-23 as we won by 7 runs)

James Harris (Another very promising youngster still only 23sih and averaging 33 with the ball, a few more years of technique training will hopefully turn him into the top class bowler i know is in there. However considering he is an all-rounder a test batting avergae of 8 is seriosuly under par, although his bowling is the priority)

Mark Davies (After a few years of floating around the fringes a match-winning 8-85 against India last Summer thrust Mark into the first team, where he has stayed seemingly growing every match, he takes the new ball now and is my go-to guy. Avergaes 28 with the ball, 23 in the last year.)

Monty Panesar (412 test vicitms @ 27, a class act and a somewhat understated one at that. Most importantly his economy rate is a just under 2.5 runs per over)

This is only my test team. the one-day team is a lot less settled (as it is in real life) there are a couple of good prospects, but we lack the killer instinct. We are currently 3rd in the test Rankings, 6th in One day rankings. the future is bright and i am very pleased with the team at the momment.

This is proof of a true ICC-fan! Now its slightly geekish, but i really enjoy reading things like this. As it shows the the player understands his team, and ICC allows you to get that way! If you work hard enough at it, you understand who's needed for what situations!

I'm gunna have to rep you!

Lol i am honoured. Seriously i do enjoy writing bits like that beacuse it gives you an oppoortunity to think things through. I sometimes think i am reading too much into ICC, but oh well i enjoy it. The game is only as deep as you make it.

Its the same with all video games. Metal Gear solid 4 for instance. First time i played it i didnt care about the stroy, i skipped the cut scenes and raced thorugh it. Yes i enjoyed it but only on a superficial level. Second time round i watched every second of cut scene and found a whole new level, i ended up caring about the charatcers and feeling more attached to the world of Metal Gear than i probably do the real world. Ok that is very geekish:D

The same applies to ICC, i dont get why people would skip a game, ok i only use key highlights, but enjoy tinkering with fields and bowling palns and it is wonderful to see them come off. I like to take my time over games, savour and consider them, i am the kind of person who does mock interviews for Football manger in the shower and put a suit on when my Hitchin team got to the FA cup final for the first time. I can exscuse it though - I am a student and therfore have a large amount of spare time!!

As for understanding my team, i wouldnt go that far! They always seem to suprise and baffle me. Maybe im too demanding. I did have a habit of experiementing a bit too much for my own good, but have now settled upon a side i like that i feel has the right balance

Last edited:
Hey i'm with you on the spare time ;) Uni looks to be really really hard with all those free hours of time :p

I enjoy ICC, and i don't care if it makes me a bit of a geek! I have a life, this is just something i do when i dont :p

Hey i'm with you on the spare time ;) Uni looks to be really really hard with all those free hours of time :p

I enjoy ICC, and i don't care if it makes me a bit of a geek! I have a life, this is just something i do when i dont :p

Except when you get totally OWN3D!!!1 by yours truly.

bulletproof nun, I can completely relate!

bulletproof nun said:
I like to take my time over games, savour and consider them, i am the kind of person who does mock interviews for Football manger in the shower and put a suit on when my Hitchin team got to the FA cup final for the first time.

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh Classic!

bulletproof nun, I can completely relate!

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh Classic!

2nded. Bulletproof nun you're a funny guy, and a great player of the game. It's how the game should be played, I don't play it like that but I should.

I agree, I should probably take my time more with the bowling aspect of the game. I just get impatient though XD

Just reached my first OD (inc. T20) final with Essex on ICC08. Beat Northants in the Semi-final of the FPT (or whatever it's called on the game). Danish taking 5-29 and Lawson 3-20) Bowled them out for 160, chased without losing a wicket.

I'm in 2015 with Surrey and totally broke. I had to release a total of 5 (FIVE!) players last year, and that is with England contracts coming to my aid to the tune of £100,000 for my star player. The real problem is I always find 50 k is 50k well spent when it goes on any of coaching, youth or physio. Lancashire, the only team who have kept pace with me consistently are now terrible (read more broke than me) They failed to pick up any silverware whilst I won a triple (third in pro league- I seem to be slipping in that); that means that my XI has been able to pick up 88 points in 4 CC games, and win three in three in the Challenge trophy. Here is my first XI (all regens now, except maybe the overseas player):

Philip Agnew: This guy is a very aggressive opening bat. Has averaged over 70 for three consecutive years, hitting on one occassion a 302. Is phenominal in all forms of the game

George Hobbs: A regen in his first full season, has a second team average above 70, and in spite of poor form averages 68. Hit a double hundred on debut.

Gary Lowe (Captain): This guy is good and reliable at three. Last year he spent too long being with England and generally messed about with. Unlikely to get picked again though (fingers crossed) because of the no.4. Can score very quickly, can get bogged down, but he makes sure the field is set for the middle order, which is important as I have a relatively long tail.

Ben Harkness: A total legend for me. Slight back foot preference but other than that a jack of all trades. Last year didn't score that many because I started with him at three, where he averaged only 30. He still got an England Contract, and has been really good at four, like two years ago but better (but England duty makes it less frequent)

Ben Eden: I bought this guy at the same time as B Harkness. He has a fantastic record for making runs, and when Harkness is away relishes the opportunity to fill in for him. Didn't do so well at the end of last year at six (I had pushed Tim Ambrose up to 3 to get Harkness at 4. Lowe was at 5)

Tom Harkness (wicket keeper): Has spent a long time as junior to Tim Ambrose, but at 27 it is time for him to take over. Very defensive style, which means that he can help make sure that the middle order can give their best. Seems good enough behind the stumps so far.

Mathew McBain: All-rounder, RF. He began with a bat/bowl in the second team of 45/30. The 45 grew in a few of years to 51, and I gave him intensive bowling technique for three years, having played him at the start to find him very inadequate. Bringing him back aged 24 was a bit of a revelation. His batting was as good as ever, and he was as good as my other pace men with ease. Seems to have mastered reverse swing as on occasion he can bowl after 50 or 60 overs and get 3 wickets in a six over spell.

William Hantam: A LMF SAffer, he has added some variety to the once monotonous pace attack, and has been good with the new ball. He was brought in this year to replace the Spinner I had had for a few years, as I have plenty of home-grown spin talent available now. Now there isn't a weak link in my first XI pace attack, which is very reassuring to know. Has also twice exceeded 40 with the bat this year (with one 55), to ensure that we have never dropped a batting point.

Nicolas Coop: This guy looked hopeless to start with when I signed him, but I figured he would make a good second XI gap-filler. Picked him a bit in that first year, but not much, signed him for a second year because he performed quite well, and he was put straight in my first XI the next year. Having had a turbulent year last year due to injuries and form swings all-round the pace department (I hadn't even had a consistent opening pair), he now justifies his place as first change bowler, and is bizzarely doing well with England (admittedly against Bangladesh) this year. I wouldn't have picked him.

Daniel Bishop: My Off-spinner, he has real talent, and at twenty years of age has a bowling average of just 22, and crucially, going for around 2 Runs an over, even on flat wickets. His accuracy is second to none already. Will be keeping General Bowling Technique on him for a good few years- this guy has a long, successful career ahead of him.

Wayne Batty: A RF bowler, he is opening the bowling, but can have sketchy form and be all over the place. He is easily good enough with three other quality pace men around, but I worry for when an injury hits Hantam that he and a weaker bowler will be unable to cut it, and will leave too much down to the spinners. I also have my doubts about the pro40, where the beginning is so important. This guy is my ownly real rabbit in the first XI

Users who are viewing this thread